"Ohms" - Deftones New Album

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 20, 2020, 04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu_101

Quote from: buflen on Sep 09, 2020, 02:51 PM
Quote from: stu_101 on Sep 09, 2020, 10:06 AM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 09, 2020, 05:03 AM
Quote from: Visionz on Sep 09, 2020, 03:09 AM
Pretty sure they named the album and Frank Maddocks created the artwork.
Chino looked up and chose the pony clip art for the cover. The logo itself wasn't even designed by them, they just paid for the rights, like the diamond eyes cover. He said it in interview.

DE cover was inspired when Chino was staying with the band's long term Uk publicist/friend. She lives in country barn and has barn owls. From the outset, Chino wanted an owl on the cover and Frank M worked up some ideas.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the cover of DE is a picture taken by John Ross that was taken before and completely unrelated to the album and was on sale on stock images websites like shutterstock. You can't have a cheaper and lazier way to make an album cover. But I guess it fits the album.

Sure. I know it's a stock image.  I was just explaining where the inspiration of the idea came from.

laurapalmer

This is definitely (currently) the least I've heard of a new Deftones record before it actually has been released since White Pony. I agree that it feels kinda nice to not have caved into listening to the low quality leaks

Prty

Funnily enough I would have happily caved to leaks but  I genuinely have no idea where to find them haha. Think its just about close enough now though so I'm happy to keep it that way.

buflen

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 09, 2020, 04:31 PM
This is definitely (currently) the least I've heard of a new Deftones record before it actually has been released since White Pony. I agree that it feels kinda nice to not have caved into listening to the low quality leaks
Didn't Gore leak extremely late? I don't remember any low quality leaks like for Ohms.

Well.. the low quality sound came on the official release though

ChubbyChino

Quote from: buflen on Sep 09, 2020, 06:19 PM
This is definitely (currently) the least I’ve heard of a new Deftones record before it actually has been released since White Pony. I agree that it feels kinda nice to not have caved into listening to the low quality leaks
Didn't Gore leak extremely late? I don't remember any low quality leaks like for Ohms.

Haha yea, C*** didn't st*** Gore 2 months before release  :o, we didn't get low-quality leaks and the actual leak was a few days before the official low-quality release.

laurapalmer

I want to say it leaked 5 days prior to its official release.

buflen

Quote from: ChubbyChino on Sep 09, 2020, 06:41 PM

Haha yea, C*** didn't st*** Gore 2 months before release  :o, we didn't get low-quality leaks and the actual leak was a few days before the official low-quality release.
Sorry what?

B_S_79

Quote from: laurapalmer on Sep 09, 2020, 06:46 PM

I remember my brother found Gore on the shelf at Target about 4 days before the release date. He brought it up to check-out along with a bunch of other stuff he had, but it wouldn't scan. Manager came over and said it couldn't be released until the release date and took it from him. He said he didn't know how it ended up on the shelf so early. My brother tried to raise a fuss, but (I'm not sure how true this) the manager said they track the sales dates for new releases so they would get in trouble or fined for selling it early.

Draken

You can say that again...

Inkblades

The Gore leak had even worse audio quality than the final version, believe it or not...

LG95

The Gore leak was a vinyl rip.
I could float here forever

buflen

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 09, 2020, 08:37 PM
The Gore leak had even worse audio quality than the final version, believe it or not...
I think it leaked in 2 phases. First one I didn't even bother after the first song.

Inkblades

Yeah, that's what it was. I want to say it leaked four or five days before the release. Same with Koi.

Visionz

Quote from: B_S_79 on Sep 09, 2020, 08:11 PM

I remember my brother found Gore on the shelf at Target about 4 days before the release date. He brought it up to check-out along with a bunch of other stuff he had, but it wouldn't scan. Manager came over and said it couldn't be released until the release date and took it from him. He said he didn't know how it ended up on the shelf so early. My brother tried to raise a fuss, but (I'm not sure how true this) the manager said they track the sales dates for new releases so they would get in trouble or fined for selling it early.

Same happened to me. Was a day or two early and i believe it was a Walmart and they wouldn't sell it. I was really pissed off all day about it. And i do remember the leak being a vinyl rip

Draken

Looking back it's hard to tell but I know Gore was leaked in low quality on April 3, 2016. There was an April Fools joke "leak" that only had a few songs on it. Up until the actual leak we had already listened to five tracks I believe. So yeah, Gore leaked about five days prior to the official release, and I'd speculate it will be about the same with this new album...

Completely unrelated but the new Dune movie trailer is out, I posted it over in the Cinema/TV section if anyone's interested in checking it out. Looks pretty damn good from what I can tell.

https://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,21429.0.html

laurapalmer

Yeah this is 100% true. I was a manager for Target at this time and I brought it to the register and scanned it for fun. It comes up in bright red and all caps saying this product "cannot be sold until (insert release date)" and to give it to a manager/supervisor.

Sicario

Quote from: Draken on Sep 09, 2020, 10:00 PM
Looking back it's hard to tell but I know Gore was leaked in low quality on April 3, 2016. There was an April Fools joke "leak" that only had a few songs on it. Up until the actual leak we had already listened to five tracks I believe. So yeah, Gore leaked about five days prior to the official release, and I'd speculate it will be about the same with this new album...

Completely unrelated but the new Dune movie trailer is out, I posted it over in the Cinema/TV section if anyone's interested in checking it out. Looks pretty damn good from what I can tell.

Dude, talk to me about Dune. I'm beyond excited for it! Looks awesome.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

BallZDeeP

I remember this.

BallZDeeP

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 09, 2020, 08:40 PM
The Gore leak was a vinyl rip.

That was a great day. I put whoever that guy was through the ringer to rip the shit correctly

mandalay

Quote from: buflen on Sep 09, 2020, 02:51 PM
Quote from: stu_101 on Sep 09, 2020, 10:06 AM
Quote from: buflen on Sep 09, 2020, 05:03 AM
Quote from: Visionz on Sep 09, 2020, 03:09 AM
Pretty sure they named the album and Frank Maddocks created the artwork.
Chino looked up and chose the pony clip art for the cover. The logo itself wasn't even designed by them, they just paid for the rights, like the diamond eyes cover. He said it in interview.

DE cover was inspired when Chino was staying with the band's long term Uk publicist/friend. She lives in country barn and has barn owls. From the outset, Chino wanted an owl on the cover and Frank M worked up some ideas.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but the cover of DE is a picture taken by John Ross that was taken before and completely unrelated to the album and was on sale on stock images websites like shutterstock. You can't have a cheaper and lazier way to make an album cover. But I guess it fits the album.
Wasn't that the same band that titled a song "Romantic Dreams."