Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corleone

watched step brothers... prob a 7.5/10... i'd watch it again

downtownpony

Just saw Mirrors with jack bauer. It wasnt to bad. Id wait for dvd if I had another chance.

emotivelotion

just saw this one, imo a whole waste of time, weak ending, a mix of cloverfield and blairwitch jaja

REC

[youtube=425,350]OeaUokzE9fI[/youtube]

theis

i completely agree with you. i was so fucking disappointed.

and yes, the ending suuuuucked.

unoriginal and full of clichés.

emotivelotion

yeah far from have to wait ages for stuff in mx... meh

only rule wednesday of 2x1 haha
also saw Wanted, what you think about it? i liked it even when it turns so predictable at times

theis

haven't seen Wanted. wating for it to hit the shelves.

it looks like something i'd hate. but i'll give it a chance.

emotivelotion

the music was quite ok, so wait for the ninja movies' opinion

lostpilot

watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for the second time tonight.
nice, decent movie

bright lights, big city

Wanted wasnt too bad in my opinion, likely because it's a Chicago movie and has Jolie in it...

i haven't seen that REC movie yet...BUT i do know it is being remade in October for American theatres....so it likely will be even shittier.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

just saw the happening. very intense film that prayed on my fear of terrorism.
💩

devilinside

lithium

that kitteh is tineh
💩

emotivelotion

it was ok, even when the ecological premise was more able to exploit, i liked the dramatic translation they gave it in spanish "el fin de los tiempos" lawl, i dont think it was that intense, it was funny how the shallow student and the hippie guy had much better the idea than the teacher, the best part is that nature doesn't differentiates between good or bad people errbody has to pay muahahaha

TheWatcher

Quote from: White Pwny on Aug 25, 2008, 12:45 AM
I liked We Own The Night... the beginning scene was just meh.   You didn't see anything but nipple.  Big deal.

i dont even think they show any nipple

Battle-Axe

Quote from: emotivelotion on Aug 28, 2008, 07:01 PM
just saw this one, imo a whole waste of time, weak ending, a mix of cloverfield and blairwitch jaja

REC

[youtube=425,350]OeaUokzE9fI[/youtube]

Watched this a while ago and I actually really enjoyed it. I didn't like the ending but that was before I found out they're actually doing a sequel called [REC] 2. There's a shot-for-shot remake coming out in October I think called Quarantine which I'll go and watch but it probably won't be as good.

Recenctly I've seen:

Zohan - not as good as I thought it would be
Get Smart - AWESOME ;D
The Strangers - pretty terrible :/

Going to see Step Brothers tonight though my dad just got it on DVD, and I'm reeeally looking forward to watching Shane Meadows' new film Somer's Town :]

theis

watched some flicks last night:

be kind rewind (what an absolute disappointment! you'd think it's funny to see jack black and mos def reinvent scenes from ghostbusters, boyz n the hood, robocop, etc. but it's not... it's really not. just a boring mess of a movie. i can't believe this was made by michel gondry "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind")

walk hard: the dewey cox story (pretty damn funny! a little weak compared to other Apatow movies, but still worth watching. the Beatles scene had me in stitches. that was hilarious.)

halloween '07 ( i hated it the first time i watched it, but i somewhat enjoyed it this time around)

ben

In the past few nights:

Dune- B
Vicky Cristina Barcelona- A
Ghost in the Shell- A

I also watched all 3 LOTR films for the first time in their extended-cuts...it really makes it seem like one huge film.  I was high throughout and it was an awesome full day....got a projector and watched all of it on a huge wall with my buddies.

Shaye

I've recently watched:

Step Brothers - IMO, absolutely hysterical. I saw it in theaters twice. Classic Will Ferrell and John C. Riley performances.

Pineapple Express - Funny as hell. Went on a little longer than it should have. The ending seems to get dragged out a bit. Made me want to
                                               take up smoking pot full time.  "THUG LIFE".

Hamlet 2 - I really thought this movie had potential. Don't get me wrong, there are a few shining moments, particularly the
                             "Rock Me Sex Jesus"play. But there were repeated times throughout the movie where it seemed like I had to ask myself
                              whether that scene was supposed to be funny, because well...I wasn't laughing but thought that I should be. If you're gonna
                              see this, I recommend waiting until you can rent it and if not, then I would say you're not missing much.

downtownpony

anyone know if Bangcock dangerous is any good?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 05, 2008, 01:00 AM
anyone know if Bangcock dangerous is any good?
all signs point to 'no'
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?