Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Saw Accepted in the theater a couple of days ago.  It was funnier than I thought it was going to be.

Jacob

I just watched King Kong.... to sum it up, I'll re-post what I posted on the IMDB boards:

"I love Lord of The Rings, no doubt about it. and I love Braindead and Bad Taste. so obviously I was a fan of Peter Jackson. before I saw this. I'm sorry, but this is such a bad excuse for a movie. *this* movie should've been named Braindead. because that's exactly what it is. ok, let's look at the basic story line.... no problems here, I like it. too bad he didn't write it. now let's look at the screenplay... ordinary, nothing special. except for the EXTREMELY annoying part where we're watching Kong swinging that girl around in his hand for about 20 mins. what the hell was the point of that?! I think we all caught the drift right away when we saw how big and mean he was. that scene just gave me a headache and made me dizzy. and that *beep* was repeated several times later on as if it would still impress us! and then we have the action scenes. wow, this is probaby the worst part of the movie... that gorilla should've been in WWF. those moves, man... too bad it looked friggin hilarious though. and waaay out of character for a *beep* GORILLA!!!

oh, there's so much more to say... but I'm feeling genuinely sick from thinking any more about this movie. I gotta go watch some pr0n to up my IQ a bit again. "
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

one weak

Juicy Fruit

Went to watch The Departed tonight. Too long, complicated and parts were genuinely boring. A few funny moments though, and the acting was ok. Except for that annoying accent they were all speaking with.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Jacob

dammit, they deleted my post on IMDB. fucking censorship.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Azwethinkweiz

i'm about to watch 'lucky number slevin'.

Azwethinkweiz

'lucky # slevin' was pretty good. it kept me guessing.

Chrisbo

I watched Creepshow 2 last night hehe, you know the one with 'The Raft' and that. God I've missed these films! Them, and Tales From The Crypt!

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

sickened

I watched Thank You for Smoking yesterday and I think it was good. Funny.

Azwethinkweiz

watched 'x-men 3: the last stand' tonight.

it was okay.

Uno

was it goood "good"?

with the heart of gold... to have and to hold.

Azwethinkweiz

no, i wouldnt say so. i was very dissapointed to be honest.

the first two x-men movies (directed by brian singer) are awesome, but this one is 'meh'.

they shouldnt have let bret rattner direct the third. it would have been a excellent trilogy if singer had directed X3.

one weak

yeah i saw it and thought it was terrible. but, i never loved the first two to begin with so i guess i had a bias going in.

Jerry_Curls

Im kind of tired of possessed by the devil movies [ala Emily Rose..BORING] because they don't look scary at all. They don't have the real feeling like The Exorcist did. Now here is a movie that actually looks kind of good. Requiem:
http://videos.ifcfilms.com/requiem/requiem_trailer_480x272.mov

[sorry for the horrible sentence structure]
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Teddy.

seanst

Just saw "employee of the month"... not as good as I'd hoped... you will be disappointed if you plan on him being like his stand up here.... There were some funny moments though and Jessica looked pretty hot throughout the film...but this film is better than what most critics are saying it to be and it is better than "Waiting" if you are a Dane Cook fan.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Oct 09, 2006, 04:00 AM
Im kind of tired of possessed by the devil movies [ala Emily Rose..BORING] because they don't look scary at all. They don't have the real feeling like The Exorcist did. Now here is a movie that actually looks kind of good. Requiem:
http://videos.ifcfilms.com/requiem/requiem_trailer_480x272.mov

[sorry for the horrible sentence structure]

yea that's based on the same story as 'the exorcism of emily rose'.

i really liked the emily rose movie actually.

Teddy.

Azwethinkweiz

Quote from: Teddy. on Oct 11, 2006, 03:19 PM
Grindhouse is so badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUuuBe4Glmk

omg, fucking awesome!!!! i've been waiting for the trailer.

this looks fucking insane. i can't wait.

oldgentlovecraft

That was the most awesome thing I've seen all year.  Oh, and Tom Savini is the fuckin' man!