Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Penicks

First one was so great. I don't know why they keep making these. I'll probably end up seeing Saw V later on tonight, poor old me.

defskull

Yeah I hated Saw IV but somehow got sucked into Saw V

theis

i've hated every single saw movie.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: devlin on Dec 17, 2008, 08:53 PM
Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 16, 2008, 08:49 PM
Romero has talked about his new "Dead" film.  About tribalism and how the survivors split on their beliefs about finding a cure and leaving the dead unharmed or killing everything.  Said it will have a lot more action like Dawn of the Dead. 

i  didn't like diary at all so i hope this next one steps it up.

I'm too much of a fanboy, I can't help but worship Romero. I liked Diary quite a bit, even though I did find some issues with how realistic it was, but thought it was another good entry in the series.

shine down unshy

Diary of the Dead actually freaked me out a little bit.  But I didn't like how they did the whole "Cloverfield" thing with the handcam.  The zombies looked pretty awesome and realistic though.

defskull

I saw Zombie Diaries tonight.  Now I haven't seen Diary of the Dead, but this concept has an incredible amount of potential.  Zombie Diaries wasn't the best you could do with the Blair Witch/Cloverfield style, but I think the concept is so great that it was still decent enough. 

Penicks

Transporter 3

Diarrhea indulging dialogue and plot, eyeball bleeding action scenes. Horrible. Just horrible.

bright lights, big city

Dance of the Dead. not the best movie, but i actually would recommend it to anyone who like zombies. Because it was definitely entertaining (and pretty funny for that matter)
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Penicks

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Pretty boring. I'd hit Luna and Cho though. And Ginny. And Hermoine.

devlin

Quote from: Penicks on Dec 22, 2008, 10:41 AM

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Pretty boring. I'd hit Luna and Cho though. And Ginny. And Hermoine.

never read the books or seen more than like 5 minutes of one of the movies (not sure which one) but emma watts is fucking hot.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: ImperfectCircle on Dec 21, 2008, 05:01 AM
Diary of the Dead actually freaked me out a little bit.  But I didn't like how they did the whole "Cloverfield" thing with the handcam.  The zombies looked pretty awesome and realistic though.

Diary was actually written first but Cloverfield gets all of the credit since it was a mainstream release. 

Quote from: defskull on Dec 21, 2008, 09:19 AM
I saw Zombie Diaries tonight.  Now I haven't seen Diary of the Dead, but this concept has an incredible amount of potential.  Zombie Diaries wasn't the best you could do with the Blair Witch/Cloverfield style, but I think the concept is so great that it was still decent enough. 

I really like Zombie Diaries.  Pretty bleak and a nice twist.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 22, 2008, 01:02 AM
Dance of the Dead. not the best movie, but i actually would recommend it to anyone who like zombies. Because it was definitely entertaining (and pretty funny for that matter)

They are already working on a second as well so should be interesting.  I thought it was funny but needed to be a bit more crazy.

devlin

i haven't seen zombie diaries or dance of the dead. but i have heard good things about both not just from on here.

i didn't like diary of the dead at all. i thought the plot was dumb, the special effects were cheesey and the acting was about as bad as it gets. and i hate the handy cam view. blair witch was dumb, it was the worst part of cloverfield and it made this already bad movie that much worse. kinda harsh i guess but as far as romero's standards goes it was just terrible.

theis

just watched the Bourne trilogy.

awesome movies.

bright lights, big city

indeed. lookin' forward to the 4th
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

just watched hancock. i really enjoyed it. jason bateman really made the movie for me, i love his dry sarcastic comedy.  i think it bombed in the theater but putting another superhero movie out around the dark knight was not a good idea.

dictatesofreason

yeah it was good., bateman was good on smokin aces too

devlin

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Dec 30, 2008, 04:37 AM
yeah it was good., bateman was good on smokin aces too

never saw that one. i own it, just haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

lostpilot

Seven Pounds.

wow. made me cry.
such a good drama.

theis

man, i think Seven Pounds looks awful... I hated the Pursuit of Happiness.