Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

I can respect that.  At least you guys tried haha...I can see how it can be tedious to some.

but I might suggest checking out his later films from the 80s and 90s, like Ran or Dreams.

one weak

hmm. yeah i´ve never seen those.

one weak

i really liked Brothers. it got pretty crappy reviews here in the states and most noteworthy was that it tried too hard to be melodramatic. i dunno, but that sounds like an oxymoron to me....

4th Eye

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 10, 2010, 06:16 PM
Quote from: Jacob on Jan 10, 2010, 10:06 AM
I watched Død snø last night. really fun movie.
absolutely.

You guys seen Kill Buljo? It has the same director and people say it's either brilliant or total crap.

I've gotten quite interested in both movies.

blixa

Quote from: wither-I on Jan 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
yeah australia is taking over in alot of cultural aspects. i saw it first

if i pursue my acting career there will definitely be an oscar somewhere down the road for me haha.

nonesuch

i dont know if its been said already

but watch "the road",   its a glimpse into reality

and the bad lieutenant: Port of New Orleans - i saw it a while back and that it was great but kinda ridiculous,  just watched it again, and damn this film is standing firmly on its own two legs (even tho its a remake)   -  everyone must see this movie

"Watch me fuck your girlfriend!"  damn,  what a line
i drink your milkshake

lithium

Lovely bones was good, and visually stunning.
💩

bright lights, big city

Quote from: nonesuch on Jan 16, 2010, 08:52 AM

and the bad lieutenant: Port of New Orleans - i saw it a while back and that it was great but kinda ridiculous,  just watched it again, and damn this film is standing firmly on its own two legs (even tho its a remake)   -  everyone must see this movie

yeah man i agree completely on both movies. Bad Lieutenant is BIG surprise for me last year. And The Road was pretty awesome too. But I would watch and probably enjoy any post-apocalyptic movie. Speaking of which, I want to see Book of Eli asap.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 16, 2010, 06:28 PM

yeah man i agree completely on both movies. Bad Lieutenant is BIG surprise for me last year. And The Road was pretty awesome too. But I would watch and probably enjoy any post-apocalyptic movie. Speaking of which, I want to see Book of Eli asap.

If you do let me know. My friends and I are extremely cautious due to the suspiciously religious subtext.  Kind of on the fence with that one.

one weak

paranormal activity was terrible

devilinside

Quote from: one weak on Jan 17, 2010, 08:05 PM

I agree..it sucked.

Book of Eli was a really great movie. <3 Gary Oldman.

blixa

Quote from: devilinside on Jan 17, 2010, 11:00 PM
Quote from: one weak on Jan 17, 2010, 08:05 PM

I agree..it sucked.

Book of Eli was a really great movie. <3 Gary Oldman.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/current-movie-reviews/book-eli-denzel.php

i'm probably just going to watch it for oldman and the tom waits cameo. i can't really stand denzel.

wither-I

Quote from: oldgentlovecraft on Jan 17, 2010, 02:06 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 16, 2010, 06:28 PM

If you do let me know. My friends and I are extremely cautious due to the suspiciously religious subtext.  Kind of on the fence with that one.

yeah same here, id like to see what its all about.

still need to see bad lt port of call

"coming into the nearness of distance"

nonesuch

A Serious Man

Seriously,  the Coen Brothers can do absolutely no wrong

I can't even remember a movie that i wanted to watch again immediately after it ended (except maybe The Muppet Movie when i was 6)  but this one did it

It's finally out on the torrent circuit so no excuses,  just watch it,  watch the fuck out of it
i drink your milkshake

Penicks

Mr. Nobody

Really good.

wither-I

Quote from: nonesuch on Jan 18, 2010, 08:06 AM
A Serious Man

Seriously,  the Coen Brothers can do absolutely no wrong

I can't even remember a movie that i wanted to watch again immediately after it ended (except maybe The Muppet Movie when i was 6)  but this one did it

It's finally out on the torrent circuit so no excuses,  just watch it,  watch the fuck out of it

i gotta see this. im gonna try and stream it...

"coming into the nearness of distance"

defskull

Most recent movies I've seen:

Slumdog Millionaire - I enjoyed it but I honestly don't know why it got any Oscar noms at all, let alone wins.  Many parts of the movie just seemed like a simplified version of the far superior City of God set in India.  That being said, I feel like the best part of the movie was the acting.  Everyone was pretty damn good in their parts.  Also, I'm a fan of Danny Boyle's but this really wasn't one of this best either.  I mean entertaining movie to watch but I don't believe it deserved the accolades it got.

The Brothers Bloom - Now this is a movie I really liked.  This movie oozes with style.  I don't think I have really cared too much about the wardrobe in a movie but I swear the fashion of the main characters in this movie was amazing.  For nearly half the movie I just wanted to see what they would wear next because they had such unique fashion styles.  I'm too lazy to write more about it but I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  I enjoyed it so much that I went out and picked up Rian Johnson's Brick.  I have heard great things about that one and look forward to watching that soon as well as seeing what he has in store for the future.

theis

Really wanna see The Brothers Bloom. Looks great.

You should look forward to Brick. Truly fantastic flick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is incredible in everything he does.

lostpilot

blixa