Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assassin

Is Requiem for a Dream any good?

tarkil

WHAT ??? You didn't see it ??? Go slap yourself in the face...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Assassin

To be honest I never heard of it before I came to this board. Someone mentioned it before, it has a 8.5 rating on imdb.com... Seems promising. It's about drugs right?

Why are you being 'nice' (or should I say nicer) to me all of a sudden by the way? Not that I'm 'complaining'...

tarkil

Cause you're not bitching and whining anymore... And trying to prove everyone you're better than them... So I have absolutely no reason not to be nice with you! But if you really want so, we can also bash ourselves... ;D

Assassin

When was I trying to prove I was better than everyone else?

tarkil

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away m'am...

Assassin

So... Requiem for a Dream...

tarkil

Awesome movie, go rent it tomorrow... Or download it now, whatever you prefer...

Assassin

I don't download movies, I don't wanna risk trashing my computer with spyware and shit with those P2P programs. Know any that don't do that?

I guess I'll rent it some time...

tarkil

Bit Torrent for the win. Totally malware free... 100% Guaranteed.
Go download for a software called utorrent (www.utorrent.com), then go find some torrent files or sites such as www.thepiratebay.org, or www.torrentreactor.net, torrentbox.com, torrentspy.com, and there it is...

Assassin

Wow, tarkil doing me a favour. Are you feeling ok? I'm not entirely sure I should trust you on this... No offence...

tarkil

Oh poor girl... Because I played it a bit rough with you few times, you prefer not trusting me now ? Well, you're the one restraining yourself... I'm okay with that... ;D

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 17, 2006, 11:51 PM
So... Requiem for a Dream...

It's an amazing movie. Very heartbreaking, but the acting is so incredible. It's a movie everyone should see.

It's not a "drug-movie", it involves drugs but its more a movie about addiction (there are many addictions other than drugs) and what it does to you and the world around you.

SEE IT!

defskull

I saw this movie called Love, Sex, and Eating the Bones tonight.  Good movie.

Corleone

Why is there a topic just for movies? I don't know which movies you guys have already talked about.

lol

4th Eye

Quote from: fireflyry on Feb 17, 2006, 07:34 PM
Sequels never beat the orig...look at Die Hard....
Mostly true but 'never' is a rather strong word. Even though these are just personal opinions, I'd say Aliens, Terminator 2, X2, SW: The Empire Strikes Back and LotR: Return Of The King, to name some of the top of my head, were better than their predecesors.

Quote from: Corleone on Feb 18, 2006, 09:46 AM
Why is there a topic just for movies? I don't know which movies you guys have already talked about.
Talk about what you wish...if it's been discussed before, we'll just smite you. ;D

Corleone

No more smite please, lol

Anyone seen City of God? I got it a couple years ago when it came out, great movie.

BigDave

Quote from: Assassin on Feb 17, 2006, 06:04 PM
I was thinking of going to see Munich. What was disappointing about it?

the film didn't seem to have any direction and it was overly long.  and make sure you watch requiem for a dream a.s.a.p., it's stunning.

as is city of god.

watching raging bull tonight with my pop.

Jerry_Curls

Usually, I don't rent comedies, but last night I felt like laughing. So I rented Waiting. I liked it a lot.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

fireflyry

Quote from: 4th Eye on Feb 18, 2006, 10:23 AM
Quote from: fireflyry on Feb 17, 2006, 07:34 PM
Sequels never beat the orig...look at Die Hard....
Mostly true but 'never' is a rather strong word. Even though these are just personal opinions, I'd say Aliens, Terminator 2, X2, SW: The Empire Strikes Back and LotR: Return Of The King, to name some of the top of my head, were better than their predecesors.

I don't really classify part 2 of a trilogy as a sequel.Terminator 2 is a good call though.I should have said "99% of the time".

:)

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.