Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Four weeks to go! Those four weeks should fly by, especially if we get another single in the next week or two. We're almost there.

E-Money

4 weeks until a new Deftones record produces by the one and only Terry Date. What a time to be alive. 😜

buflen

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 30, 2020, 04:59 PM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 30, 2020, 04:12 PM
Ok,  so new single on 09/04 or 09/11 ?

I think we were expecting 09/04 but I'm thinking the following week now. No insider info or anything to base that on, merely a feeling as there's been no official announcement or build to it being this Friday, and they could just drop it without fanfare, but that's a big contrast to the lead up to the album reveal.
thatdeftkid said 9/04. So it's obviously not going to be on that date because none of his "info" came true.

imbrie

Quote from: buflen on Aug 31, 2020, 07:38 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Aug 30, 2020, 04:59 PM
Quote from: Sleeping_Giant on Aug 30, 2020, 04:12 PM
Ok,  so new single on 09/04 or 09/11 ?

I think we were expecting 09/04 but I'm thinking the following week now. No insider info or anything to base that on, merely a feeling as there's been no official announcement or build to it being this Friday, and they could just drop it without fanfare, but that's a big contrast to the lead up to the album reveal.
thatdeftkid said 9/04. So it's obviously not going to be on that date because none of his "info" came true.

Right! Thanks for clarifying - 09/11 then.

Matthewtheloser

In a way, thatdeftkid provides just as many valuable leads as tokyodrifter does. The only difference is that you have to assume the exact opposite of whatever thatdeftkid says will be true.

Sleeping_Giant

It's cool that Ohms has over 2kk views on YT already. In next few days will beat P/T score for sure.

I'm wondering if this new record will be as popular as Diamond Eyes was (5 vidoes from their top 10 most-viewed on YT are from DE - it must mean something, right?).

thatdeftkid

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 31, 2020, 07:58 PM
In a way, thatdeftkid provides just as many valuable leads as tokyodrifter does. The only difference is that you have to assume the exact opposite of whatever thatdeftkid says will be true.

Facts.

buflen

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 31, 2020, 08:47 PM
Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Aug 31, 2020, 07:58 PM

Facts.
Saying this is a fact is a paradox. Now I don't know what is real.

imbrie

I'm lost. Is there a summation to hand of what thatdeftkid 'revealed'?

thatdeftkid

Quote from: imbrie on Aug 31, 2020, 09:12 PM

Only thing I've been "wrong" about is the title of the second single.

sharinglungs

That's a pretty egregious error to make if you want people to take you seriously.

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 31, 2020, 09:19 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Aug 31, 2020, 09:12 PM

Only thing I've been "wrong" about is the title of the second single.
You also said the album art has nothing to do with eyes, and lo and behold, the cover is nothing but a pair of eyes. So far the only predictions you were actually right about was the album would be released on 9/25, which was pretty self-evident by the website url, and the fact that a single would drop on 8/21, which while not entirely evident, I think most of us already assumed something would be dropping by then what with the spelling out of the album title through Spotify. You could be right about a single dropping this Friday, but then again it's nearly a 50/50 chance since something is more than likely dropping either this Friday or next.

sharinglungs

I think it'll be a 9/11 single. 9/4 and no teases... mmm I don't think so.

Inkblades

Genesis dropping a mere two weeks after Ohms? I really doubt it. Ohms is the first single so they probably want it to "breathe" a little bit before they drop another one, especially if they have another crazy video lined up. I'm thinking 9/11 too, although I guess it doesn't have to necessarily drop on a Friday. Looking at some of their other single rollouts, there actually wasn't too much of a wait between Leathers and Tempest, but it was still more than two weeks.

Also, the Ohms video now has close to 2.2 million views on Youtube in ten days. Loving this success they are seeing.

Vesanic

geraavl08

sharinglungs

Next Single is not coming September 4th. That is all. ;)

Diplo

I'm really digging Ohms right now. It's like Good Morning Beautiful or Street Carp, easy not too risky song but still catchy.

Dont know why Stef use a 9 strings on this one tho.

In comparison, the Manson's album has leaked already, the release is scheduled for 9/11. I hope Ohms doesn't follow the same fate.

sharinglungs

Quote from: Diplo on Sep 01, 2020, 09:36 AM
I'm really digging Ohms right now. It's like Good Morning Beautiful or Street Carp, easy not too risky song but still catchy.

Dont know why Stef use a 9 strings on this one tho.

In comparison, the Manson's album has leaked already, the release is scheduled for 9/11. I hope Ohms doesn't follow the same fate.

In all honesty it probably will. I mean 10  days out from release isn't unrealistic.

ChubbyChino

Haha, this 'thedeftkid' guy has already been debunked, the email address linked to his account takes you to a LinkedIn profile of a random guy working in some business not related to music at all.