Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaye

His Mother not choosing to leave was her own decision upon herself, but all that accomplished was selfishness. Her actions affected everyone around her negatively, especially her children. Same thing with the Father.

I do see your point, but these items weren't necessarily what I used to judge the main character. Let's take the family situation out of the picture. Chris ( I believe was his name or "Alexander Supertramp"), on his own did something that I think has escaped most human beings for  centuries. He found his own happiness by being in Nature. This is something that most humans separate themselves from or think they are "above".

I just think something could be learned from that aspect of the movie. Everyone's situations are different but to learn to go back to what we all come from and maybe search out your purpose on this Earth, without money, material things, and all the drama that comes with other human relationships (all of which are mostly unnecessary, is an accomplishment to me.

Agree to disagree I guess.

wither-I

the last thing i will say on this matter;

is this.... he sought to conquer the wilderness/ nature before he learned to conquer himself. this figuring as i have stated before, "his moment of "lucidity" (his being solitude in forgiveness) was only achieved at his moment of death. the moment when he is assured he will never have to "live" with his woes and worries in "life". Spiritual persons (monks and what have you...) living across the globe achieve "lucidity" (among many aspects, beyond forgiveness of others [accomplices to their strife]) in life DAILY. and most notably without dying in the process or creating further suffering. they forgive those who have done them wrong and their people and "live" WITH it. [TRUE HEROISM] need i remmind anyone that these people "endure" profoundly greater misfortunes and straight up tragedy than US (yes me too) here in America (candyland). these people are experiencing excessive and incessant torture, war, poverty, starvation, genocide and other travesties inherent to any given region. and they fucking soldier on and create not only substantial but TRUE PEACE "within".

and that is what i mean behind the whole "daddy beats mom up" thing being sappy and worn out.

again not directed at you. i think your wonderful and full of good passion and intent.

bless us all. peace.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lithium

Quote from: Shaye on Apr 18, 2008, 06:46 AM

But did your Daddy ever yell at your Mommy or better yet, beat the living shit out of her when you were a child???

Please, don't think of it as "sappy" and "worn out". It happens everyday to more people than you care to imagine. Like I said, I'm not attacking you but that's the way it is. I've been through it. I can remember waking up hearing my mother screaming while she was getting bones broken by my alcoholic step-father. I remember the cops showing up...I remember it all. To someone that happens to, it's not sappy or worn out. I'm not saying anyone who hasn't been through it, should just "know" what I mean, but it's damaging. I have a problem watching any sort of extreme violence because of it.

why dont you wander off into alaska's wilderness and cry about it?! LOLZ
💩

theis

V for Vendetta.

I just watched this for the first time and HOLY SHIT.

This movie just blew me away...absolutely amazing. I can't believe I haven't watched it before now.

10/10!

deftonekid

I dunno if it gets 10/10 but for sure its a good movie.

Just watched "Fallen Angels", it's cool to watch.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 19, 2008, 08:32 PM
V for Vendetta.

I just watched this for the first time and HOLY SHIT.

This movie just blew me away...absolutely amazing. I can't believe I haven't watched it before now.

10/10!

a very underrated, underappreciated movie...i loved it a lot as well. that ending was amazing.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Shaye

Quote from: lithium on Apr 19, 2008, 08:16 PM
Quote from: Shaye on Apr 18, 2008, 06:46 AM

But did your Daddy ever yell at your Mommy or better yet, beat the living shit out of her when you were a child???

Please, don't think of it as "sappy" and "worn out". It happens everyday to more people than you care to imagine. Like I said, I'm not attacking you but that's the way it is. I've been through it. I can remember waking up hearing my mother screaming while she was getting bones broken by my alcoholic step-father. I remember the cops showing up...I remember it all. To someone that happens to, it's not sappy or worn out. I'm not saying anyone who hasn't been through it, should just "know" what I mean, but it's damaging. I have a problem watching any sort of extreme violence because of it.

why dont you wander off into alaska's wilderness and cry about it?! LOLZ

Gosh, that was necessary...

shine down unshy

If there's people that connect with this movie, that's awesome.  That's your thing. But there's people like me who had a good upbringing and the farthest my dad ever got to hitting my mom was throwing a recliner in her general direction.  They're split up now, but my dad is still in my life and I'm grateful for that.  Anyway, I watched this movie (Into The Wild) and it just couldn't keep my attention.  I did like the ending though, very touching.

Shaye

Ok so on to "Forgetting Sarah Marshall".

Anyone see this yet? I went and saw it this past weekend and loved every second of it. It was consistently funny throughout the whole movie. I definitely recommend it.

theis

Forgetting Sarah Marshall looks sooo fucking hilarious.

Can't wait to see it.

All hail the Apatow Clan.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 29, 2008, 07:50 AM

Can't wait to see it.

seriously. havent seen this  or Drillbit Taylor yet, but everything he's, like EVER done has been good. at least since freaks and geeks/cable guy era.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 29, 2008, 02:33 PM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 29, 2008, 07:50 AM

Can't wait to see it.

seriously. havent seen this  or Drillbit Taylor yet, but everything he's, like EVER, has been good. at least since freaks and geeks/cable guy era.

Damn straight.

Knocked Up is in my top 5 favorite comedies ever.

devilinside

*SPOILERS*

I watched The Mist......It was a little ok,but the end is what blew it for me. My fucking god it was horrible. If he had waited 5 fucking minutes everything would have been fine. Yeah it's Ironic,but goddamn,showing him kill his son?!? Yeah I get the whole "not wanting him to suffer" shit,but me being a parent,I could never ever kill my child. I would rather hold my child as tight as I could and us both die together over seeing my child look at me and knowing the last thing they saw was me pointing a gun to their head. Fuck That. This movie has put me in the worst mood ever.

theis

Hehe looks like the movie did what it was supposed to.

Yes, the ending was bleak as fuck, but that's what I loved about it. Not going for the Hollywood happy ending.

It had balls, unlike many other horror movies.

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Apr 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
Hehe looks like the movie did what it was supposed to.

Yes, the ending was bleak as fuck, but that's what I loved about it. Not going for the Hollywood happy ending.

It had balls, unlike many other horror movies.
totally agree. good character study.

like lord of the flies in horror.

bout time somebody touched up on this.

bless.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

just saw iron man. twas incredible.
when you guys see it, be sure to stay after the credits for a special extra awesome scene
DERP

Fireal1222

earlier tonight i saw reno 911 the movie.. it was absolutely terrible. i actually napped during the movie.. it was so bad that i was offended by how bad it was..i actually feel inspired. like if that movie can make it.. i can easily just film myself scrambling eggs or something and hit the big time in the cinemas.. a movie that is just 2 hours of me cooking breakfast. itll be called " by the time its done. itll be lunch " coming to a theatre near you

but yeah dont ever. ever watch the reno 911 movie.. unless you need to take a nap. cause i must admit. it did get me nice and sleepy and cozy.. maybe thats what the movie was meant for.. not humor and laughs. but to help people get rest who have trouble sleeping.. thank you reno 911 the movie. i was wrong about you.thank you for helping millions of people get much needed sleep and rest

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

saw it. sadly i paid to see it in theatres. and yeah i was highly disappointed.
DERP

devilinside

That sucks,cause the show totally makes me giggle.

theis

Saw Iron Man today and I had a blast.

Robert Downey Jr. and Jeff Bridges FTW!