Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

i just watched lost highway.  insane.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: BigDave on Jul 06, 2006, 05:41 PM

watching that movie is like being on drugs...only without the drugs.

BigDave

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jul 06, 2006, 06:34 PM
Quote from: BigDave on Jul 06, 2006, 05:41 PM

watching that movie is like being on drugs...only without the drugs.

word.  i think it's harder to work out than mulholland drive.  do you?

just watched baise moi.  interesting to say the least.

defskull

I saw POTC: Dead Man's Chest tonight.

This movie is going to be huge. I had to buy my tickets 4 hours early because when I wanted to see the movie they were sold out until then.  It was a great movie.  It's the kind of summer movie that this summer is lacking.  What all summers should have.  Great humor, great special effects and amazing stunts.  For the first time in a long time the stunts of a hollywood movie really amazed me.  Maybe that's because everything is CGI these days.

Definitely worth the money to see it.

H.R.

King Kong

good movie

word was Peter Jackson and Adrian Gordy had a bit of a tiff, it appears (and im quoteing peter in entertainment weekly's may issue) that Adrian said he would no longer film for the money he was being paid unless peter gave him his desired brand of Kleennex BoxeS. Well thankfully all worked out.

BlitzkidMC

Im late, but the notebook...good movie

BigDave

i watched irreversible last night.  it didn't help that i was mashed.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: BigDave on Jul 11, 2006, 04:02 PM
i watched irreversible last night.  it didn't help that i was mashed.

it's like torture watching that movie.

Such a gritty, but at the same time beautiful, movie

Mazzy

i went to see Live and Become (or Va, vis et deviens) at my friend's house last night. it's the harrowing story of a young Ethiopian boy who is coerced by his mother into leaving their Sudanese refugee camp for Israel, under the false pretense of being a Falasha (an Ethiopian Jew). in Israel, Salomon is renamed the Hebrew Schlomo, and begins life as a 'Jew' as he is taken out of school and into a foster home. and so it goes from there, spanning the years from Schlomo's arrival in Israel, through his teenage years up until after his marriage. just so many issues in the one film. touching, and surprisingly funny in places. very much recommended. and stock up on the tissues!! Went for a brief drink after the movie at our favourite local bar. i've missed that place.

defskull

I saw Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang tonight.  Not what I was expecting and that's a bad thing.  It was kind of lame.  The whole narrating thing was just stupid.  It had that feeling like it was trying to be cool that way.  Val Kilmer, however, was just awesome in it.

lithium royalty

dude, did you just rent it?

i got it the other day, simply coz there was nothing else to rent.. i got it along with failure to launch and annapolis...

fuckin failure to launch was better than that horrid piece of shit kiss kiss bang bang was..

havent watched annapolis yet.

defskull

Yeah I rented it tonight.  Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang just tried too hard to be cool and failed. Great acting though.  val kilmer was hilarious.

lithium royalty

you shoulda got failure to launch.

deftonekid

I saw jackie brown, it was pretty good, that was the only movie i havent seen from tarantino. now i admire him more. i keep watching pulp fiction i cant get tired of it.

defskull

Quote from: lithium royalty on Jul 15, 2006, 04:17 AM
you shoulda got failure to launch.

Kiss Kiss wasn't that bad.

lithium royalty

hahaha

jackie brown is way too long, there is scenes that could of been cut.

BlitzkidMC

I saw pirates of the caribbean the other day....wierd....Im a ninja person lol

deftonekid

Quote from: lithium royalty on Jul 15, 2006, 05:16 AM
hahaha

jackie brown is way too long, there is scenes that could of been cut.
hmmm maybe, but i liked it a lot tho

Azwethinkweiz

I watched Silent Hill tonight.

this is why I hate CGI.

Anyways, what an awful movie. It is beyond me why anyone would enjoy this movie.

a complete waste of time.

defskull

Whoa. I thought the visual represenation was amazing.  Have you played the games? Being a fan of the games I was very happy with the visuals in that movie.  The story line was pretty bad but it was such a visually appealing movie.