Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

^ Platoon!

Gonna watch Apocalypse Now tonight.

DeftonesATF27

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 16, 2006, 02:52 PM
^ Platoon!

Gonna watch Apocalypse Now tonight.

Both of those are great war movies, also check out Cadence if you havent with Charlie Sheen And Martin Sheen both starring.

Just watched Rudy last night. Hes got heart.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: lithium royalty on Apr 15, 2006, 01:24 AM
Quote from: deftonekid on Apr 14, 2006, 11:40 PM
Quote from: Frankz0r on Apr 14, 2006, 05:00 PM
I watched "In her shoes" last week... ha very good!
Cameron, your ass is a table! but you're sweet  ;)

haha

is that the one about the the girl playing a guy playing a girl?

Naw, you're thinking of Transamerica?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

lithium royalty

DeftonesATF27

BATMAN FUCKING BATMAN

because i love this movie so much i think ill check out the new one. just cause i want all the batman i can.

Im telling all the deftonesworld.com board members now that you will see me as the next Batman, oh yes, you will.

Chrisbo

You'll be the first member of the board to have a theme tune!

Oh wait, that aint on the films eh? Ah well, you could re-introduce the idea eh?

Di-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni
Di-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni-ni
BATMAN!!!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Apr 17, 2006, 05:31 AMNaw, you're thinking of Transamerica?

That was a good movie, but a got a little too weird even for me.

Well it's been ages since I've seen a movie (A month) which is a lifetime span, so since it's Spring Break I decided to catch up on those lovely films and I still have more to go, but onto the ones I did see.

I saw The Squid and The Whale which was really good. Jeff Daniels did an excellent acting job, as did Laura Linney and surprisingly Owen Kline. It was nice to see a David Lynch reference in that film, too. =)

I also had the chance to check out Lucky Number Slevin too. It was good, but I thought it tried too hard to be The Usual Suspects at certain points. I still managed to enjoy it, though.

I saw parts of Two For The Money and yeah...not good.

fireflyry

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

Jerry_Curls

That looks really interesting...I wish I had netflix
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

fireflyry

It's one of the best films I've ever seen.

Spanish black comedy/horror and one of the more original films I've seen in terms of the overused "antichrist" premise/plot.It's pretty easy to find in New Zealand.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

ChickdelaLynch

I saw a few more movies yesterday.

I watched Last Days and artistically it was a great film, but plot wise it was the dullest film ever. The guy was high during his last days so there really wasn't too much to document, but the fact that there was barely any dialogue made it better. Michael Pitt did an excellent acting job.

I also saw The United States of Leland which reminded me of Manic. It was good nonetheless, but I wish there was more Kevin Spacey. There is no such thing as too much Kevin Spacey.

Assassin

I went to see Silent Hill this evening. I thought it was really good - go and watch it.

Azwethinkweiz

Assassin

Hmmm... yeah it was, the gore was in just the right amount I think. Not too excessive, but it was definitely there. How scary the film was is too subjective for me to give any meaningful opinion on it really, but I definitely recommend it. It's the best video-game 'conversion' I've seen.

deftonekid

ohh nice i need to see it!!

Azwethinkweiz

I just saw The Last House on the Left.

I can honestly say that this is, without a doubt, the worst movie i've ever seen.

defskull

I was let down by Silent Hill. The whole cult relgion plot thing upset me.

Chrisbo

Hmmm differing opinions on Silent Hill. I love the game too much to miss this!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

BigDave

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 22, 2006, 04:57 PM
Hmmm differing opinions on Silent Hill. I love the game too much to miss this!

Assassin

Quote from: defskull on Apr 22, 2006, 04:18 PM
I was let down by Silent Hill. The whole cult relgion plot thing upset me.

Hmmm... yeah I know what you mean, still I don't think it ruined the film at all. I never really played the game properly to be honest so maybe you're looking at it from a fan of the game's point of view. Apparently the beginning (when they arrive in Silent Hill) is exactly the same as the game though.

Anyways, as a supernatural horror in its own right, I think it was pretty good. I think the only thing that let it down was the somewhat unrealistic CGI on some of the creatures.