Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

Anyone going to go see Pulp Fiction in theaters again tomorrow?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

theis

Looper - 9/10

Yup, definitely one of the best I've seen this year.

Gee

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Corleone

Shutter Island 9/10

kind of knew what was happening, but it was a mind fuck still

black coffee

End of Watch

don't think I've ever seen a movie with this many fucks and shits. I mean, do people in LA really curse this much, even cops? Aside, a good movie. Gyllenhaal and Peña are awesome together.

blixa

melancholia. definitely depressed the shit out of me.

fireflyry

Just re-watched Ronin.

It's still the shit as far as heist movies go.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

bright lights, big city

Holy shit, Ronin is definitely another one of my favorites. Stellar cast, classic Jean Reno and De Niro. Hell, it's even one of the few times Sean Bean doesn't get killed in a movie.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

fireflyry

...and still I lol at Sean Bean every time "...almost a bit of raspberry jam back thur yur?!!?....bit of raspberry jam back thur!!!!!"

Audi S8 in Ronin [HD]

Gee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 12, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hell, it's even one of the few times Sean Bean doesn't get killed in a movie.

;D

As for the movie I really liked it as a kid -owned it in VHS !- but I didn't watch it in a long time. Maybe I'll do that one of these days.
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

BillyNo.9

Finally watched the avengers movie What a huge piece of shit. Also why can't marvel movies have the same guy play Bruce Banner?

deftoolsys07

Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Corleone

blixa

watched heat for the first time. i bit down to the end of my nails. fucking intense!

theis

Quote from: blixa on Dec 17, 2012, 11:27 AM
watched heat for the first time. i bit down to the end of my nails. fucking intense!

Amazing movie.

Corleone

Rounders - 8/10, pretty solid movie, Edward Norton is the man, as per usual.

fireflyry

Just watched Prometheus.

Took me a long time to get around to it, especially when I rate Ridley Scott right uo there direction wise.In saying what a shit film.Outside Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron, and Guy Pearce who were brilliant, the rest of the acting was subpar to the extent it was laughable.The casting director should have been shot.I kind of get Ridley was going for a new heroine akin to Sigourney Weaver but Noomi Rapace's acting was horrid and ruined the whole flick for me.In saying she had a pretty average script to work with, yet still some really bad acting took place in this flick which surprised me.

Pretty looking film though.

I'd give it a 4-5/10.

Easily in my top 3 heist movies of all time.First time Pacino and De Niro were ever in a scene together from my geeky film memory logs.Fantastic if not flawless film.

blixa

Quote from: fireflyry on Dec 19, 2012, 10:47 AM

Easily in my top 3 heist movies of all time.First time Pacino and De Niro were ever in a scene together from my geeky film memory logs.Fantastic if not flawless film.

i orgasmed over the scene where they have coffee together. so good.

DeftonesNZ

Just watched The Crow:City of Angels it was cool seeing Deftones in it but what a let down I really liked the first one but this one was shit,What's with the crow guys character it's so poorly developed at some points he seems cocky like he's badly ripping off the Joker then at  other times he acts like a little bitch afraid of a crowd of people dancing in masks ,Not to mention the plot being pretty much the same as the first one.Had so much potential but failed to keep the same gloomy feeling that made the first one good especially the coldness of Brandon Lee as the crow.

fireflyry

Just don't watch The Crow:Wicked Prayer.

It's beyond shit or even laughable B-Grade.It's Z-grade.Pity as I've always thought Edward Furlong had potential as an actor, once he shook off the T2 shackles.But yeah....if you thought City of Angels was rubbish steer clear else you will be asking..."Can I please have that 90 minutes of my life back.."Best thing about City of Angles was the soundtrack.In saying the original had an amazing soundtrack, one of the best I've ever bothered to buy anyway.

It's pretty biased for me though.Brandon was actually becoming a good actor, his first few films were pretty shit, and he displayed amazing potential in the original. Weird thing is I hated the film at release as a fan of the comic, yet since I've come to really love it.