Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldgentlovecraft

Watched 3 Extremes last night for the Hell of it.  Forgot how much I enjoyed them.

theis

watched Lost Highway again yesterday. it's a brilliant movie, but i still don't get it, haha. love Lynch.

4th Eye

Watched Funny Games yesterday. I don't really know what to say...sometimes I didn't like it at all but sometimes it was ingenious. Disturbing, nevertheless.

lostpilot

watched Dr. Strangelove today, nice movie.

lithium

watched tropic thunder this past weekend. funny movie.
💩

TheWatcher

what you would you rate "we own the night" from 1 to 10

and why

downtownpony

saw tropic thunder yesterday, it's theater worthy. Zohan is still the funniest this year.

lostpilot

saw The Cube 1969's edition last night.
nice movie, thoughtful.

oldgentlovecraft

Just watched Doomsday and it was fun as Hell.  Homage to Mad Max, zombie films, Escape from New York/LA, etc.  Lots of blood and guts and action.

Penicks

Saw The Dark Knight

Batman's voice. It's like he had a cock in his throat 24/7. Also fell asleep during the movie. But that's because I was too tired. I think.

bright lights, big city

why is it now cool to bash the dark knight? get over it, even if you hate comic books, heath ledger, maggie gyllenhaal's face, or bale's voice, it is still a very good movie.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Variable

Quote from: TheWatcher on Aug 20, 2008, 11:13 PM

and why
Its an ok movie.  I don't know about a 1-10.  Its been too long since I watched it.  But I don't know.  Mark wasn't as strong of an actor as he usually is.  That was kind of disappointing.  And Phoenix is kind of bla to me.  I don't know, he just doesn't do it for me ( except in the village) Plus I don't think they did a very good job of portraying a police department.  It was just an ok movie.  The opening scene was amazing though.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Variable on Aug 23, 2008, 03:14 PM
Quote from: TheWatcher on Aug 20, 2008, 11:13 PM

and why
Its an ok movie.  I don't know about a 1-10.  Its been too long since I watched it.  But I don't know.  Mark wasn't as strong of an actor as he usually is.  That was kind of disappointing.  And Phoenix is kind of bla to me.  I don't know, he just doesn't do it for me ( except in the village) Plus I don't think they did a very good job of portraying a police department.  It was just an ok movie.  The opening scene was amazing though.
agreed, agreed, agreed....what do you think about Mark Wahlberg's Max Payne movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JboQmDIdKWs
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Penicks

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 23, 2008, 02:57 PM
why is it now cool to bash the dark knight? get over it, even if you hate comic books, heath ledger, maggie gyllenhaal's face, or bale's voice, it is still a very good movie.

Shut up, I'm not bashing it to look cool. I just expected way from it because it received global praise. The characters weren't as deep as I thought they were gonna be, story was way too chaotic for its own right and the Joker was not in there enough. Quite frankly, I thought it was boring.

White Pwny

I liked We Own The Night... the beginning scene was just meh.   You didn't see anything but nipple.  Big deal.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devilinside

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 23, 2008, 12:08 PM

Batman's voice. It's like he had a cock in his throat 24/7.

*snarf*

bright lights, big city

Quote from: White Pwny on Aug 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
I liked We Own The Night... the beginning scene was just meh.   You didn't see anything but nipple.  Big deal.
hey that was glorious
DERP

4th Eye

Watched:

The Devil Wears Prada - Even though Meryl Streep's performance was good, the movie itself was boring and predictable. Some fun parts here and there but it just wasn't for me I guess. 6/10

Final Destination - Entertaining teen horror flick. Interesting idea but realization lacked something and the movie remained just mediocre. 7/10

Transamerica - Felicity Huffman deserved the awards and nominations she got. The movie was funny at times and reminded me of Sideways, which I liked, but this one just wasn't as good. 7/10

theis

just watched The Lords of Dogtown.

enjoyable flick.

lostpilot

Watched The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) tonight.
impressionist.. it was interesting to watch it while stoned.