Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 24, 2018, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink_Sands

I'm guessing a song is premiered tomorrow night on the Daniel P. Carter Rock Show.

LG95

Quote from: Pink_Sands on Aug 15, 2020, 10:46 PM
I'm guessing a song is premiered tomorrow night on the Daniel P. Carter Rock Show.
No chance. Would have been announced by now.
I could float here forever

Fc29

All that publicy , You dropped, the ones that want are already hearing the songs , itls like putting a door in a border , You stop it from passing there but they have kilómetros around to Cross ✌️

sharinglungs

I know Ves is going to delete that post above me but... It's not about stopping it from spreading, it's about not spreading it further, on here specifically. As request by Warner music. And just common fucking sense.

Roidragee

They'll probably play the single at the Daniel P. Carter show once the artwork is revealed. So maybe in 2 weeks  after it gets revealed next weekend

Vesanic

Alright you funny guy, I hear you're extorting people for the leaks. Get out of here.

Inkblades

So, if SL is now the official Deftones board (didn't their site link directly here once upon a time?), I guess there goes the idea of it being made private. Oh well lol.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 15, 2020, 11:07 PM
They'll probably play the single at the Daniel P. Carter show once the artwork is revealed. So maybe in 2 weeks  after it gets revealed next weekend

Hopefully it'll be the same day as the full art reveal

punkflop01

ok time to put on the S/T and go to sleep ...

ANattyRat

Quote from: Yossarian on Aug 15, 2020, 09:36 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 15, 2020, 09:26 PM
I can't even remember how they revealed Gore, feels like an eternity ago. But I'm guessing their play here is to slowly tease the album artwork and then when it's fully revealed, it'll be revealed along with the title, release date and maybe a single. Hopefully a single, but I guess there's no guarantee.

I think they did slow reveal over days for Gore and DE as well. Never liked it. Deftones art needs no gimmicks.

I wouldn't call it a gimmick really, they need to promote the album and why not do it like this? I mean I'd rather they just surprised us with an entire album out of nowhere lol but in terms of marketing it, they need to do what works best. Especially if they maybe feel a little nervous about not being able to tour the album for a good while yet.

Sleeping_Giant

Some posts today were deleted, so I guess I arrived too late.  Have you cracked the puzzle already? If that is what I think it is, then it will take awhile to get it fully presented on their website...

kleptoned

I have all 32 tracks from the new cd for 1,000,000$

Vesanic

Moving forward, drop-dead does not want to privatise the forum so fans who only heard about SharingLungs now can still join. I really think it would be a good idea to do it but I stand by him.

Please, be cool, be patient.

Inkblades

It's his board so it's his call. Saul Goodman.

RaptureWS

I kind of like having the new people around, expect when they fucking want something. But it's cool to see new/younger fans really getting into Deftones, or older fans finally seeing an opinion so outrageous that after 8 years of lurking they made an account just to say 'NO YOU ARE WRONG". It's fun lol.

I know it's difficult for the mods, but we appreciate the hard work. In fact, I would consider donating if there was a way. It would be around album release and wouldn't be much, but if there is any way I can help I would love to. I know I get "cringey" and emo and rant-y, etc etc but *generally* everyone has always been cool. I love this place. Even my family knows what SharingLungs is :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Penicks

Quote from: kleptoned on Aug 15, 2020, 11:48 PM
I have all 32 tracks from the new cd for 1,000,000$
wanna trade for some blixa nudes

Yossarian

Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 15, 2020, 11:31 PM
Quote from: Yossarian on Aug 15, 2020, 09:36 PM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Aug 15, 2020, 09:26 PM
I can't even remember how they revealed Gore, feels like an eternity ago. But I'm guessing their play here is to slowly tease the album artwork and then when it's fully revealed, it'll be revealed along with the title, release date and maybe a single. Hopefully a single, but I guess there's no guarantee.

I think they did slow reveal over days for Gore and DE as well. Never liked it. Deftones art needs no gimmicks.

I wouldn't call it a gimmick really, they need to promote the album and why not do it like this? I mean I'd rather they just surprised us with an entire album out of nowhere lol but in terms of marketing it, they need to do what works best. Especially if they maybe feel a little nervous about not being able to tour the album for a good while yet.

Sometimes band deliveres something complete artistically - songs and artwork - but label folks spoil its impression by putting plain marketing tricks on top. Take Mein video for other example of "gimmick".

But I see your point and if this boosts sales and earnings for band and crew,  I gotta respect that. Plus, this slow rollout is in fact bit more cool then previous ones.
"Something in our music that has a little provocative kind of vibe to it. And I feel like that exists in our music for some reason. I don't know where it comes from."

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 15, 2020, 07:36 PMEDIT: The label has removed some stuff on reddit, you can be sure they're looking at us as well. SharingLungs has been up since the mid 2000s. Let's not compromise that by being impatient. This is a band. It's their music. Let them do what they want on their own terms if you're truly a fan and respect what they do.

They put lots of responsibility on you guys. It's a small absurd for me if we consider the fact, that those lol quality recordings basically came from the band. Additionally their webcrew wasn't too clever with all those rookie mistakes in the site code. And now the puzzle from their website has probably been solved by some of us, but again no one can talk about it :D

Don't get me wrong - I respect the band and their crew. If that's what they want, then ok - they have all the rights to do whatever they want. My personal opinion is of course irrelevant. But hey, that should be the place where we share our opinions, right ?

sharinglungs

I hope the reveal tomorrow is a bigger, more revealing look at the album art... maybe not a full reveal but maybe an actual part of the image.

Royal

Think Gardens...