Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChickdelaLynch

I saw The Crime of Padre Amaro last night. It was good, but I thought it would have been better. I don't know how, but that's what I thought.

I can see why the church got so angry with the film.

defskull

I saw Club Dread tonight.  It was really good.

defskull

I also saw The Aristocrats.  It really wasn't funny at all.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

defskull

Damn it my friends said the same thing. No the documentary.

pissedandpierced

Last night I watch 'The Seed of Chucky', there was nothing much on TV and I remembered when I first saw Chucky at my aunts when I was about 8 and I was fucking shitting it, it would have been so bad but my aunt had a 2 foot Chucky doll and my cousin put it in the room I was staying in and the film gave me nightmares enough with out waking to see the doll looking at me. Anyway, I thought I might have been in for a bit of a scare but I was really dissapointed in this film, it just seemed shit compared to 'Chucky' it may have been better if Hannah 'S Club 7' Sperrett wasn't in it. God I miss slasher gore horrors from the 80's.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

ChickdelaLynch

I saw A Scanner Darkly last night. More depressing than I thought it would be, but nonetheless good. It is one of those films you have to let sink into your system before you realize how good it actually is.

defskull

Kind of like Cool As Ice?

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw Pretty in Pink tonight. I think Sixteen Candles was better, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Teen movies need to be more like that. You know, actually good.

lithium royalty

shut your mouth hole and rent 'running scared'

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby today and I must say it was what I needed. I was between seeing that or The Night Listener, which is next on my list.

TheWatcher

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Jul 31, 2006, 05:30 AM
So I saw Pretty in Pink tonight. I think Sixteen Candles was better, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Teen movies need to be more like that. You know, actually good.

The Breakfast Club Over Sixteen Candles

defskull

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Aug 05, 2006, 12:03 AM
So I saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby today and I must say it was what I needed. I was between seeing that or The Night Listener, which is next on my list.

Yeah I liked it but I don't think it was as good as Anchorman.  That thing about Highlander though was hilarious

Teddy.

I went to see The Descent today and damn it scared me a few times. I know it's been out for a while but barely came to the US. I most definately recomend it because it's one of the few new "scary" movies that actually does it's job.

defskull

I want to see that very badly.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: defskull on Aug 05, 2006, 04:51 AM
Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Aug 05, 2006, 12:03 AM

Yeah I liked it but I don't think it was as good as Anchorman.  That thing about Highlander though was hilarious

I'm actually the opposite. This made me laugh more than Anchorman.

lithium royalty

running scared

go rent it

now

Breach Unborn

i'm going to see Tallegada Nights tonight..if it's good i'll probably make a thread about it, if not...meh

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw Clerks for the first time tonight, which makes me feel like a real bad movie fan now. I can't believe it took me so long for me to see it, but I'm glad I did. It was smart and funny and the dialogue was hypnotizing. This definitely makes a mark on my favorite movies of all time list. Probably the best film I have seen all summer.

I am a little disheartened that they made a Clerks 2.

Breach Unborn

^go see Clerks 2. you wont be disappointed at all