Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Visionz

:ohow bout those 6 minute plus trax?!?! Ive looooonged for that to happen with them again. Looks like more than once though. Only seen Genesis n Math runtimes on the cassette tape pics.... anyone seen a whole tracklist w times?

imbrie

Quote from: Visionz on Aug 29, 2020, 10:05 PM
:ohow bout those 6 minute plus trax?!?! Ive looooonged for that to happen with them again. Looks like more than once though. Only seen Genesis n Math runtimes on the cassette tape pics.... anyone seen a whole tracklist w times?

Yep, it's on Qobuz - sorry, don't have a link immediately to hand.

Edit: check here https://www.reddit.com/r/deftones/comments/ietwx6/im_loving_these_track_lengths_if_they_turn_out_to/

Visionz

OK those looked like sixes to me on those cassettes but that's still lengthy for them or anyone

Sleeping_Giant

Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 29, 2020, 10:05 PM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 29, 2020, 01:27 PM
Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 29, 2020, 09:11 AM
yeah guys no leak talks  >:(

Yeah, yeah, you are the fine one to talk about leaks :D

Don't taunt him, dude. We like having him around here.

Sure thing, but it doesn't change the fact that he is the biggest of all leakers 8) 

Vesanic

Quote from: tarkil on Aug 29, 2020, 07:48 PM
Hey Ves, good to see you still around brother... Seems like you're doing good with DeftonesLive...
I wish bootlegs were as easy back in the days as they are now...

Salut mec, good to see you!

I think about that a lot. It would have ruined the fun now, wouldn't it? Then again, having a more accessible "database" incites more people to share, lots of great stuff surfaced.

Visionz

A lot of u r still here after all these years. I remember the anticipation of Eros before tragedy hit the band and it's family and DE and all that with a lot of u. We r just older now and still hanging on for the next ride this band may take us on. Gotta admit, this time around feels no less than the best album anticipation ive ever felt with Deftones. Today, my wife and children ask what im doing on my phone when i drop in here. I was here 4 girlfriends and 3 careers ago doing the same thing

Draken

tokyodrifter give us some leaks, lol   :D

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 29, 2020, 09:11 AM
yeah guys no leak talks  >:(

Sleeping_Giant

Ok,  so new single on 09/04 or 09/11 ?

imbrie

Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 30, 2020, 07:12 PM
Ok,  so new single on 09/04 or 09/11 ?

I think we were expecting 09/04 but I'm thinking the following week now. No insider info or anything to base that on, merely a feeling as there's been no official announcement or build to it being this Friday, and they could just drop it without fanfare, but that's a big contrast to the lead up to the album reveal.

imbrie

Miraculously, I've remained unspoiled, apart from the single, during this album's build so far and haven't caved in and listened to any of those low quality recordings and I'm really appreciating the anticipation which is certainly novel.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 30, 2020, 08:08 PM
Miraculously, I've remained unspoiled, apart from the single, during this album's build so far and haven't caved in and listened to any of those low quality recordings and I'm really appreciating the anticipation which is certainly novel.

You believe that? It would spread like wildfire if it were true.

imbrie

Yeah, man - I'm sticking this one out until release day. Have the previous albums to keep me company until then.

all3n_y

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 30, 2020, 08:20 PM
Yeah, man - I'm sticking this one out until release day. Have the previous albums to keep me company until then.

I plan on holding out as well. I still haven't listened to the single. Either way, the new Manson album is coming out soon so that'll hold me over until then.

imbrie

Quote from: all3n_y on Aug 30, 2020, 08:29 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Aug 30, 2020, 08:20 PM

I plan on holding out as well. I still haven't listened to the single. Either way, the new Manson album is coming out soon so that'll hold me over until then.

Woah! I didn't have your willpower but I do wish I had as I'd like to have experienced the album as a whole. I'm definitely not overplaying the single though in the meantime.

E-Money

Stoked for everyone to hear Genesis.. kinda wish I didn't listen to it.. but all good. Nice to hear Stephen back in the forefront again.

Draken

I'm not listening to anything unless it's officially released. I've heard Ohms, the little snippet that Abe played on his IG, and then a 30 sec clip of a bad recording of another (i'm not sure if it was the same as what Abe played). The album comes out on my birthday so there's no way I'm ruining that for myself, but hell yeah if they officially release another single I'm bumping that shit.

ChubbyChino

Does Genesis compare to any other song? If so, which one?

BallZDeeP

i don't think the majority of us can answer that

Vesanic

@I_Know_ok

You're obviously new here. That has been ruled out for weeks. That "leak" was not a leak. It was supposed to be a listening session bonded by trust. Sadly, things didn't go as planned.

We're trying to keep the anticipation where it should be rather than helping a debate over shitty rips.