Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

damn foos. All the M:I movies are awesome.

vida_mae

I watched woody allens match point...it had a out of nowhere twist, so i liked it...um i want to see art school confidential, but its only playing in nyc and la right now. Oh and i watched national lampoons, barely legal. I recomend shooting yourself before viewing it.

Chrisbo

Aye so I was bored out my face last night and went to see Silent Hill with a few mates. I actually liked it, but like I said in another thread, i thought there was too many characters or people in it. The games are scary because of the loneliness involved with it, but ya know apart from that, I generally enjoyed it! And they used the music from the games too, which is cool!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

deftonekid

i just saw symphaty for lady vengance (park chan wook - old boy). its so freakin good!!! its not old boy but its quite amazing!! i liked it a lot!!!

Chrisbo

Has anyone here ever seen Audition?

You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Azwethinkweiz

Nope, but I really really want to. Is it good? scary/gory?

Chrisbo

It's fucking twisted, and the last 20 minutes are brutal! It's a good film though, pretty clever!

4th Eye

I think it was boring. The ending with the needles was quite disturbing and weird but it's not really scary or gory.

deftonekid

Quote from: Chrisbo on May 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
It's fucking twisted, and the last 20 minutes are brutal! It's a good film though, pretty clever!

yeah the last part of the movie is totally insane!!!

Azwethinkweiz

watched The Family Stone tonight.

I really liked it actually and Rachel McAdams is just so cute.

BigDave

i watched le mepris last night.  it was excellent.

Azwethinkweiz

Watched Lord Of War (http://imdb.com/title/tt0399295/) yesterday and Ondskan (http://imdb.com/title/tt0338309/) today.

Excellent movies both of them.

DeftonesATF27

Uncle Buck, anybody seen this? John candy....dude is a pimp in this movie..hes gets not one, but 2 bitches! haha a big ass fat dude gettin pretty damn good tail for being so damn huge. Sorry, anyway, just a funny ass movie ya'll should check it out, uncle buck.

Azwethinkweiz

Yes, Uncle Buck is great. Have seen it many times. Underrated classic.

Assassin

It's one of those films everyone should watch, and yet I've only ever seen small clips of it.

Breach Unborn

DON'T watch Poseidon. i might rather watch something with tom cruise's annoying ass than sit through this again

law

Saw When A Stranger Calls last night, pretty fucking bad... boring as fuck.

BigDave

Quote from: one weak on May 05, 2006, 08:21 PM
Quote from: BigDave on May 05, 2006, 02:19 PM
Quote from: one weak on May 05, 2006, 05:58 AM
probably going to see Mission Impossible 3 this weekend, though my hopes are not very high for it. it won't top the first one, but so far it looks better than the second.

dude you know it's going to suck.  on a more positive note i ordered the passion of joan of arc, it should arrive pretty soon.  how do you suggest i view it the first time round, silent or with the score?
it doesn't really matter. i've seen it countless times both ways, and i actually prefer it without the score. it seems more fitting to me becuase half the film was lost during world war 2 i believe. they recut what they had after that. anyway, without the score, you are forced to watch with a more connected view of joan. the close-ups are amazing and, and you don't need music to make an emotional connection with the film by any means.

in my opinion, this is the BEST acting by an actress in all of cinema, and i would love to put that up against any other film.

so have fun man. hopefully this film does for you what it does for me!

i watched it friday without the score whilst being quite tired and i struggled to concentrate in some parts, but was amazed by much of it to say the least, especially the camera work.  then i watched it again today with the score and was totally blown away.  i'll watch it again silent soon when i'm more awake.
anyway, thanks for recommending it.

DeftonesATF27

Every Which Way But Loose - (1978) ** Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke

Clint Eastwood in a farce about a brawling trucker, a singer (sondra locke), and a beer guzzling orangutan. (Comedy, 119 mins)

lithium royalty

http://www.seenoevilthemovie.com/

when you're in the "hotel" of this preview site, the music sounds a lot like something team sleep would do.