Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livewire

Quote from: No More Sugar on Oct 27, 2009, 02:16 AM
The ending of Saw 6 was RAW.

I do have to say that Saw 6 was better than Saw 5, though none of the sequels will ever compare to the first so they should just quit now.

On a side note Zombieland was awesome.

defskull

On a side note this is just awesome.

[youtube=425,350]CzygyXR8eUc[/youtube]

theis

Gonzo: The Life and Work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Fascinating doc.

nonesuch

on a bottom note,  fuck zombieland

itt couldve been a really cool flick,  except i FUCKING hate Jesse Eisenberg,  every time he talks i want to slap him,  he's a horrible actor and an all around bitch

like i really hate that kid,  i would seriously set him fire if i ever saw him

adventureland also couldve been a quality flick,  but jesse fucked it all up

i drink your milkshake

No More Sugar

Quote from: Livewire on Oct 27, 2009, 08:03 PM
Quote from: No More Sugar on Oct 27, 2009, 02:16 AM
The ending of Saw 6 was RAW.

I do have to say that Saw 6 was better than Saw 5, though none of the sequels will ever compare to the first so they should just quit now.

On a side note Zombieland was awesome.

agreed.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

ben

Mark of The Vampire

pretty weird, considering Bela Lugosi and Tod Browning basically re-do Dracula with an implausible twist at the end.  worth watching though.

defskull

I saw Trick 'R Treat tonight.  Definitely seems like a movie that could replace Evil Dead II as my annual Halloween movie.  It was pretty good and a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

No More Sugar

house on haunted hill....every time i see it i remember why it fucked me up so bad
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

ben

Freaks (1932)

I don't know what to really say about this one...

Jacob

Quote from: defskull on Oct 30, 2009, 07:11 AM
I saw Trick 'R Treat tonight.  Definitely seems like a movie that could replace Evil Dead II as my annual Halloween movie.  It was pretty good and a lot shorter than I thought it would be.

gonna have to download and watch that tonight. not going to any halloween parties or anything this year, so I need at least something to get me in the mood.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ben

Do you have TCM?  Karloff marathon I think starts today/tonight....also

http://www.classiccinemaonline.com/cinema/horror/

there are some good old classics in here as well...

Jacob

nope, I don't even have a tv...

devilinside

Just saw michael jackson this is it... Fuck it made me cry. :(

theis

Hellraiser - 9/10

John Carpenter's Halloween - 10/10

Trick 'r Treat - 9.5/10

David Croneberg's The Fly - 9.5/10

The Evil Dead - 10/10

Good night.

bright lights, big city

Bram Stoker's Dracula. classic.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

nonesuch

bronson is one sick puppy

moon raises my eyebrows
i drink your milkshake

Jacob

so I watched Trick 'r Treat on Saturday and I liked it. the movie in itself wasn't very good - the stories weren't very well told and I didn't really get the point of the movie until I read the synopsis of it afterwards. the different stories were getting way too little time to be told and nothing ever really got anywhere and it felt like the movie was over before it even started. so judged on that alon, the movie wasn't good, not even entertaining.

it wasn't very scary either. the only part that was kinda creepy was Sam, especially when you saw his face. the rest was so incredibly predictable and cliché.

so, what did I like? the atmosphere was awesome. and so was the camerawork, the effects and the picture. I can honestly say this is one of the best looking movies I have ever seen. it was beautiful. eventhough I didn't even enjoy the storylines very much, I didn't want to stop watching and I was sad when it ended because I just didn't want to leave that wonderful little place the movie put me in.

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Oct 26, 2009, 10:55 PM
Quote from: penguin in the desert on Oct 26, 2009, 10:33 PM
Watched Trick 'r Treat for the fifth time in, like, 1½ week.

This could easily become an all time favorite horror movie. Just love it.
Really? Goddamnit, if you say so. Now I need to go spend more money and pick it up.

Just grabbed it and will be watching it tonight.

bright lights, big city

The Spirit - not really atrocious, like I've heard from everyone. But I didn't really take it as a serious movie. Highlights include the usual Samuel L. Jackson acting, Eva Mendes' butt, about 100 clones of Donkey Lips, and the cheezy 1940's-like dialogue.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

return of the living dead - 10/10 every time.