Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

theis

defskull

Unfortunately that trailer just made me want to watch that movie.  A lot more Joker than Batman in the trailer though.  But I am already going say that Ledger deserves a damn oscar nom for his portrayal.  I'm so used to him being subdued with an American accent similar to a Southern accent, but you can't even tell it's him really.

Summer 2008 needs to come sooner.

But yeah the "vampires" were bad looking in I Am Legend. 

thesongyousang

Quote from: goldpony on Nov 29, 2007, 09:38 PM
like how poison still tours but their shows arent nearly as good as those 20 years ago

Are You Gay? or really old?
and i really like shia lebouf

edit:    nm sounds like your'e both. :)

Im waiting for the new Harold & Kumar.
Ill spend 6 bucks on that I guess.

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

theis

lolz @ quoting old stuff.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: defskull on Dec 16, 2007, 11:25 PM
Unfortunately that trailer just made me want to watch that movie.  A lot more Joker than Batman in the trailer though.  But I am already going say that Ledger deserves a damn oscar nom for his portrayal.  I'm so used to him being subdued with an American accent similar to a Southern accent, but you can't even tell it's him really.

Summer 2008 needs to come sooner.

But yeah the "vampires" were bad looking in I Am Legend. 

The book wasn't so hopeful either.  The "I Am Legend" bit is because the survivor was feared by the vampires because of his immunity, the reverse of what originally happened where humans were afraid of the infected.  Also the vamps were intelligent and evolved to where they could survive in the daytime, and the protagonist systematically slayed them during the day and hid at night, when they would come to his house and call his name and taunt him.  That's why it was a bit of a disappointment.  And they could've done a whole hell of a lot better with the creatures for sure.

Mikey

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 16, 2007, 10:25 PM
Saw I Am Legend, wasn't too bad but didn't have the feel of the book or even the earlier versions.  Will Smith did better than  I thought he would .  CGI was embarrassing though.

damn, it looked like a video game. a shitty one at that. they should have used real elements. smith gave a hell of a performance, though. i wont buy it when it comes out on dvd, but a had a good time at the movies.

goldpony

Quote from: thesongyousang on Dec 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
like how poison still tours but their shows arent nearly as good as those 20 years ago

Are You Gay? or really old?
and i really like shia lebouf

edit:    nm sounds like your'e both. :)

Im waiting for the new Harold & Kumar.
Ill spend 6 bucks on that I guess.

first off, i am older than most people on ths board and while im not a poison fan, their live show rawks...or it once did. as for the shia thing, i would totally do him the butt ;D speaking of which, is there a more homoerotic movie than harold and kumar?
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

thesongyousang

LOL , No my freind there is not!
:)

"The Nigger that crime follows, Im hitting fine models
and stabbing punks with broken wine bottles..
I beat chumps til their head splits
then break'em like breadsticks
I sex chicks
I'll even fuck a dead bitch..."

goldpony

watched Hot Rod last night. fuck the haters, that shit was hilarious
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defskull

Quote from: goldpony on Dec 29, 2007, 10:43 PM
watched Hot Rod last night. fuck the haters, that shit was hilarious

I really liked that movie.

Two really good movies I saw recently:

Sweeney Todd and Juno.

I was very impressed with both.  And those who don't like musicals, I still recommend Sweeney Todd.  It takes a song or two to get used to, but it's worth it.

theis

how awesome is Juno?

i really wanna see it.

defskull

How awesome is it? I plan on seeing it again very soon.

If you enjoyed Thank You For Smoking (Jason Reitman's last movie, then you will like this.

goldpony

watched mr beans holiday. i havent laughed so hard in ages. im not going to compare rowan atikson to masters such as chaplin and keaton but his physical comedy is amazing
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

defskull

juno was just as good the second time.

theis

just watched knocked up for the third time...still amazingly awesome.

i watched the extended dvd release and the added scenes are awesome. the bonus features are hilarious too.

perfect comedy.

13hourstoparadise

I want to see Juno, looks great.

I saw 'A Scanner Darkly' - holy shit Woody H. is so fucking funny, worth a watch!

Nailec

i recently saw two of woody allens films (Annie Hall, Anything Else) and i was pretty amazed coz the dialogues were pretty amazing plus i am interested a lot inf psychoanalysis (which doesnt mean i can agree with it) so any suggestions which movies i could watch next?

goldpony

Quote from: Nailec on Jan 04, 2008, 08:38 PM
i recently saw two of woody allens films (Annie Hall, Anything Else) and i was pretty amazed coz the dialogues were pretty amazing plus i am interested a lot inf psychoanalysis (which doesnt mean i can agree with it) so any suggestions which movies i could watch next?

bananas is pretty funny and match point has its moments. i really liked his performance in antz too. just be careful tho, there are many stinkers in the filmography of woody allen.
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Crazylegs

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 02, 2008, 09:50 PM
just watched knocked up for the third time...still amazingly awesome.

i watched the extended dvd release and the added scenes are awesome. the bonus features are hilarious too.

perfect comedy.

What's the deal with watching movies so many times in such a short period.