Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Inland Empire.

My 2nd viewing since I first watched it a little over a year ago. Such a draining and intense movie to watch. This isn't entertainment...it's a mental journey through madness.

Incredible masterpiece.

10/10.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 16, 2009, 07:16 PM
just picked up One Hour Photo and the original Nightmare on Elm Street for $3 each. I'm pumped.

WIN!

ben

Tyson

REALLY good documentary, 8/10

"While I m in the dressing room five minutes before I come out, I m breaking my gloves down, I m pushing the leather to the back of my gloves, so my knuckle could pierce through. When I come out I have supreme confidence. I m scared to death. I m afraid. I m afraid of everything. I m afraid of losing. I m afraid of being humiliated. But I m confident. The closer I get to the ring the more confident I get. The closer, the more confident. The closer the more confident I get. All during training I ve been afraid of this man. I think this man might be capable of beating me. I ve dreamed of him beating me. For that I ve always stayed afraid of him. The closer I get to the ring the more confident I get. Once I m in the ring I m a god. No one could beat me. I walk around the ring but I never take my eyes off my opponent. Even if he s ready and pumping, and cant wait to get his hands on me. I keep my eyes on him. I keep my eyes on him. Then once I see a chink in his armor, boom, one of his eyes may move, and then I know I have him. Then once he comes to the center of the ring he looks at me with his piercing look as if he s not afraid. But he already made that mistake when he looked down for that one tenth of a second. I know I have him. He ll fight hard for the first two or three rounds, but I know I broke his spirit. During the fight I m supremely confident. I m making him miss and I m countering. I m hitting him to the body; I m punching him real hard. And I m punching him, and I m punching him, and I know he s gonna take my punches. He goes down, he s out. I m victorious. Mike Tyson, greatest fighter that ever lived. "

Penicks

Synecdoche, New York

Too pretentious.

theis

[Rec] - 9/10 (Manuela Velasco is such a hottie)
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 9/10 (Michelle Monaghan is such a hottie)

This was a good night.

bright lights, big city

Just watched Role Models again. fucking love that movie. Jane Lynch is insanely hilarious in any role she plays.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Jane Lynch does indeed rule in everything.

My two favorite lines from her:

40 Year Old Virgin: "Andy. Have you ever heard of the term... 'Fuck Buddy? "Well, it's a special... friend... who you fuck" The way she delivers it and her facial expression. Just hilarious.

And her "cocain speech" from Role Models is genius too.

bright lights, big city

"Want to know what I used to have for breakfast everyday? Cocaine."
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

ben

Man On Wire

That was one crazy ass french dude.  I know that all of the details have to be bogus as shit (sitting by a cop for three days in a blanket...fuck.)

7/10

Penicks

Inglourious Basterds

Saw it two times this weekend. Not because I chose to, mind you. It was pretty good. Surprisingly boring first half. Some brilliant scenes. Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz were absolutely fucking awesome.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 09, 2009, 03:39 AM
Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 08, 2009, 01:44 PM
Dazed and Confused was not even close to being as good as I expected it to be. If I watched it when I was fifteen - yeah, that movie would've rocked. not now

The Big Lebowski rocked, I laughed at a lot.

District 9 was basically interesting, yet the ending was quite disappointing, I'm not even sure why.

Angels and Demons was shitty.
I'm just glad another person saw and enjoyed The Big Lebowski

Is it really that good? I have avoided seeing it [for some odd, unknown reason]. All I know is, is that the bowling alley they go to is the one right down my street and the diner they go to is the one my family and I would eat at every Sunday. Hmmm....so what is it? Comedy? Suspense? WHAT:!?!!?!?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Sep 28, 2009, 01:02 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Sep 09, 2009, 03:39 AM
Quote from: lostpilot on Sep 08, 2009, 01:44 PM
Dazed and Confused was not even close to being as good as I expected it to be. If I watched it when I was fifteen - yeah, that movie would've rocked. not now

The Big Lebowski rocked, I laughed at a lot.

District 9 was basically interesting, yet the ending was quite disappointing, I'm not even sure why.

Angels and Demons was shitty.
I'm just glad another person saw and enjoyed The Big Lebowski

Is it really that good? I have avoided seeing it [for some odd, unknown reason]. All I know is, is that the bowling alley they go to is the one right down my street and the diner they go to is the one my family and I would eat at every Sunday. Hmmm....so what is it? Comedy? Suspense? WHAT:!?!!?!?
I worship the movie, seriously. Therefore I declare it the funniest movie ever made.
DERP

Jerry_Curls

Awesome! It's on my list now...

Just finished watching Fargo [first time]. Entertaining, kind of lagged a bit at some parts, but I love how cold it was throughout the whole movie! 8/10
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

Damn dude. You gotta watch Lebowski asap.

Probably the funniest movie ever and in general, one of the most original and entertaining movies.

Fargo is awesome too. Frances McDormand is so fucking brilliant in it.

Jacob

it's been so long since I watched The Big Lebowski that I barely remember it. gonna have to see it again.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Crazylegs

mee too. i got it on hd-dvd the other day, i'm going to have to watch it again some time soon.

bright lights, big city

I really have high hopes for A Serious Man, the Coens' new movie. I think it's out this Friday in limited release, and it looks like another hilariously dark comedy.
DERP

ben

The King of Kong 9/10, excellent documentary with funny-as-fuck characters.  You feel ashamed for most of those people.

Tokyo Godfathers, 6/10 honestly I was expecting something as visual as Kon's later masterpiece Paprika but I got a comedy/weird film about a transvestite hobo and a psychotic baby snatcher. 

nonesuch

the big lebowski is the GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.  PERIOD........

shut the fuck up donny
i drink your milkshake

4th Eye

Past weekend watched couple of movies...

Slumdog Millionaire: Good movie, liked it. But worth 8 Oscars? Nah... 8.5/10

Milk: I'm not really into politics so this wasn't really my cup of tea. Good movie too but a bit boring, imo. Though Sean Penn was good I don't think it was worth 8 nominations. 7/10

Jerry_Curls

I cried during Milk. Are you homo?
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.