Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

^^^^ i loved both of those movies, especially The Machinist. that was what officially made me a huge fan of Christan Bale.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Penicks

Quote from: Jacob on May 10, 2010, 11:55 PM
I always liked Alien 3 and don't really understand the hatred towards it.

It was obvious it didn't have a real script. Ripley was the only interesting character, the rest was underdeveloped alien meat. Don't get me wrong, I love the atmosphere and the setting as well but it just lead to nowhere. It fell flat on its ass after the first 45 minutes and it never recovered. The ending is so cringe worthy. Thank god they booted her back up for number 4.

nintendoXO

The Collector, Pretty crappy movie with a horrible ending :I

Jaw Knee

Vulgar - this movie is fucked up !. kevin smith produced this movie and if your a fan , watch it !. theres lots of cameos  from actors that are usually in  kevin smith's movies.

wax

bright lights, big city

My Life In Ruins - don't ask me why. and it was a terrible, terrible movie.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

"The Running Man." It's eerie how our society is heading towards that path.

Rocket Skates '94

sing blue silver

Quote from: nintendoXO on May 11, 2010, 06:00 PM
The Collector, Pretty crappy movie with a horrible ending :I

yeah that movie fucking SUCKED.

Night of the Creeps - 4.5 / 10, an entertaining b-movie. stupid and silly.

nintendoXO

The Lovely Bones, Its a decent movie.

theis

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - 9/10

nintendoXO

I want to see that movie so bad!!

chick de la lynch

I saw Away We Go last night. I gotta say, this is not Sam Mendes' best work. However I did find the film to be charming and even though I'm not really fond of Maya Rudolph, I actually kind of liked her in this. I think she definitely stole the show from John Krasinski.

Jaw Knee

wax

endoeleven

TheWatcher

Quote from: deftjess on May 10, 2010, 04:21 AM
Saw Iron Man 2, Meh, cool action scenes, Scarlett Johanssan is a babe . But its an ok movie

i think the first one was betta

Jaw Knee

oldgentlovecraft

Legion and Daybreakers.

sing blue silver

chick de la lynch

So I've seen a couple of good films this weekend.

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - At first I actually thought this movie was about Virginia Woolf. Silly me! This was probably one of the most intense films I have ever seen. I was emotionally exhausted after I finished watching this. Nevertheless, I thought it was terrific. Within the first ten minutes of the film I already knew why Elizabeth Taylor won an Oscar for her performance. The whole movie was pure genius.

Glengarry GlenRoss - Another intense film, however this one was one big sausage fest. I still think Alec Baldwin should have gotten an award or something for his monologue. I think Kevin Spacey, Jack Lemmon and Al Pacino were really the heart of the film. Great acting, and amazing dialogue.

A Nos Amours - I wasn't too impressed with this film. I understood it was supposed to be a realist film, and overall there really was no plot. I think that's what I didn't like about it, but now I sound like your stereotypical American who doesn't want to watch a foreign film because it is way too deep to truly understand. I guess I'm just not into these types of films. The realist, that is. I still <3 foreign films.