Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostpilot

I have watched both of them before, nonetheless thanks for the recommendations which I forgot.
just got baked and watched Kurasami's 'Dreans' which was BLOODY awesome.:)

oldgentlovecraft

Just finished watching Takashi Miike's Crows Zero, fucking awesome movie.

Fireal1222

on a busride to the yankees vs phillies game today. i saw Gran Torino for the first time

what an absolutely incredible movie

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lostpilot

Watched Fellini's 8 1/2 yesterday. expected something totally different, therefore I was quite impressed.

Fireal1222

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 22, 2009, 08:47 PM

or

Do yourself a favor and watch either one.

my friend just let me borrow those 2 movies. so its funny u make that post. i will watch them both in the next few days

he also let me borrow

altered states
rounders
kids
eraserhead
blue velvet
bully

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 25, 2009, 05:48 PM
he also let me borrow

altered states
rounders
kids
eraserhead
blue velvet
bully

All are great movies.

defskull

I just saw Drag Me To Hell and let me tell you, if you liked Raimi's Evil Dead movies, you'll like this!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on May 30, 2009, 06:04 AM
I just saw Drag Me To Hell and let me tell you, if you liked Raimi's Evil Dead movies, you'll LOVE this!
fixed. i just saw it too haha.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

crazy, i thought the trailer looked lame, but i've heard nothing but enormous praise! actually pretty excited to see this.

devlin

Quote from: penguin in the desert on May 30, 2009, 08:57 AM
crazy, i thought the trailer looked lame, but i've heard nothing but enormous praise! actually pretty excited to see this.

my thoughts exactly. heres a great review of it. from a site i trust.
http://www.horror-fanatics.com/reviews/d ragmetohell.html

bright lights, big city

honestly, that didn't really do anything for me either. i like Raimi's movies but i was pretty content on waiting for the dvd of this. but alas, my friends all wanted to go, so i went too.

and in all seriousness, this was most scared i've been in a movie in years and years. actually i can't remember when i was last scared shitless. and from about 90 seconds into the movie, you will know what I mean and really enjoy the film. plus, I never appreciated what Raimi movies did with sound and music, but holy crap there were some really intense moments here.
A total throwback to 80s horror movies, I definitely recommend it. Even the acting towards the end got campy (in a good and funny way). Just a great movie to see with the buddies.

and he used the POLE CAMERA AND PUPPETS LIKE IN EVIL DEAD! I was so happy I saw how many puppeteers showed up in the credits.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

ohh yeah I almost forgot to mention the awesomeness of having Justin Long's computer in the movie is a Mac, and his phone is the iPhone....

and the blood effects definitely had that Evil Dead vibe as well

good God I loved this movie haha.
DERP

defskull

Yeah I loved it too.  Definitely had the "evil cam" going and that just made me smile.  Also, I'm pretty sure Sam Raimi's car (the one used in the evil dead movies) was the gypsy's car. 

In a way, this movie is sort of an homage to the Evil Dead movies.

bright lights, big city

i didnt even think of that! good call

what also surprised me was the fact that it was rated pg-13.it definitely got away with some stuff, and is not your typical pg-13 horror movie. with the reviews its getting and (hopefully) a good weekend turnout, i hope this means Hollywood could make more movies like this.
DERP

wither-I

i wasnt interested in drag me to hell  at first but now im intrigued!

also watched the people under the stairs last night what an awesome movie! ving rames was so a=great and funny

"coming into the nearness of distance"

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 30, 2009, 03:08 PM
honestly, that didn't really do anything for me either. i like Raimi's movies but i was pretty content on waiting for the dvd of this. but alas, my friends all wanted to go, so i went too.

and in all seriousness, this was most scared i've been in a movie in years and years. actually i can't remember when i was last scared shitless. and from about 90 seconds into the movie, you will know what I mean and really enjoy the film. plus, I never appreciated what Raimi movies did with sound and music, but holy crap there were some really intense moments here.
A total throwback to 80s horror movies, I definitely recommend it. Even the acting towards the end got campy (in a good and funny way). Just a great movie to see with the buddies.

and he used the POLE CAMERA AND PUPPETS LIKE IN EVIL DEAD! I was so happy I saw how many puppeteers showed up in the credits.

You fuckers are getting me pumped!  I have to wait until Tuesday :(

Quote from: wither-I on May 30, 2009, 05:27 PM
i wasnt interested in drag me to hell  at first but now im intrigued!

also watched the people under the stairs last night what an awesome movie! ving rames was so a=great and funny

People Under the Stairs is classic! 

Penicks

Superhero Movie

It was actually pretty funny at times. Imagine that.

defskull

Quote from: bright lights, big city on May 30, 2009, 05:09 PM
i didnt even think of that! good call

what also surprised me was the fact that it was rated pg-13.it definitely got away with some stuff, and is not your typical pg-13 horror movie. with the reviews its getting and (hopefully) a good weekend turnout, i hope this means Hollywood could make more movies like this.

Yeah no kidding, one of the most un-pg-13 movies ever.  It was not like the typical pg-13 horror crap.

theis

Watched Martyrs for the second time tonight. Definitely one of the nastiest and best horror movies in years.

shine down unshy

Drag Me To Hell was one hell of a roller coaster ride. I was expecting it to have those funny overtones but it was all srs bizzness.