Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzy

i just watched yet another movie with a happy ending in which a person of supposedly average appearance and no social life pines away in silent anguish for a ravishingly attractive and ultra hip love muffin who they believe to be out of their league but then through some zany twist of fate the two meet and after a series of misadventures and a large crisis the apparently mediocre hero learns that beauty comes from within a push-up bra and the gorgeous one realises that the beautiful people are all sluts and schemers and that the loser they've been doing their community service with is really their one true love and they kiss and the credits roll and everyone walks out of the cinema without bothering to read the names of the key grip or ms. whoever's assistant because the only people that matter are the two stars who are in fact ken and barbie and live together in real life in a pink mansion in malibu with their dalmation called sparkles and their collection of antique toasters and have the kind of life that the rest of us will never actually have because even if we take off our prescription glasses and realise that its whats inside that counts we will still be mediocre and the objects of our desires will never want us because even though they aren't even all that girlfriend the fact is that they think they are and therefore they are not going to one day wake up and realise that they are head over heels in lust with us because we have to ask ourselves is it really love we are after or just sex and if its the latter then we might as well just go to the corner shop and buy some exfoliating gloves and save ourselves the torment of thinking about what might be with someone who will never want us and even if they did would never live up to the expectation we have created that they will complete us and suddenly our lives will be perfect and our sad will be happy and our empty will be full and our loss will be gain and we will never be lonely again which means it is love that we want after all and thats no comfort at all so i think i should either stop typing or start using punctuation...

one weak

BigDave

i started downloading drawing restraint 9, after finding out that matthew barney is such a cunt that he doesn't allow any of his films to be released on dvd.

Jerry_Curls

Well, he views his films as art pieces that have to be seen when they are presented...like a piece of artwork [ie: painting, photographs] and if he sells DVDs then the value of the "piece" will go lower and therefore no longer a piece of art.

Umm..I kind of confused myself but hopefully you get the idea. And it really isn't a film that is entertaining to watch. I could imagine it would be way more boring at home compared to seeing it on the big screen.

It was a good piece of art, but not something i could watch repeatedly.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

BigDave

yea i read something like that, which i can appreciate, but there's no real way i can see the film without going to london, it's almost as if he wants his films restricted for an elitist audience.

yea, i'm not really expecting to be 'entertained' by the film, but i've been desperate to watch it for a while.

sickened

I saw Little Miss Sunshine the other day and it was funny  :D I liked a lot.

BigDave

i saw full metal jacket for the first time on saturday, the first 40-45 mins or so were pretty intense.

Jerry_Curls

The weird thing is that I can never ever remember what happens after the "Me so horny" part.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Inkblades

they finally go into the shit

ToneDef

And get fucking butchered.

BigDave

yea most of the film was pretty savage

hydroponic82

this is my rifle their are many like it but this on is MINE!

Ermy was genious in that movie also.

Azwethinkweiz

ermy rules in every role he's in!

hydroponic82

" only faggots and sailors are named Lawerence"

" you better shit me Tiffany cufflinks"

"mary jane rottencrotch"

" id let you fuck my sister"

White Pwny

Have you guys seen Grandma's Boy?   Fckin hilarious!   
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

hydroponic82

i want some of the 'deer shit' 

one weak

i went to go see "pusuit of happyness" on christmas day...sold out.

apparently "the queen" is supposed to be great. anyone seen it?

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: White Pwny on Dec 26, 2006, 06:33 PM
Have you guys seen Grandma's Boy?   Fckin hilarious!   

Eh...it had its moments, but it was totally a rental.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Mazzy

Quote from: one weak on Dec 27, 2006, 06:10 AM
i went to go see "pusuit of happyness" on christmas day...sold out.

apparently "the queen" is supposed to be great. anyone seen it?

i went to watch it the day it came out and i thought it was quite brilliant. helen mirren was the queen. you know how some characters, when they're playing very important roles, sort of slip out of character sometimes, well, she never slipped. she was remarkable. i think her portrayal of the queen goes into my top five favourite characters of all time. she has to be given an oscar for this role.

i am somewhat infatuated with princess diana so i had to watch it.

"i stand before you today the representative of a family in grief and a britain in mourning." this is how sad my life is, i have memorised everyone's speeches from princess diana's funeral...

TheWatcher

anyone seen the new rocky movie?

is it any good?