Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Quote from: fireflyry on Jul 14, 2007, 05:54 AM
Watched "A Scanner Darkly" last night (just came out for rental here).

Really quite amazing use of animation merged with film imo and it's a pity we don't see more Robert Downey Jr in films anymore, bit of a Sean Penn in that regard.Philip K. Dick does some pretty way out writing in it too although I still greatly prefer Blade Runner, for obvious reasons.

Smoke a bowl and watch this flick.

Uhuh, is a crazy film but great. A headfuck though.

I'm still waiting for the new cut of Blade Runner to be released. I got the 'Directors Cut' ages ago and I wanna watch it again, but I'm gonna hold out until the new edition and kain that fucker on my new plasma.. Oh yeahhhhh...

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: fireflyry on Jul 14, 2007, 05:54 AM
Watched "A Scanner Darkly" last night (just came out for rental here).

Smoke a bowl and watch this flick.
You got it *runs to the store*.

Mazzy

Quote from: defskull on Jul 13, 2007, 10:05 PM
You are the last two here I'd think would enjoy that movie.

i loved it. jon heder is hot in this movie.

theis

transformers is awesome.

slutproof

Yeah, I was actually surprised, thought I was going to hate it, never liked the cartoons in the first place.

Saw a 2001 Spanish movie also, Intacto. It was ... fresh.

Paint Your Lips

Finally got my shit together and saw the new James Bond movie. It was quite cool. I really liked the fact that there were no "clever / funny" lines before he killed someone. And a minimum of gadgets.

Good shit for a Bond movie. Rating: 4 out of 6 Lips

oldgentlovecraft

I loved the opening chase scene, when I was in the theater I wanted to rewind it and watch it all over again.

Paint Your Lips

You mean the Black and White? Or the chase?

ToneDef

It's an excellent movie. I was so fucking blown away when the credits started rolling.

theis

damn, i hated this movie.

defskull

I saw The Fountain about a week ago. It was really good.  Really good in that 2001: A Space Odyssey way.  It is pretty deep.

theis

^ Those are some big words to throw around man, haha :D Considering 2001 is one of the most perfect movies ever.

I haven't seen The Fountain, but i'm REALLY looking forward to it. Looks great and Aronofsky never dissapoints.

defskull

It's a movie that really makes you think.  20001 really made me think so that's where the comparison comes from.

Paint Your Lips

Saw Tony Scott's "Domino" last night. The story wasn't that good, but the visual aspects of this movie was beyond anything i've seen ! It looks so awesome, like you were drugged through the film. It was beautiful. And the way they rewinded to story and altered it was perfect !

4 out of 6 Lips

defskull

Finally someone else here llikes that film.  Tony Scott did a fine job directing it.

oldgentlovecraft

Started a zombie movie marathon, took them all out of my collection and counted 38.  Gonna take a few weeks...

theis

nice, george romero and lucio fulci flicks are a must. :D

ToneDef

Die Hard 4.0 - pwn
Crank - pwn
Alive - chomp

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: theis on Jul 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
nice, george romero and lucio fulci flicks are a must. :D
But of course!