Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickdelaLynch

I'm tempted to see Se7en, the problem is is I don't do well with horror gore. Over-the-top gore I'm ok with, but when it gets to down right murder, I freak out.

You would think I'd do better with horror films.

defskull

Anyone seen My Big Fat Independent Movie? I'm interested in seeing it.

Fireal1222

Quote from: BigDave on Feb 21, 2006, 03:47 PM
the directors cut of donnie darko isn't very good.

i didnt think the regular cut of donnie darko was good

why do people love that movie so much?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

one weak

2 reasons:

1. everybody loves it
2. it actually makes people pay attention to detail rather than character development.

i think it's well made, but it's not like it hasn't been done before.

black coffee

nice.

Azwethinkweiz

BigDave

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm tempted to see Se7en, the problem is is I don't do well with horror gore. Over-the-top gore I'm ok with, but when it gets to down right murder, I freak out.

you don't actually see any murders.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: BigDave on Feb 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Feb 22, 2006, 11:01 PM

you don't actually see any murders.

I know. I heard that it just shows the bodies but even that freaks me out.

defskull

I saw Buffalo 66 tonight.  I wanted to hate it because I've heard that Vicent Gallo is a pretintious prick and I've also heard that it is amazing by Vicent Gallo lovers. At first I thought it was garbage but then I got sucked in.

It really is a good movie. It's very reminiscent of bad 70's movies in terms of cinematography.  And I like that. It really worked for the movie.

dusttones

Quote from: defskull on Feb 24, 2006, 06:02 AM
I saw Buffalo 66 tonight.  I wanted to hate it because I've heard that Vicent Gallo is a pretintious prick and I've also heard that it is amazing by Vicent Gallo lovers. At first I thought it was garbage but then I got sucked in.

It really is a good movie. It's very reminiscent of bad 70's movies in terms of cinematography.  And I like that. It really worked for the movie.

"There was nobody that I liked because girls stink. They stink. They're evil. And they're all bad. They're backstabbers, like you."

Get Well Soon might be my favorite Gallo movie.

DeftonesATF27

I just saw Water Buffulo - Out of moisture and damn it was just awwww, i mean how could the water buffulo not know he wasnt in the sea anymore? it was hard to watch, but thankfully while passing a highway some semi took him out and the fuckin semi wrecked all over the road which is entertainment all on its own, go check it out. Water Buffulo - Out Of Moisture. starring Randy Quiad as the Semi driver.

Dont forget its coming out on dvd with a bonus disc titled Randy quiads "I Hit a Water Buffulo"

one weak

just finished watching Garden State for about the 5th time....it tends to get worse every time. not saying it's a bad film, but i find more and more i don't like about it every time i watch it. the soundtrack is cool though.

fireflyry

Watched a german film called "Downfall" last night about the last few days of Hitler's reign.

Amazing film.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

dusttones

garden state has to be one of the most overrated movies. i'm not sayin' it was bad...its just wasn't that good.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: dusttones on Feb 24, 2006, 07:39 AM
garden state has to be one of the most overrated movies. i'm not sayin' it was bad...its just wasn't that good.

Yeah no i agree, its defiantley not a match for Water buffalo - Out Of Moisture.

defskull

Quote from: one weak on Feb 24, 2006, 07:16 AM
just finished watching Garden State for about the 5th time....it tends to get worse every time. not saying it's a bad film, but i find more and more i don't like about it every time i watch it. the soundtrack is cool though.

I felt that movie was terrible. It really was. It reminded me of part Eternal Sunshine and part Lost in Translation.  All unoriginal. 

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: defskull on Feb 25, 2006, 05:15 AM

I felt that movie was terrible. It really was. It reminded me of part Eternal Sunshine and part Lost in Translation.  All unoriginal. 

I know exactly what you mean. Seriously. Eternal was still good though.

lithium royalty

saw The Weatherman tonight.. pretty cool flick..

"they call me camel toe coz im tuff"

lithium royalty

"i think they make tires out of camel toes"

ChickdelaLynch

Garden State is a good film, but I get what you mean. The ending made me cry, but it didn't really have a big impact on me like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, even though that movie didn't make me cry.

But indeed, it does have an awesome soundtrack. Same with Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet, although I hate that version of the play.