Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 27, 2009, 03:20 PM
Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 27, 2009, 09:10 AM
yeah, it was the first time I saw it!
why most nowadays scifi ain't this good?

have you seen Sunshine? one of my favorite sci-fi flicks and it's from 2007.

oh yes, okay, there are some good movies. And Sunshine is definitely one of them, I liked it very much

theis

downtownpony

Quote from: lithium on Apr 27, 2009, 03:58 PM
Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 26, 2009, 04:11 PM
Quote from: lithium on Apr 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 14, 2009, 12:54 AM
Quote from: downtownpony on Apr 14, 2009, 12:17 AM
Just watched "Doubt" last night. Dont know what all the hype was about. Shit sucked.
hahaha though that was funny. yeah i have no ambition to see that at all.
the acting is stellar, great performances from the whole cast. that's what the hype is about. go watch fast and the furious or something.
nah man. It's shit. The acting is great. But the story is shit. shit. shit.  But I can see why you'd like it you sick fuck.
sorry it took so long to reply, but I just noticed ur amazingly retarded statement.    
my statement reflected yours eh? but better late than never i say yeah?
totally.

wither-I

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 27, 2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/ 

beautiful movie, man. give it a chance.
this movie was great. kind of like event horizon. it was believable.

any other recommendations anyone? im looking to watch a movie tonight that will  inspire me and put me in my place

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 30, 2009, 01:39 AM
Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 27, 2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/ 

beautiful movie, man. give it a chance.
this movie was great. kind of like event horizon. it was believable.

any other recommendations anyone? im looking to watch a movie tonight that will  inspire me and put me in my place
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. the world needs more movies like Sunshine.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftonekid

Watched Love and Death. Fucking Woody Allen everytime I watch one of his movies I laugh so fucking hard.

goldpony

saw wolverine over the weekend. not a bad flick actually. it was exactly what i expected it to be, although i thought it felt a little rushed at times.
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

theis

Just watched "Let the Right One In".

Wow...

I don't really know what to say about this movie. I'm kind of in a state of awe. First of all, I'm absolutely amazed by the lead child actors in this movie. It shouldn't be possible to be this good at the age of 12/13. Amazing.

The whole movie was mesmerizing and unlike anything else I've ever seen. It showed possibly every single human emotion both from the characters and the way it worked on me. Beautiful, sad, scary, sweet, disturbing, odd, uplifting and just damn wonderful.

I need to see this again...and again. It was so subtle yet filled with so many layers.

One of the best movies I've seen in a while.

9.5/10

If the cat scene had been better executed I'd given this a perfect score.

wither-I

im gonna check it out yo.

theis

please do, i think you'll love it.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 05, 2009, 09:29 PM

Wow...

I don't really know what to say about this movie. I'm kind of in a state of awe. First of all, I'm absolutely amazed by the lead child actors in this movie. It shouldn't be possible to be this good at the age of 12/13. Amazing.

The whole movie was mesmerizing and unlike anything else I've ever seen. It showed possibly every single human emotion both from the characters and the way it worked on me. Beautiful, sad, scary, sweet, disturbing, odd, uplifting and just damn wonderful.

I need to see this again...and again. It was so subtle yet filled with so many layers.

9.5/10

YES YES! Such a great flick!!
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Wow...

9.5/10

Boosh!  I'm glad people really liked this movie and it is one of the best horror films in the past decade.

wither-I

Wow...

9.5/10

wow. this was very very enthralling. im def going to watch it again.
beautifully done. i cant say much more than you already have. thanks for the recommendation brosef!! i thoroughly enjoyed this

theis

awesome man!

too bad you americans get the dvd version where they completely fucked up the subtitles. ah well, glad you still got something out of it.

and what about that ending, huh? so great.

bright lights, big city

ending = amazing.

but aren't they releasing versions with good subtitles here? god i hope so...
DERP

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 07, 2009, 02:38 PM
but aren't they releasing versions with good subtitles here? god i hope so...

if you want correct subs, you'll have to grab the Region 2 version.

here's a link where they compare the correct subtitles to the subtitles on the american region 1 release.
http://iconsoffright.com/news/2009/03/let_the_wrong_subtitles_in_to.html

shocking, to say the least.

theis

Just got back from seeing the new Star Trek flick.
I had zero expectations and I've never been a Star Trek fan, but damn, what a fun movie!

Great characters, great story, awesome action and very funny too. Overall, very enjoyable.

8/10.

bright lights, big city

I felt the same, just a good, fun, and likable movie all around. I've liked JJ Abrams because Alias was pretty cool and Lost is my second favorite show ever. Damn though, now the guy actually has another good blockbuster movie. Amazing. And his 2 directing efforts essentially brought life back to dead franchises.
DERP

theis

Watched "Punisher: War Zone".

Haha, absolutely cheesetastic! Fucking loved it.

The ending had me in stitches. "Jesus...saves." BANG! "Aww, now I got brains all over me".

There Will Be Blood

I just saw Star Trek, thought it was pretty damn good