Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Jan 09, 2010, 06:43 PM
Quote from: lithium on Jan 09, 2010, 06:31 PM
Daybreakers sucked

Really? I've only heard positive things about it.
I just saw that earlier this evening. I liked it and would recommend it, but it is kind of an odd movie. Definitely not a mainstream movie for the Twilight crowd (thank fucking god), as they definitely bring the blood and gore. But not really a horror movie either. The story is trying to be pretty deep, and they do take the vampire genre in a different and original direction. So I really give it credit for that. Not as good as 30 Days of Night, but better than Underworld.

Also, it's done by the brothers who made Undead, which is a pretty awesome zombie flick, and you can see some similarities between that and Daybreakers (mainly Dafoe's kickass shotgun-crossbow and good one-liners).
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I watched Død snø last night. really fun movie.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

bebo

watched Jacob's Ladder again

creepy good stuff

also watched Fight club again. I think i'll go through all of David Fincher's movies, probably Zodiac next

Crazylegs

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 10, 2010, 10:06 AM
absolutely.

theis

Quote from: bebo on Jan 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
probably Zodiac next

My favorite Fincher movie.

Jacob

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 10, 2010, 06:16 PM
absolutely.

the girl who played the chick who had sex in the outhouse was friggin hot. you're norweigan, right? any chance you can hook me up?

Crazylegs

Not sure how much help i could be in hooking you up, but i can give you a funfact. Her name is Jenny Skavlan, and she is Fredrik Skavlan's niece. Skavlan is on swedish television too now right?

Jacob

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 10, 2010, 11:14 PM
Not sure how much help i could be in hooking you up, but i can give you a funfact. Her name is Jenny Skavlan, and she is Fredrik Skavlan's niece. Skavlan is on swedish television too now right?

yeah, he's actually a really big hit here. and that's really funny because my first thought when I saw her name was "maybe they're related... nah, that's probably a common name in Norway". what do you know, what do you know...

anyways, just keep me in mind if you ever run into her on the street or whatever.

Crazylegs

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Jan 10, 2010, 06:18 PM
Quote from: bebo on Jan 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
probably Zodiac next

My favorite Fincher movie.
#3 for me. but still a very good movie.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Jacob on Jan 10, 2010, 09:22 PM
Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 10, 2010, 06:16 PM
absolutely.

the girl who played the chick who had sex in the outhouse was friggin hot. you're norweigan, right? any chance you can hook me up?

god damn ive trusted you !!!!
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

one weak

theis

Watched (500) Days of Summer.

Absolutely loved it.

blixa

i need to watch daybreakers. my friend michael is in it. excited.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Jan 13, 2010, 11:53 AM
i need to watch daybreakers. my friend michael is in it. excited.
really? that's awesome, did they have any lines? and I believe the directors are from Australia as well, which is pretty cool.
DERP

blixa

his name is michael dorman. he plays a character named frankie in the film. he gate crashed my friend's party and we've been friends ever since.

the film was written and directed by two australian brothers. the film was shot in australia too. pretty good revenue for us.

wither-I

yeah australia is taking over in alot of cultural aspects. i saw it first

"coming into the nearness of distance"

ben

Been on a Kurosawa binge:

Rashomon
The Hidden Fortress
Yojimbo
Sanjuro
Seven Samurai
Ran

booyah

he is, without a doubt, my favorite director.

one weak

damn, that is some serious movie watchin. i won´t lie, i fell asleep through roshomon about 5 times before i finally made it to the end. it´s not that it´s not a great movie, just...i dunno, something about japanese film history just doesn´t do it for me.

chick de la lynch

Haha, I fell asleep during Seven Samurai, and I have to agree with one weak. Japanese history isn't very interesting. Kurosawa does nothing for me.