Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

I'm back from the theatre, got to see " Gran Torino ".

Damn, that was an amazing movie.

deftonekid

I just watched Four Rooms. I still laughing my ass out.

shine down unshy

Hell yea, lol..that movie is a classic.  Tim Roth is just a funny little fucker in that movie.

defskull

I'm pretty sure I just saw the Quentin and Rodriguez parts of that movie.  Both were very good.

devlin

Crank 2: High Voltage
Plot synopsis:

"Picking up immediately after he hits the ground at the end of Crank, Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) is kidnapped by a gang of Chinese medics. On an operating table, they attempt to harvest his organs. But after they remove his heart and replace it with an electronic temporary one, Chev wakes up and kills the medics. He then has to chase after the gang who has stolen his heart. At the same time, he must keep shocking himself with regular jolts of electricity to keep himself alive."

holy crap that sounds retarded. if he was dead and they were harvesting his organs why would they replace his heart with an "electronic temporary one" and how would that bring him back to life. after falling from the height he did (at the end of the first one), he would be a mangled pile of broken bones anyway.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devlin on Mar 22, 2009, 12:50 PM
Crank 2: High Voltage
Plot synopsis:

"Picking up immediately after he hits the ground at the end of Crank, Chev Chelios (Jason Statham) is kidnapped by a gang of Chinese medics. On an operating table, they attempt to harvest his organs. But after they remove his heart and replace it with an electronic temporary one, Chev wakes up and kills the medics. He then has to chase after the gang who has stolen his heart. At the same time, he must keep shocking himself with regular jolts of electricity to keep himself alive."

holy crap that sounds retarded. if he was dead and they were harvesting his organs why would they replace his heart with an "electronic temporary one" and how would that bring him back to life. after falling from the height he did (at the end of the first one), he would be a mangled pile of broken bones anyway.

yeah wtf. it'll be a turd.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

Haha that movie is  going to be amazing.  It's supposed to be retarded/over the top.

lostpilot

Slumdog Millionaire tonight, Pay It Forward last night.

Slumdog - maybe this move is overhyped, but in a way I liked it. Good cinematography, nice plot.. though this movie did not leave anything in me.

Pay It Forward - ah, what a movie. Sad, but good.

lithium

watched twilight,and it was surprisingly good.
💩

tarkil

Quote from: lithium on Mar 23, 2009, 04:49 AM

Fag....     :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

devlin

i just watched this yesterday and it wasn't terrible. the sparkly thing is gay and the special effects (running fast, climbing straight up the tree) were pretty bad, not just low budget bad, just done in a cheesy way. but besides that it wasn't all that bad. i've seen much worse chick flicks.

White Pwny

I rewatched Twilight again last night.... and again I loved it....

I also watched Role Models and thought it was pretty funny.   That lil black kid cracks my ass up.
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

devlin

Quote from: devlin on Mar 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
i can't wait for this.

i read there is going to be a three minute trailer at the begining of "monsters vs. aliens".

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2009/03/where-the-wild-things-are-new-pics

bright lights, big city

Quote from: devlin on Mar 24, 2009, 02:41 AM
Quote from: devlin on Mar 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
i can't wait for this.

i read there is going to be a three minute trailer at the begining of "monsters vs. aliens".

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2009/03/where-the-wild-things-are-new-pics
yeah! and filmdrunk one of the best/funniest sites out there.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devlin

hell yeah. i go to filmdrunk and wwtdd every day.

bright lights, big city

fuck yea dude, highly recommended to anyone here into movies
DERP

defskull

Haha yeah I love those sites.

devilinside

Quote from: devlin on Mar 23, 2009, 11:16 AM

i just watched this yesterday and it wasn't terrible. the sparkly thing is gay and the special effects (running fast, climbing straight up the tree) were pretty bad, not just low budget bad, just done in a cheesy way. but besides that it wasn't all that bad. i've seen much worse chick flicks.

Tee...hee.. :)

samson simpson

saw Chopper today and it was pretty awesome..also saw Watchmen ( burnt) and it was also pretty great

great job!

defskull

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 07, 2009, 06:58 AM
Mother of Tears was fucking awesome.  Made me remember how truly amazing Argento is.  Plus Asia is gorgeous.

I saw this tonight and didn't think it was that great.  I was disappointed.  It had some nice gore and nudity scenes, but I thought the rest was pretty bland.