Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

haha dude you spelled it wrong...it was spelled Pursuit of HappYness.

it's simple Cause and Effect: they misspell a title; i don't watch

a man's gotta have some principles...
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lostpilot

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Dec 31, 2008, 01:35 AM
man, i think Seven Pounds looks awful... I hated the Pursuit of Happiness.

I had exactly the same idea, that that movie will suck because of the Will Smith, but trust me, he really acts absolutely good in this movie.

devlin

i'm not interested in seeing it. i hear its like "pay it forward" someone helped him, now he's helping other people.

but the pursuit of happyness was a great fucking movie. maybe its cause i'm a father but i almost cried.

lithium

Quote from: devlin on Dec 31, 2008, 02:24 PM

i'm not interested in seeing it. i hear its like "pay it forward" someone helped him, now he's helping other people.

but the pursuit of happyness was a great fucking movie. maybe its cause i'm a father but i almost cried.
i agree about the persuit of happyness, great movie. and the misspelling is intentional it relates to the story.
💩

nonesuch

the day the earth stood still is the worst piece of dogshit ever made.  the scenes dont progress naturally into each other,  nothing is even explained, nothing is constant, the acting is embarrassing to watch (even  jen connelly and kathy bates suck it up and i wanted to slap will smiths son the whole time),  why the hell cant the stadium eating insects (that were never explained in any way) eat through Neo's suit or his hand that he uses to shield his eyes? or go under the bridge (or just devour it)?  Why does Bill and Will's son hitchhike (when they have a car)  in the back of a couple drunk frat boys truck and happen to get dropped off at the cemetery that the kid's dad is buried in,  then suddenly connelly appears from thin air (after she was tether hijacked by a helicopter and brought to some secret base) and when they cry over their lost loved one Neo realizes humanity isnt all bad (like thats some kind of evidence)?  What the fuck is that? That is SHIT,  which is what this whole movie is,   the special fx werent even good,  the giant kill machine (or whatever the fuck it was) looked like a saturday morning cartoon

one of the worst movies i have ever seen,  from start to finish
i drink your milkshake

shine down unshy

I saw Gran Torino and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, both superb movies.

theis

Quote from: ImperfectCircle on Jan 01, 2009, 02:22 AM
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

can't wait to see it.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Dec 22, 2008, 04:05 PM
Quote from: defskull on Dec 21, 2008, 09:19 AM
I saw Zombie Diaries tonight.  Now I haven't seen Diary of the Dead, but this concept has an incredible amount of potential.  Zombie Diaries wasn't the best you could do with the Blair Witch/Cloverfield style, but I think the concept is so great that it was still decent enough. 
I really like Zombie Diaries.  Pretty bleak and a nice twist.
I saw this a couple hours ago when a few of us went back to my friend's house after New years Eve. I really enjoyed it. Like you said it was bleak and that was awesome. And it was definitely how I thought Romero's Diary of the Dead should have been.
DERP

lithium

💩

bright lights, big city

good god i need to see it asap
DERP

goldpony

saw bedtime stories over the weekend. best sandler flick in awhile imo. really good family film with surprisingly good cast and script. guy pearce was hilarious, so was russell brand and i usually cant stand him
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

really? i thought it looked pretty terrible. and i like Sandler.

re-watched Blue Velvet tonight.

"Here's to your FUCK!"

classic!

goldpony

i didnt have high hopes for it either, but it was really good. a lot less fantastic (as in fantasy, look it up) than the previews make it seem

"daddy likes to fuck"
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

bright lights, big city

speaking of Sandler, i watched I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry last week. Not great, but worthwhile if you don't have to pay much to see it.
But I also could like anything as long as it has the guys from Grandma's Boy involved.
DERP

TheWatcher

death race

great movie.

White Pwny

So today I watched Apocalypto and No Country For Old Men.... didn't really care for either.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

theis

damn, No Country is amazing.

how come you didn't like it? was it the ending?

goldpony

Quote from: TheWatcher on Jan 06, 2009, 02:46 AM
death race

great movie.

as long as you put 2000 after the title it is ;)
"Be like Cyn"
I fucking love Brad Pitt

White Pwny

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jan 06, 2009, 11:22 AM
damn, No Country is amazing.

how come you didn't like it? was it the ending?
Yessir'
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...