Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

awesome! i really can't wait for Role Models
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Watched Igby Goes Down yesterday. Nothing too special or unexpected, mediocre movie.

And the night before I watched Alice (1988), a Czech surrealist fantasy film by Jan Švankmajer. Very trippy, it's a story of Alice showed in kind of fucked up way.

oldgentlovecraft

Just watched Machine Girl.  Fuckin' ridiculously violent and funny.  Loved it.

defskull

I thought Machine Girl went on a little long.  I don't know, maybe I was tired the night I watched it but I got kind of bored after awhile.  Some pretty ridiculous shit though.

oldgentlovecraft

I love those kind of movies.  The opening seen with her blowing holes in gang members' faces was hilarious.

mr.sinister

Anyone catch Body of Lies? Looks good.

theis

im gonna see it tomorrow. looks great.

bright lights, big city

umm, i don't mean to alarm you guys, but Quarantine is getting good reviews.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

watched Quarantine today. i liked it a little more than Rec, but still a hugely mediocre flick with a few cool scares.

also watched Body of Lies.

Hmm, no doubt that this was good movie making, but i was still disappointed. i can't really point anything bad out...the acting was strong, the actions scenes were amazing (like practially every Ridley Scott movie), but the plot was somewhat contrived and the ending left me wanting more.

very good movie, but not up there with Ridley's other masterpieces

defskull

Yeah I'm not too interested in Body of Lies.  Just looks..generic.  I know it's got big names and Ridley Scott but it looks like it has no distinguishable story. 

theis

just got back from RocknRolla.

great flick. typical Guy Ritche, but lots of fun.

Variable

Sweet. Thats all I wanted to hear "typical Guy Ritchie" Thats all I want from him.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Oct 12, 2008, 07:24 AM
just got back from RocknRolla.

great flick. typical Guy Ritche, but lots of fun.
dude it's awesome how now that you're in the u.s. you see EVERYTHING. i love it.
DERP

Variable

So I don't know if any of you have been talking about this movie before.  But I just got done watching This is England.  Holy shit.  The last 20 min of that movie were bone chilling.  Really good movie

ToneDef

Quote from: Variable on Oct 14, 2008, 06:47 AM
So I don't know if any of you have been talking about this movie before.  But I just got done watching This is England.  Holy shit.  The last 20 min of that movie were bone chilling.  Really good movie

Yeah, it is good.

It's supposed to represent the 80's over here, but to be honest it's still like that in many ways, just a different era.

bright lights, big city

oh man now i gotta watch that movie. it looked really good when i previews of it about a year ago, i just completely forgot about it.
DERP

Variable

Quote from: ToneDef on Oct 14, 2008, 01:25 PM

Yeah, it is good.

It's supposed to represent the 80's over here, but to be honest it's still like that in many ways, just a different era.
I liked it.  I mean, I could see a lot of America in the movie too.  Seeing as how our cultures are really not so different.  And we totally copied your punk movement.  But even the hate and anger.  It was all too familiar.
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
oh man now i gotta watch that movie. it looked really good when i previews of it about a year ago, i just completely forgot about it.
I think its worth it

lostpilot

yes, This is England is a very nice movie.

ToneDef

Quote from: Variable on Oct 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
Quote from: ToneDef on Oct 14, 2008, 01:25 PM

Yeah, it is good.

I liked it.  I mean, I could see a lot of America in the movie too.  Seeing as how our cultures are really not so different.  And we totally copied your punk movement.  But even the hate and anger.  It was all too familiar.
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 15, 2008, 04:07 AM
I think its worth it

Yeah man, definitely. I have it on DVD and may watch it again tonight. I have so many but when it comes to watching any i can't decide for a few mins and then i just turn the xbox on or some shit instead.

lostpilot

watched Good Time Max today.
quite nice movie