Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There Will Be Blood

Can't be Abe, he doesn't know how to turn on a computer.... lol jk

dearthx1

Damn, already seeing listings on Ebay for Ohms vinyl for $150 for the gold version.

DenakDW

What song do you guys believe will be the next city? i bet it will be urantia or judging by the name maybe radiant city... even ceremony has single potential.
And all the days I've missed you 🍂

DenakDW

And all the days I've missed you 🍂

Formant

The riff Abe leaked during his live session seemed pretty iconic (it's certainly been stuck in my head). That has single potential. But really it depends on what the rest of the album has to offer-- which most of us do not know.

From the looks at just the song titles: Urantia, Ceremony, This Link Is Dead maybe? Those all seem like "single" titles, I guess.

Also, The Spell Of Mathematics is such an interesting title. It already sounds like a deeper cut that I'd obsess over.

Roidragee

Quote from: DenakDW on Aug 23, 2020, 05:43 AM
What song do you guys believe will be the next city? i bet it will be urantia or judging by the name maybe radiant city... even ceremony has single potential.
Urantia, Genesis, or Ceremony I think. I'm really interested in hearing what Radiant City sounds like though

Formant

Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 23, 2020, 06:27 AM
Urantia, Genesis, or Ceremony I think. I'm really interested in hearing what Radiant City sounds like though

Radiant City reminds me of Cloud City off Hum's latest album. That'd be cool if it had the same vibe-- an odd time groove for 7 minutes.

Roidragee

Quote from: Formant on Aug 23, 2020, 06:30 AM
Quote from: Roidragee on Aug 23, 2020, 06:27 AM

Radiant City reminds me of Cloud City off Hum's latest album. That'd be cool if it had the same vibe-- an odd time groove for 7 minutes.
Its a short track compared to everything else on the album so im wondering if it'll be a Sextape type of song or a more aggressive song.

There Will Be Blood

Please no naming the sample clip that Abe played on IG. Thanks.  ( sorry just doing my job )

nicklav

Almost a million views on the music video in two days. That's incredible!

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: nicklav on Aug 23, 2020, 07:22 AM
Almost a million views on the music video in two days. That's incredible!

Really? That's very impressive, people are sure curious of new Deftones.

There Will Be Blood

The Olms music video kinda reminds me of a Tool video.

Inkblades

That's awesome. They'll hit one million on Sunday for sure.

I must reiterate: I'm LOVING the dystopian futurism vibe they are on with the album cover, song titles like Error, This Link Is Dead (the title alone makes me think this song is about to be BONKERS), Radiant City, etc. and especially the stunning Ohms video. How about that crazy floating drone creature thing?

nicklav

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 23, 2020, 07:40 AM
That's awesome. They'll hit one million on Sunday for sure.

I must reiterate: I'm LOVING the dystopian futurism vibe they are on with the album cover, song titles like Error, This Link Is Dead (the title alone makes me think this song is about to be BONKERS), Radiant City, etc. and especially the stunning Ohms video. How about that crazy floating drone creature thing?

Reminds me of City 17 from Half-Life 2, which makes it that much more awesome for me.

SMLiberator

i'm confused??

Vesanic

thatdeftkid

Urantia will be the next single, 9.4

RaptureWS

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 23, 2020, 11:11 AM

That's mildly disappointing. Can't really say why I think so but it is what it is. All will be well on 9/25 though
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Playhouse

You're a star, You blaze

Gaz

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 23, 2020, 11:44 AM
Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 23, 2020, 11:11 AM

That's mildly disappointing. Can't really say why I think so but it is what it is. All will be well on 9/25 though

Your judging that from a low quality phone recording?