Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azwethinkweiz

yeah it's a weird movie.

i watched 'jacob's ladder' again tonight.

great, great, great. i recommend this to anyone.
fantastic psychological drama/(horror).

defskull

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Aug 16, 2006, 08:25 PM
Saw Garden State for the first time last week and I cried. A lot.

Because it sucks so much?

And Jacob's Ladder is so lame. It was all a dream.

ChickdelaLynch

I cried at the end, but I assumed it was just teenage hormones.

defskull

I didn't like the main character in that movie. I guess that doesn't really help.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: defskull on Aug 17, 2006, 05:24 AM

Because it sucks so much?

And Jacob's Ladder is so lame. It was all a dream.

it wasnt 'just' a dream(and thanks for spoiling this movie for the people who havent seen it). it was his battle between life and death. i cant believe you think its lame.

and garden state is a beautiful movie.

defskull

When I saw the trailer for Garden State I was more than excited to see it but whe I actually saw it I was extremely let down.  I wanted to like the movie but it wasn't good.

Azwethinkweiz

agree to disagree.

BlitzkidMC

Wedding Crashers
Pretty kew :D

jv_

haha with abortion being a huge topic lately in the wrong thread
i think they should check out "Three... Extremes"
preferably 'The Dumplings'
its coming out in theatres in the US around Halloween
but you can download it on the net

Azwethinkweiz

'three...extremes' is great!

Azwethinkweiz

just watched 'rushmore'.

haha, hilarious! bill murray is awesome!

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw four movies this weekend. I pretty much went on a well deserved binge and boy did it feel awesome.

The first movie I saw was Crush which was a light and good romantic comedy. I'm not the biggest fan of Andie McDowell but she did a good job in this role.

I then saw Shattered Glass which was the best of the bunch. The story was great and the performances were wonderful. Hayden Christensen really impressed me along with Peter Sarsgaard.

After that I saw Bend It Like Beckham which was awesome. Keira was ab fab, which is weird for me to think since I'm not too big on her. She's starting to grow on me now.

Last I saw Prime which sucked. Uma is such a good actress yet she picks such shitty roles.

Mazzy

Quote from: jv_ on Aug 18, 2006, 06:30 AM

i have heard about this. should i watch it or not? i usually like abortion movies, no matter how gross or wrongly misrepresented they are.

ChickdelaLynch

So I saw Little Miss Sunshine today and it exceded my expectations ten fold. Absolutely brilliant.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 16, 2006, 10:20 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Aug 16, 2006, 05:15 PM
Quote from: Chrisbo on Aug 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
Has anyone here seen the film "A Tale Of Two Sisters"? I would recommend it if you havent, one of the creepiest Asian horror films I've seen, and also one of the saddest.

yeah, that movie scared the sh*t out of me!

I still have one question about this film, but I'm not gonna ask it so as to not spoil the film for anyone who hasnt seen it.

I love this movie. Ask me the question and I'll PM you the answer. Some guy did a great analysis on the imdb boards, but I have to find it.

Sucks they are making a remake.

Quote from: Mazzy on Aug 22, 2006, 09:37 AM
Quote from: jv_ on Aug 18, 2006, 06:30 AM

i have heard about this. should i watch it or not? i usually like abortion movies, no matter how gross or wrongly misrepresented they are.

Watch it. The movie isn't just about abortion, but there is a reason why it must be done. So yeah, watch it.

Quote from: ChickdelaLynch on Aug 24, 2006, 05:28 AM
So I saw Little Miss Sunshine today and it exceded my expectations ten fold. Absolutely brilliant.

Saw it last night. I loved it. I was about to cry, but I held it back.

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

ChickdelaLynch

I felt like watering up a little bit at the end, but meh. Heartfelt ending, though.

ChickdelaLynch

I watched Mysterious Skin and Fargo last night, both good films. I think I expected more out of Fargo, but Frances McDormand always does a good job.

Azwethinkweiz

last movies i watched:

Laurel Canyon (good movie, a little slow at times but still enjoyable. with a cast like that, Christian Bale;Frances McDormand and Kate Beckinsale, it cant go wrong.)

High Tension (5th time i watch it and it still succeeds in making me uncomfortable)

Old School (after 40th time, still funny)

4th Eye

I watched Amores Perros...it was cool. Better than 21 Grams, imo.

Chrisbo

Watched Ichi The Killer last night for the first time, gees that film is wierd/sick. Just wondered what the opinion of those who have seen it on here is?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life