Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

Quote from: theis on Jan 20, 2010, 10:39 AM
Really wanna see The Brothers Bloom. Looks great.

You should look forward to Brick. Truly fantastic flick. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is incredible in everything he does.

Oh yeah, he has an extremely brief cameo in Brothers Bloom.  He's in the shot for maybe a second as the camera pans a room with a bunch of people.  I found it to be funny.  Anyway I definitely recommend Brothers Bloom.   I've read that some people complain with the quirkiness in the movie or whatever but I enjoyed it.  It's just a very enjoyable movie I might be watching again soon.

chick de la lynch

I just got finished watching Two Lovers. I thought it was a little too predictable for my taste, but I managed to enjoy it. I am depressed that this was Joaquin's last performance before retirement. I hope he is like every other person who retires, and they end up coming back a couple of years later. He is too good of an actor.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Jan 22, 2010, 04:11 AM
I just got finished watching Two Lovers. I thought it was a little too predictable for my taste, but I managed to enjoy it. I am depressed that this was Joaquin's last performance before retirement. I hope he is like every other person who retires, and they end up coming back a couple of years later. He is too good of an actor.

i reckon it's all a big hoax. IT BETTER BE A FUCKING BIG HOAX. I AM NOT GOING TO LOSE ANOTHER PHOENIX TO UNNATURAL CAUSES, DAMN IT.

lithium

💩

blixa

rewatching this:

masterpiece!

theis

Quote from: lithium on Jan 23, 2010, 07:12 AM
Legion was sick

In a good way?

It looks like The Terminator...but with angels.

blixa

i started listening to david gray and then decided to watch disco pigs. it's an intense little irish movie.

oldgentlovecraft

Thirst was fucking great.

theis

Haven't seen Thirst yet, but Chan-wook Park never disappoints.

lithium

Quote from: theis on Jan 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
Quote from: lithium on Jan 23, 2010, 07:12 AM
Legion was sick

In a good way?

It looks like The Terminator...but with angels.
yes in a good way, it was a bit slow at times but still kicked ass.
💩

defskull

I was interested in Thirst but I heard that it didn't get the best reviews.

oldgentlovecraft

It didn't have those wtf moments like his other works (i.e. Oldboy), but it was a sweet, twisted sort of love story.  A bit humorous, gory, and pretty all at once.

bebo

Has anyone seen his I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK?

Looks interesting

blixa

i fucking love rob zombie. he's the only person who has represented a killer that i would fuck ten times over:

otis b. driftwood, i take you as you are, babe.

chick de la lynch

I saw Saved! yesterday. I wasn't necessarily impressed with it, but I was amused enough to watch the whole thing once. The only thing that stuck out was Mandy Moore's performance.

blixa

i rewatched transamerica tonight. forgot how great this movie is.

blixa

i loved it!

how she had the heart to turn down harry beecham, i will never know.

Jacob

watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night and was pleasantly surprised. Jason Segel is great, and Mila Kunis was hot as usual.

I also watched The Hangover again, and it was even better the second time. I take back what I said about Zach Galifianakis, he's really funny.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

The Hurt Locker

Very good, if not a little over-hyped. Great performances and it was nice to see a war movie from a different angle than what you're used to. Some very intense scenes.

bright lights, big city

the cheapo theater near me played Youth In Revolt, and I was really surprised. wonderful movie, I loved it. I had been getting tired of Michael Cera, but he was great in this, as was everyone else in it. Galifianakis was pretty good, but his character was the only one I probably could have done without. But overall it was a very well written, well-acted story with witty and subtle humor that I adored.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?