Previous topic - Next topic

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 03, 2020, 06:48 PM
Quote from: thatdeftkid on Aug 23, 2020, 08:11 AM
Urantia will be the next single, 9.4

This post aged like a fine wine.

I think you mean milk.

that quote too: "Album artwork has nothing to do with eyes."

I bet he comes back and say: my only mistake was the album artwork, the song name of second single and the release date by a few weeks. But I was right it was going to be on a friday.

Far away

Quote from: Digaums on Sep 03, 2020, 07:09 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 03, 2020, 04:45 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on Aug 24, 2020, 06:42 PM
I'm probably biased about Beware because I heard the song live first and it blew me the fuck away. I thought it was one of the best songs they had ever written and it probably is. But then I heard the album version and Chino's voice just sounded so compressed and Frank's synths were gone. My expectations were too high for that one, maybe.

I agree with you 100%. I remember listening to a different version of the song, really raw and dirty, Frank really present on it. That mp3 is one of my fav Deftones songs, ever. When I first heard Beware in Sao Paulo back in 07, that shit got me so pumped and crazy that I fell in love with it on the spot (look it up on youtube, ITS INSANE). The live version is way better than the version that ended up on the record, imho. I hate that one. Makes the song no justice.

edit: here it is.
https://youtu.be/0ME7K-aNGPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGhSQHpqhkY

They say... The first time is the best.  ;)

I still remember falling into the bushes when the line started moving to enter the venue, lol..

Matthewtheloser

Quote from: Far away on Sep 03, 2020, 08:11 PM
I'm probably biased about Beware because I heard the song live first and it blew me the fuck away. I thought it was one of the best songs they had ever written and it probably is. But then I heard the album version and Chino's voice just sounded so compressed and Frank's synths were gone. My expectations were too high for that one, maybe.

I agree with you 100%. I remember listening to a different version of the song, really raw and dirty, Frank really present on it. That mp3 is one of my fav Deftones songs, ever. When I first heard Beware in Sao Paulo back in 07, that shit got me so pumped and crazy that I fell in love with it on the spot (look it up on youtube, ITS INSANE). The live version is way better than the version that ended up on the record, imho. I hate that one. Makes the song no justice.

I still remember falling into the bushes when the line started moving to enter the venue, lol..
Sounds like you had a good pre-game!

Far away

Quote from: Matthewtheloser on Sep 03, 2020, 08:42 PM
Quote from: Far away on Sep 03, 2020, 08:11 PM

Sounds like you had a good pre-game!

It was my first time watching them live, I was 25, with my best friends. It was awesome! Other than the fact that for a split second, I thought I was about to be stomped to death...

Iwazaru

Guys the next single is Pompeji and will drop on the 11th, my uncle at Nintendo told it to me.

plagasx

Quote from: Iwazaru on Sep 03, 2020, 09:19 PM
Guys the next single is Pompeji and will drop on the 11th, my uncle at Nintendo told it to me.

From Nintendo? Sounds like a credible source. Can't wait, thanks.

Playhouse

Nah the new single will be "The Spell of Mathematics" The description online from the leak sounds so good.
Apparently the song starts with a spoken word accapella round table post-modern argument with Abe, Chino, Frank and Sergio trying to convince Steph that the Earth isn't flat. It then ends with a hidden track "Pink Cellphone 2.0" which is actually Fergies National Anthem sampled into a 13/8 frogstomping banger.

Released will be 10th Sept. Nintendo My Told Me, he works with my uncle.
You're a star, You blaze

buflen

Ohms is secretly a double album. Stephen sings all the songs on the second "disk".

Vesanic

Quote from: Playhouse on Sep 04, 2020, 01:53 AM
Nah the new single will be "The Spell of Mathematics" The description online from the leak sounds so good.
Apparently the song starts with a spoken word accapella round table post-modern argument with Abe, Chino, Frank and Sergio trying to convince Steph that the Earth isn't flat. It then ends with a hidden track "Pink Cellphone 2.0" which is actually Fergies National Anthem sampled into a 13/8 frogstomping banger.

"All things can be quantified but one: the sheer and infinite beauty of our eternally expanding universe"

-Donald Trump

plagasx

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 04, 2020, 03:24 AM

"All things can be quantified but one: the sheer and infinite beauty of our eternally expanding universe"

-Donald Trump

I'm reporting you. You said the D word.

Playhouse

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 04, 2020, 03:24 AM

-Donald Trump

😂
You're a star, You blaze

secretbandinsider

imbrie

thatdeftkid

mono

Quote from: imbrie on Sep 04, 2020, 04:14 PM
Review of Ohms in Spanish here: https://issuu.com/rockzonemag/docs/rz_172/40

"Ohms is not a revolutionary work, but I assure is another great deftones album..."

We need to be patient...

imbrie

Quote from: thatdeftkid on Sep 04, 2020, 04:18 PM
No single today guys.

You don't exactly have a finger on the pulse, do you?

buflen

sharinglungs

buflen

Quote from: mono on Sep 04, 2020, 04:19 PM
Quote from: imbrie on Sep 04, 2020, 04:14 PM
Review of Ohms in Spanish here: https://issuu.com/rockzonemag/docs/rz_172/40

"Ohms is not a revolutionary work, but I assure is another great deftones album..."

We need to be patient...
I just want deftones to sound like deftones and to make kick ass music. Not every album has to "break new ground". When band tries too hard to be revolutionary, it usually end up bad.