Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftonekid

Watched "Scarlet Diva", crazy flick but I liked it. Asia Argento did a great job.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: deftonekid on Mar 05, 2009, 09:25 PM
Watched "Scarlet Diva", crazy flick but I liked it. Asia Argento did a great job of showing her tits.
fixed
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

haha yeah I was trying to say that

lostpilot

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.. and Spring.

what a great movie. highly spiritual, philosophical.
recommended for those who liked movies like STALKER.

lostpilot

just watched another movie by KIM Ki-Duk,
"Empty Houses"
oh what a good movie. I'm just impressed and excited about all those other movies I have of his making. My discovery.

deftonekid

yeah he has some good movies

4th Eye

Lately watched 3:10 to Yuma and Da Vinci Code. Both were good. Can't really say if there were anything bad in either one but didn't really make it to top lists. 3½ or 4 out of 5 to both.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bebo

OMG PENGUIN THEIS BRO DUDE DID U SEE DIS OMG

Tom Waits To Appear in Hughes Brother's The Book of Eli

We've been neglecting all the recent casting news for The Book of Eli, primarily because we already know who the important actors are and thus don't really need to write up every little announcement for the supporting cast. However, this is one that is worth mentioning, in addition to recapping all the other recent additions. Anti (via The Playlist) is reporting that musician Tom Waits has a small role as the "Engineer" in The Book of Eli. We already know that Denzel Washington is on-board as the lead and is joined by Gary Oldman and Mila Kunis, but there's a handful of other great actors that I haven't mentioned yet either.

Also appearing in The Book of Eli are Ray Stevenson, Michael Gambon, Jennifer Beals, and Frances de la Tour. The film is post-apocalyptic western, in which a lone man (Washington) fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind. Directors Albert and Allen Hughes (Dead Presidents, From Hell) are currently filming in New Mexico for release in January of 2010. As for Waits, he's appeared in quite a few films before, including Bram Stoker's Dracula, Mystery Men, Domino, and Wristcutters: A Love Story most recently. Stay tuned for more on The Book of Eli!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/12/tom-waits-to-appear-in-hughes-brothers-the-book-of-eli/

lithium

Rachel getting married 7/10.  good film
💩

shine down unshy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 16, 2009, 03:20 AM
Theis, I'm looking at you for this one. looks pretty good...

http://movies.ign.com/articles/962/962756p1.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/

For some reason it reminds me of Sunshine, and I loved that movie.  And David Bowie's son is directing this?  Awesomeeee.

Shaye

I just watched Role Models and it was funny yet predictable.

I also watched Religulous and laughed my ass off.

Good times.

bright lights, big city

I REALLY loved Role Models. I could go gay for Paul Rudd. You can quote me on that.
DERP

theis

I love Paul Rudd. He's probably in my top 5 favorite actors.

devlin

i can't wait for this.

i read there is going to be a three minute trailer at the begining of "monsters vs. aliens".

shine down unshy

Dude...is that the film adaptation of that one kid's book?  If so..fuckin' shweet.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: devlin on Mar 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
i can't wait for this.

i read there is going to be a three minute trailer at the begining of "monsters vs. aliens".

I've been looking forward to this!

bright lights, big city

Spike Jonze, dude, Spike Jonze.
DERP

wither-I

Quote from: devlin on Mar 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
i can't wait for this.

woah! dude i loved this book so much as a kid!

"coming into the nearness of distance"

TheWatcher

GGAA GAAAAAAA GGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GANGSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!