Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

thats n00b to you mister :D
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 16, 2008, 11:52 PM
Quote from: goldpony on Nov 29, 2007, 07:41 PM
heres a loop of the cloverfield monster

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?t=134183

and some concept art

http://canmag.com/images/front/movies2008/cloverfieldmonster.jpg
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Jan 16, 2008, 11:08 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 16, 2008, 08:28 PM
Almost time for Cloverfield!!!

I think it's Godzilla, what about everyone else?

didnt anyone see this post?

That concept art is incorrect; it's for something else but can't remember what.  And it's not Godzilla, Abrams already said he wanted an original monster and I've read a few reviews from early screenings and they said it was different and a bit hard to explain.  That old hype's been wore out along with Cthulhu (sadly my man Lovecraft can't catch a break) and (thankfully not) Voltron.

theis

this is the cloverfield monster:

Atomic

My gag reflex is as absent as my Father~

Shaye

Seems like some sort of weird alien sea creature. Reminds me of swamp thing, I don't know why.

I want to see this movie really bad, but I just have this feeling it's going to be disappointing. I would hope that with the marketing they've done, that the movie lives up to the hype - but then again, how often does that happen?

goldpony

read the advance cloverfield review on ew.com today. gave it a b+ for what its worth. It made it seem this movie is going to be quite different from what you might expect
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
read the advance cloverfield review on ew.com today. gave it a b+ for what its worth. It made it seem this movie is going to be quite different from what you might expect

I just might need to see it the thearter then...

Like Transformers, I thought it wouldn't be that cool, turned out pretty bad ass, and the chick in that movie is just smoking hot!

oldgentlovecraft

Lol what's up with the Transformer fans?  I was embarrassed I even went to it

goldpony

i liked it, it was unintentionally hilarious and tuturro was awesome hamming it up
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

I'd agree with that but I don't understand the people that thought it was this awesome film.  It was like a really cheesy Disney flick with a lot of explosions and horrible dialogue. 

goldpony

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 17, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'd agree with that but I don't understand the people that thought it was this awesome film.  It was like a really cheesy Disney flick with a lot of explosions and horrible dialogue. 

i went in with this expectation, so i got my moneys worth. of course if it has fire and blowing stuff up i'm happy. who needs plot or acting
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 17, 2008, 10:15 PM

i went in with this expectation, so i got my moneys worth. of course if it has fire and blowing stuff up i'm happy. who needs plot or acting

lol

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: goldpony on Jan 17, 2008, 10:15 PM

Agreed...

Mikey

i saw Raging Bull in theaters last night.

So fucking good!!!!

theis

Quote from: mhrodrig on Jan 19, 2008, 06:54 PM

So fucking good!!!!

that's amazing. lucky you.

Mikey

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 20, 2008, 12:41 AM

So fucking good!!!!

yeah, its great that there are a couple of theaters here in houston,tx  that show older movies on the weekends.
i've only seen the movie on VHS and DVD, so i  am lucky that i got to see it on the big screen.  just two weeks ago, i got the chance to catch Taxi Driver at the same theater. the theater was doing a De Niro retrospective.

goldpony

taxi driver on the big screen was awesome. i had the pleasure a few years ago
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

deftonekid

Quote from: mhrodrig on Jan 20, 2008, 01:30 AM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jan 20, 2008, 12:41 AM

So fucking good!!!!

yeah, its great that there are a couple of theaters here in houston,tx  that show older movies on the weekends.
i've only seen the movie on VHS and DVD, so i  am lucky that i got to see it on the big screen.  just two weeks ago, i got the chance to catch Taxi Driver at the same theater. the theater was doing a De Niro retrospective.

cool bro, enjoy it lucky bastid. I had the chance to watched "The Killing" by Kubrick on big screen the other day, simply amazing.

So i finally watched "I am Legend" i think its cool, i liked the Will Smith performance, nice fxs and cool story. Also I watched "Saw 4", I was expecting some other shit like on the first one, but it was ok tho.

13hourstoparadise

Watched about 10 minutes of Good Luck Chuck last night. Turned it off. Fucking stupid shit. His fat friend who is a sick pervert should die... Well, his character at least. I hate those types of people. God damn Alba is perfection.

White Pwny

Hubby and I watched Team America ~ World Police last night.   Pretty dumb movie...... altho.... The pr0n scene cracked me up... srsly.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...