Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

watched The Hangover last night. it was pretty damn funny, turned out way better than I thought it would. it started off pretty slow, with crappy acting and weak jokes. but from then on it only got better.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

black coffee

2012 and Law Abiding Citizen a few days later. 2012 gets 6.5 / 10, Law Abiding Citizen 8/10

bright lights, big city

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Nicolas Cage was unbelievably awesome in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. A great, drugged out, badass movie. With Eva Mendes.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

wither-I

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 02, 2009, 06:21 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Nicolas Cage was unbelievably awesome in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. A great, drugged out, badass movie. With Eva Mendes.

is this in theatres?

"coming into the nearness of distance"

bright lights, big city

Quote from: wither-I on Dec 04, 2009, 01:38 AM

is this in theatres?
yeah, in limited release. don't get me started on releasing certain movies in limited release.

The Road is also in limited release. Bleak and depressing and very good.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Mikey

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 04, 2009, 05:11 AM

is this in theatres?
yeah, in limited release. don't get me started on releasing certain movies in limited release.

The Road was the shit!!

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Mikey on Dec 04, 2009, 10:46 PM

is this in theatres?

The Road was the shit!!
let's hope Viggo gets at least some recognition for that role. Amazing.
DERP

TheWatcher

saw new moon yesterday with a few friends

wow.. most boring movie i ever seen... i fell asleep 10min into the movie my friend had to wake me up to say the movie was over.

one weak

Brothers was pretty good. Not your typical melodrama, though it stayed true to a lot of those conventions. Tobey Maguire (i´m actually not a fan) did an awesome job. All the acting, now that i think about it, was great. It was missing something from making it a great movie. Otherwise I would have put it in the "Best of 2009" topic. Still a good film to see and make you think about what's going on with troops coming home from war.

blixa

watched where the wild things are with a friend. it met all my expectations and then some.

we then danced in the theatre during the credits because everyone had left at that point. any excuse for me to dance like a maniac.

chick de la lynch

I saw 2012 tonight. I'm not completely sure if I buy John Cusack being an action hero or not, but I enjoyed the film. Well, except the fact that it was really fucking depressing.

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 04, 2009, 11:38 PM
Quote from: Mikey on Dec 04, 2009, 10:46 PM

is this in theatres?

The Road was the shit!!
let's hope Viggo gets at least some recognition for that role. Amazing.

let's hope john hillcoat gets some recognition seeing that the proposition was completely ignored. that movie should have won an oscar.

Penicks

It was a pretty standard blockbuster. Looked absolutely gorgeous though. 3D is still nothing more than a gimmick for me.

chick de la lynch

I just got finished watching Candy. It was depressing. Not just because it was about drug addiction, but the fact that the world will no longer see Heath Ledger act.

I enjoyed it, to a certain extent. There were points where it got really heavy, and then certain points where I zoned out. I can't really pinpoint where it went wrong, but there were so many moments that were right, I'm wiling to forgive the low points of the film.

wither-I

Quote from: ManRaysWhore on Dec 18, 2009, 05:54 AM
I just got finished watching Candy. It was depressing. Not just because it was about drug addiction, but the fact that the world will no longer see Heath Ledger act.

I enjoyed it, to a certain extent. There were points where it got really heavy, and then certain points where I zoned out. I can't really pinpoint where it went wrong, but there were so many moments that were right, I'm wiling to forgive the low points of the film.

yeah i thought it was very beautiful. but at some moments got "zoned out"

its a shame more people dont know of this movie.

but i understand it is a tough swallow.
*great acting

"coming into the nearness of distance"

blixa

the book is excellent.

i would have liked the film more if abbie cornish was not in it. how great was the opening sequence though? it had me feeling so happy.

theis

blixa

fooking brilliant:

i loved loved loved every bloody second. such a strong script.

Corleone

Watched Inglorious Basterds and The hangover... enjoyed both but prob wouldnt watch again.

Maybe just watch the nazi get beat in with a bat again, that was cool.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: blixa on Dec 18, 2009, 07:48 AM

the book is excellent.

i would have liked the film more if abbie cornish was not in it. how great was the opening sequence though? it had me feeling so happy.

I could definitely see myself reading and enjoying the book.

Abbie Cornish did get on my nerves, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. The opening sequence was very sweet.