Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

13hourstoparadise

America, fuck yeah! Kiss my ass and suck on my balls.

samson simpson

I saw some movie today about a bunch of emos in a mental hospital with Don Chedale as their counsler. I was losing interest in it but i was high so just left it on and next thing I know "HeadUp" came on and they started kicking walls and breaking shit.

I dont think Ive ever heard a deftones song (besides Change) on a movie. They played the whole duration of the song too. Think it was called  "maniac".
It was a trip.

Mikey

Quote from: samson simpson on Feb 03, 2008, 03:16 AM
I saw some movie today about a bunch of emos in a mental hospital with Don Chedale as their counsler. I was losing interest in it but i was high so just left it on and next thing I know "HeadUp" came on and they started kicking walls and breaking shit.

I dont think Ive ever heard a deftones song (besides Change) on a movie. They played the whole duration of the song too. Think it was called  "maniac".
It was a trip.
i think the movie is called Manic. was it any good?

samson simpson

it was alright man.
"same ol ..same ol" type story.... shit, even the scene with Headup was pretty lame.......
but it was cool cause i didnt expect any movie to ever play the whole song  (any deftones song for that matter) in its entirety during a sequence.

edit:  and yea, it is "Manic".
good looking MHIDZRIG

tarkil

Quote from: White Pwny on Feb 02, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hubby and I watched Team America ~ World Police last night.   Pretty dumb movie...... altho.... The pr0n scene cracked me up... srsly.

That movie is awesome... I so laugh wmy ass off when watching it... I think it's pretty fine and clever actually.

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

White Pwny

Quote from: tarkil on Feb 03, 2008, 05:58 PM
Quote from: White Pwny on Feb 02, 2008, 04:00 PM
Hubby and I watched Team America ~ World Police last night.   Pretty dumb movie...... altho.... The pr0n scene cracked me up... srsly.

That movie is awesome... I so laugh wmy ass off when watching it... I think it's pretty fine and clever actually.

Durka Durka!!!     ;D

This is sooo funny
[youtube=425,350]4PlpxDa6C44[/youtube]
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

tarkil

Ha ha indeed...

When I partied with the Tones after 2006 London show, Abe and some roadies were repeating that "Durka Durka" thing all the time... That was so funny.
Plus they had "acces cards" (the backstages passes, or whatever the name is in english) with pictures from Team America movie... Really really funny !

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Nailec

whats the difference between the words "film" and "movie" ?

13hourstoparadise

Film is the reel that is used to project the images, as to a movie is the audio and imargry as a whole...  :(

theis

I've watched some great movies within the last week.

The Lookout
Capote
Sicko
Boogie Nights

All thumbs up!

13hourstoparadise

The Lookout was aight...

Need to see the rest.

Mikey

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 12, 2008, 09:12 PM
I've watched some great movies within the last week.

The Lookout
Capote
Sicko
Boogie Nights

All thumbs up!
i loved the lookout and boogie nights!!

capote.....eh

i need to see sicko.

Nailec

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 12, 2008, 07:28 PM
Film is the reel that is used to project the images, as to a movie is the audio and imargry as a whole...  :(

strange that there are two word for it in englisch.

in german we just know "film".

whatever :D

13hourstoparadise

The english language is fucked up...

Mikey

Quote from: Nailec on Feb 13, 2008, 01:41 AM
Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 12, 2008, 07:28 PM

strange that there are two word for it in englisch.

in german we just know "film".

whatever :D

well, i think the two terms are interchangeable.
"movie" was probably a slang term from back in the day for "moving pictures",just like how the first films with spoken dialog were called "talkies"
film does sound classier, right?  ;)

btw there is also "flick" to consider. And my mom still calls them "the picture shows"  :)

occipudding

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 13, 2008, 01:46 AM
The english language is fucked up...

that's why i speak american
machete!  meow

13hourstoparadise

Fireal1222

im not a big fan of movies released anymore.. the old movies are the classics. the movies from the 70s and previous

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

White Pwny

hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

TheWatcher

is american gangster on dvd yet?