Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: shine down unshy on Jun 02, 2009, 07:41 AM
Drag Me To Hell was one hell of a roller coaster ride. I was expecting it to have those funny overtones but it was all srs bizzness.
i thought there were some funny parts. like the main character was constantly on the receiving end of some serious gumming. then the way this line was delivered towards the end had me laughing pretty hard:

SPOILER???

- "Oh no she's dead!!"
- "Yes."
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

duuuuude, maaaan!!!!! that looks like a major fucking spoiler quote!

bright lights, big city

It's not at END END of the movie, but ok whatever I guess I fail.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Haha, okay... :)

You've checked out Martyrs yet? Wanna hear your thoughts on it.

bright lights, big city

yeah! I finally did see it, and I really enjoyed it! Soo bloody and violent, wow. In the end, I think I prefer Inside over Martyrs though.

A friend of mine liked it, but thought it was too much like Hostel. Whatd you think?
DERP

theis

I loved it. One of my favorite horror movies in years. So many unsettleling scenes... the imaginary "demon" chasing and slashing Lucie, the tortured girl who Anna discovers (when she starts scraping her arm with the knife and rubs her face at the wall...holy shit, that was fucked)...and the ending. Fucking loved that ending!

I loved how unpredictable it was and it was nice to see an original story for once. I think Hostel is a Disney flick compared to this.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 02, 2009, 06:09 PM
I loved it. One of my favorite horror movies in years. So many unsettleling scenes... the imaginary "demon" chasing and slashing Lucie, the tortured girl who Anna discovers (when she starts scraping her arm with the knife and rubs her face at the wall...holy shit, that was fucked)...and the ending. Fucking loved that ending!

I loved how unpredictable it was and it was nice to see an original story for once. I think Hostel is a Disney flick compared to this.

LOL @ Disney. I can see that haha. it really was a brutal movie, and I NEVER saw the ending coming. damn good movie.
DERP

shine down unshy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 02, 2009, 01:31 PM
Quote from: shine down unshy on Jun 02, 2009, 07:41 AM
Drag Me To Hell was one hell of a roller coaster ride. I was expecting it to have those funny overtones but it was all srs bizzness.
i thought there were some funny parts. like the main character was constantly on the receiving end of some serious gumming. then the way this line was delivered towards the end had me laughing pretty hard:

Yeah..those scenes kinda made me cringe with a smile on my face, but I didn't laugh much.  But I admit there was one part that I did laugh at, and it was towards the end.

shine down unshy

Anyone here seen BRONSON yet?  That shit is awesome.  It's based on a true story about Britain's Most Violent Prisoner.  Should check it out

theis

Watched Repo Man. Awesome 80's cheese.

defskull

I saw The Girl Next Door for the first time the other day.  It was a lot better than I expected it to be.  Emile Hirsch did a great job as did Elisha Cuthbert to give us a relationship that seemed believable.

theis

That's a boner worthy flick right there.

lostpilot

Identity for the second time tonight.
Yeah, I like this movie very much

lostpilot

Seriously? I liked The Signal very much.
yes you may call me names etc
generally I just enjoyed it's simplicity (not the ending though), style, some comedy etc.
acting was pleasurable. generally.. even though everyone seem to be hating this movie, I enjoyed it

theis

I love You, Man.

Oh, I fucking LOVE Paul Rudd and Jason Segel. What a wonderful movie. Absolutely hilarious and very sweet, too. Seriously, I'd love to have a friend like Sidney Fife...I mean, who wouldn't? The whole Rush thing gave me a big smile, too.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 17, 2009, 10:58 PM
I love You, Man.

Oh, I fucking LOVE Paul Rudd and Jason Segel. What a wonderful movie. Absolutely hilarious and very sweet, too. Seriously, I'd love to have a friend like Sidney Fife...I mean, who wouldn't? The whole Rush thing gave me a big smile, too.
awesome man, I too really enjoyed that movie. I loved when they first meet at that open house, and Jason Segel starts talking about that guy farting, and provides the commentary. Great stuff.
DERP

theis

Also "Im slappin' da bass". hahaha, when he doesn't stop you can just see his fiancee cracking up. hilarious.

theis

Drag Me to Hell.

Great fun. Just a shame they used so much CGI instead of practical effects (especially in the eye/goo popping scene).

lostpilot

Coraline.
childish yet really funny and nice.

Wolverine.
I just did not like it. It lacked substance, quality, etc.. :/

bright lights, big city

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Jun 19, 2009, 03:31 PM
Drag Me to Hell.

Great fun. Just a shame they used so much CGI instead of practical effects (especially in the eye/goo popping scene).
you could right about that, but I really think Raimi used older ways to get the effects. The end credits listed so many puppeteers. I can't remember, was the goat all CGI? or do you think that was a puppet?
DERP