Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

one weak

Quote from: BigDave on Sep 04, 2006, 08:38 PM
i watched breathless last night.  i thought it was very good.
one of my faves

sickened

Just watched V for Vendetta and I feel like punching somebody 8) In other words, the movie was good and Hugo Weaving kicks ass!

ChickdelaLynch

I saw The Black Dahlia today and to be completely honest, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would have been creepier, but then again I wasn't too big on Scarface, either. I was impressed with Josh Hartnett's performance. He has a good narrorating voice and knows how to be suave and kick ass at the same time. I think the biggest problem I had was the acting in the film. It seemed very cheesy, but I just assumed that was what Brian was going for since it takes place in the 1940's. I must say that both Hilary Swank and Scarlett Johansson know how to pull of the old time look. I swear they were born in the wrong decade.

4th Eye

Latest movies I watched were The Hills Have Eyes, Hostel and Ice Age 2. THHE was ok, Hostel was rather boring and I've seen better and funnier animations. None of those was bad but didn't really impress me either.

Azwethinkweiz

watched the first 15 mins of Match Point. then turned it off.

this one was fucking boring.

ChickdelaLynch

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Sep 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
watched the first 15 mins of Match Point. then turned it off.

this one was fucking boring.

Let me tell you this movie is anything but boring. Beinnings of movies can be deceiving. Once you hit the 45 minute mark things get very interesting.

BigDave

i just watched mulholland drive again.  i THINK i've got it nailed.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: BigDave on Sep 19, 2006, 11:21 PM
i THINK i've got it nailed.

yup, i watched it again 2 days ago. i'm pretty sure i got it figured out!
this is how i see it: (MAJOR SPOILERS)
go here: http://www.sharinglungs.com/index.php/topic,8294.new.html#new

Chrisbo

Watched The Craft last night, it's been a while. Fairuza Balk pulls off the insane bitch character pretty well!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

one weak

some of you will be pleased to hear that on Oct. 6 in the states The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning will be out. personally, i think they need to stop touching horror films that defined the genre. (and stop trying to make sequels/prequels) they just fuck em up. BUT, i will see it anyway because, well, i have to.

Gnar Gnar Binks

Yo, anybody heard anything about Richard Kelly's new film, "Southland Tales." John Luvitz is in it and that's all i need to know really.

Mazzy

i watched The Crow last night with my brothers. there was bickering, fighting over the popcorn bowl, feet all up in my face and someone, one of them, drinking my orange and mango juice. i loved it. it's one of those movies you can quote over and over again.

i'm watching a Bernardo Bertolucci movie tonight with shoshanna. not sure which one. it's supposed to be a surprise. anything by him would be remarkable i suppose.

i need to watch some documentaries again. i've not watched one since three days ago about Bolivia's government. i'm interested in the Al Gore doco i keep hearing about.

Chrisbo

Quote from: Mazzy on Sep 22, 2006, 06:51 AM
i watched The Crow last night with my brothers. there was bickering, fighting over the popcorn bowl, feet all up in my face and someone, one of them, drinking my orange and mango juice. i loved it. it's one of those movies you can quote over and over again.

Yup, The Crow is one of my favourite films ever! It's just got such a great atmosphere all the way through!

I watched Shallow Grave last night, a great film! It's funny when you watch a film for the first time in ages, you notice people in it that you didnt know who the hell they were before.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Gnar Gnar Binks

Corleone

Goodfellas was on TV last night, I always enjoy that movie.

BigDave

i watched 2001: a space odyssey last night.  i'm not sure what to think of it.

tarkil

Quote from: BigDave on Sep 27, 2006, 04:21 PM
i watched 2001: a space odyssey last night.  i'm not sure what to think of it.

You should (must) watch it again...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

BigDave

i will don't worry, it's my dvd.  it's just that last 30 or so mins of the film were pretty intense and i basically had no clue what was going on.

tarkil

I suggest you read the book (and the sequels) from Arthur C. Clarke for a better understanding... Plus, you really should watch it several times.

First time I saw it, I hated it, second time, I was completely struck, and 3rd time, it became one of the best movies I've ever seen...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Azwethinkweiz

i watched '21 grams' yesterday.

pretty good.

damn, naomi watts is teh sex.