Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

I hope the rumors of Sergio being replaced are not true.....

Started by RaptureWS, Mar 01, 2022, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 23, 2022, 03:55 PM
Pretty tacky and disrespectful of Sergio to bring Chi into this. Fine to talk about whatever problems you have with the band, but leave Chi and his legacy out of it. Stuff like this is probably what Chino was alluding to when he said Sergio was outta pocket.

No doubt in my mind

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 23, 2022, 04:44 PM
I think he's implying that if Chi didn't come back from the injury he would have been asked to replace him.

".. didn't come back from injury" - dude, he hurt a fucking toe.does that sound career ending to you? He wasn't a ballet dancer

kurtone

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 23, 2022, 05:18 PM
Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 23, 2022, 03:55 PM
Pretty tacky and disrespectful of Sergio to bring Chi into this. Fine to talk about whatever problems you have with the band, but leave Chi and his legacy out of it. Stuff like this is probably what Chino was alluding to when he said Sergio was outta pocket.

No doubt in my mind

Quote from: kurtone on Apr 23, 2022, 04:44 PM
I think he's implying that if Chi didn't come back from the injury he would have been asked to replace him.

".. didn't come back from injury" - dude, he hurt a fucking toe.does that sound career ending to you? He wasn't a ballet dancer

Wasn't a seatbelt wearer either

N0S3BLEED976

Oof, lol.
Maybe Chi was thinking about quitting back then, maybe Chino was just fooling around, maybe Chino was annoyed at Chi for missing the shows and was being petty. Who knows? In the past, Sergio has been nothing but respectful about Chi and bringing that story up from '99 isn't disrespectful towards him in particular, either. It's more of a side jab against Chino, if anything.

Martin

Inkblades

The Sergio Vega "I left Deftones" tell-all media tour continues! He gonna go on Oprah next?

surgery