Started by thanx4knives, Jan 11, 2004, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shine down unshy

untz untz untz

LIFEAFTERDEATH

trodding thru creation, in a irie meditation

mrs_swa

...getting stoned by myself :(
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 17, 2008, 03:51 AM
Quote from: untz untz untz on Jun 17, 2008, 02:39 AM
Kids, I think it's time to grow up.

Meh... I am grown.   Besides, I guess it could be worse.... I could be an Alcoholic or a pill popper.
do you honestly think there is a difference between the 3 of those?

lostpilot

a bit drunk right now, beer.
do not remember the last time i got drunk on something heavier..

..which i suppose is a good thing.
i know always try to drink beer only (just because of my love to this awesome drink), and I always get in this phase, when i'm half drunk, and I catch myself in this situation - if a drink with more alcohol would just appear near me, i would probably take it. that does make me an actual alcoholic, doesn't it?

Nailec

not when youre drunk. if a drink with alcohol appears next to you, its 9 in the morning and you are clean and take it. probablly then you are an alcoholic.

man i have two great pictures that perfectly cath the feeling of a festival.

one is 9:38 am and i guy comes out of his tent where he just awoke.
the next one is 9:39 where the same guy has a fucking beer between his teeth.

mrs_swa

I'm feeling a little tipsy from Vodka and lemonade. :-\
...blow the Universe into nothingNESS.  nuclear warfare shall lay us to rest...

cyppe101

White Pwny

Quote from: Variable on Jun 22, 2008, 08:17 AM

Meh... I am grown.   Besides, I guess it could be worse.... I could be an Alcoholic or a pill popper.

Yes, actually I do.   Alcoholics become addicted.... pill poppers become addicted and both go thru some serious withdrawls without them.   I have been toking for years, and when I'm without, I'm without.  I don't get muscle aches... I don't get sick.   I could just go on and on.. but  you are medically inclined Trey, don't come at me saying that there is absolutely no difference between the three.  Do some research, and then talk to me.   Anyone so inclinded can do some research and see that it has been proven time and time again that there is no physical dependacy to marijuana.     I may be damaging my lungs... but I'm not going to get cirrhosis or fuck my liver up because of VICODIN.  Please don't forget that I am too medically inclined... and I could argue this all day.   There is a DEFINATE difference between the three.    It's like you saying that there is no difference between cigarettes and pills and alcohol.   Anyway, do your research and get back to me, if you so wish.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

samson simpson

^^^^

samson simpson

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 23, 2008, 01:00 AM

Yes, actually I do.   Alcoholics become addicted.... pill poppers become addicted and both go thru some serious withdrawls without them.   I have been toking for years, and when I'm without, I'm without.  I don't get muscle aches... I don't get sick.   I could just go on and on.. but  you are medically inclined Trey, don't come at me saying that there is absolutely no difference between the three.  Do some research, and then talk to me.   Anyone so inclinded can do some research and see that it has been proven time and time again that there is no physical dependacy to marijuana.     I may be damaging my lungs... but I'm not going to get cirrhosis or fuck my liver up because of VICODIN.  Please don't forget that I am too medically inclined... and I could argue this all day.   There is a DEFINATE difference between the three.    It's like you saying that there is no difference between cigarettes and pills and alcohol.   Anyway, do your research and get back to me, if you so wish.

pills are also filtered through the liver

White Pwny

exactly as I pointed out.

Bless herb.  =o)

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 23, 2008, 01:00 AM

Yes, actually I do.   Alcoholics become addicted.... pill poppers become addicted and both go thru some serious withdrawls without them.   I have been toking for years, and when I'm without, I'm without.  I don't get muscle aches... I don't get sick.   I could just go on and on.. but  you are medically inclined Trey, don't come at me saying that there is absolutely no difference between the three.  Do some research, and then talk to me.   Anyone so inclinded can do some research and see that it has been proven time and time again that there is no physical dependacy to marijuana.     I may be damaging my lungs... but I'm not going to get cirrhosis or fuck my liver up because of VICODIN.  Please don't forget that I am too medically inclined... and I could argue this all day.   There is a DEFINATE difference between the three.    It's like you saying that there is no difference between cigarettes and pills and alcohol.   Anyway, do your research and get back to me, if you so wish.
you obviously have your mind made up.  But I dont see a difference at all.  Not everyone who takes pills and drinks alcohol are addicts.  Only some.  and while marijuana does not cause a physical dependency it is extremely mentally addictive.  There are countless accounts of people ruining their lives because of Marijuana dependence.  I have first hand witnessed a very good friend go from a great life to literally a bum with rotting teeth because of no other drug than marijuana.  Just because you are strong enough to not get addicted does not mean others are.  I have heavily abused alcohol without any symptoms of physical or mental withdraw.  I consider myself lucky.  But that doesn't mean that no one else in the world can become addicted.  And all three of the drugs are extremely detrimental to your health when abused.  I just think it is a bit arrogant for a pot smoker to stick their nose up at drinkers and pill poppers.  There really is no difference.

White Pwny

NO where did I stick my nose up.  I was clearly stating that there ARE differences among the three.   Which there are.   

wheresmysnare

Had almost written a short essay/autobiography about drug use and thought i sounded like a preaching twat!

Basically whether its coke, weed, mandy (the only drugs I would bother with) moderation, moderation, moderation, moderation, always think about your long term health.

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 23, 2008, 08:31 AM
NO where did I stick my nose up.  I was clearly stating that there ARE differences among the three.   Which there are.  
You stuck you nose up when you said it was worse to abuse alcohol and pills than marijuana.  That was not stating differences.  That's like a Christian telling a Muslim and a Jew that they are going to hell.  Just doesn't make any sense.
Quote from: wheresmysnare on Jun 23, 2008, 10:49 AM
Had almost written a short essay/autobiography about drug use and thought i sounded like a preaching twat!

Basically whether its coke, weed, mandy (the only drugs I would bother with) moderation, moderation, moderation, moderation, always think about your long term health.
exactly.  moderation is the key.  Alcohol has been proven healthy when taken in moderation.  Obviously prescription pain medication has been found to be useful in moderation.  And although I am no expert on the uses of medicinal marijuana im sure that the medicinal uses also call for moderation

Quick note kids: getting stoned, drunk, or high of pills daily is NOT moderation. 

White Pwny

What I said is.  If addicted..... Side affects from withdrawl are much more profound than with Marijuana.   I've seen alcoholics first hand.... I've seen pill poppers first hand.. and I've seen pot heads first hand.   I am speaking from much experience.   If people don't have weed.   They just don't have it.    In the other cases, if addicted... It is much worse than just not having any.   I don't care that we don't see eye to eye.   And in the case where you tell me that your "friend" fucked up his whole life over weed?   If any of that is true your friend was fucked to begin with.  Weed is not that type of drug that if used alone will "fuck up your entire life"  and I really don't care for your arguement back.      You can overdose on pills... and alcohol and DIE.   There are no known cases of anyone dying from overdosing on weed.    I am not speaking for the other hardcore drugs, as I don't know firsthand what it does.   I am only speaking in the case of what I know.    I'm getting off my soapbox now, and I'm finished with the convo.    People are gonna do and believe whatever the hell they want anyway.

Variable

Quote from: White Pwny on Jun 23, 2008, 04:07 PM
What I said is. 
Meh... I am grown.   Besides, I guess it could be worse.... I could be an Alcoholic or a pill popper.
That is what you said.  I am quite capable of reading it for my self.  Although it would seem that you need to be reminded.

White Pwny

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 23, 2008, 05:49 PM
its really this simple. it really is

marijuana. is safer than pills.. and it is safer than alcohol

i win. because my statement is backed up by scientists. not sharing lungs members

+1

Trey knows it's safer also, but he won't ever admit it.