Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 17, 2010, 03:27 AM
So I've seen a couple of good films this weekend.
Glengarry GlenRoss - Another intense film, however this one was one big sausage fest. I still think Alec Baldwin should have gotten an award or something for his monologue. I think Kevin Spacey, Jack Lemmon and Al Pacino were really the heart of the film. Great acting, and amazing dialogue.
I love this flick. The dialog is so sharp! I guess that is because it was adapted from a play. Yeah, Alec Baldwin stole the show during his cameo monologue.
A. B. C.
A - Always.
B- Be.
C - Closing.
Always Be Closing.
ALWAYS BE CLOSING!!

chick de la lynch

David Mamet knows how to write dialogue. It's admirable.

chick de la lynch

I watched Wild Strawberries last night. What a beautiful film. Bergman definitely knows how to shoot a beautifully constructed scene. There's also a certain haunting quality in his films that I absolutely love. Just the silence of a scene says a lot. I already know why this man is brilliant and this is the second Bergman film I've watched.

theis

Sideways.

One of my favorites.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on May 18, 2010, 11:52 PM
Sideways.

One of my favorites.
me too. Paul Giamatti was perfection.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I rented Sideways once and never finished it, because my girlfriend at the time whom I rented it with thought it was crap. I have only hard positive things about it after that, so maybe I should watch all of it sometime.

tonight I'm planning on watching Kick-Ass.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

I'm watching Kick-Ass tonight, too.

chick de la lynch

I watched The Virgin Spring last night. Another great Bergman piece, however very depressing. Then again what story about a girl getting raped and clubbed to death isn't depressing?

theis

Kick-Ass
- Totally fucking awesome. One of the best flicks I've seen in a while and it instantly took a place in my top 5 comic book flicks. 9.5/10.

My Bloody Valentine '09

- Meh. Nothing new here. Same ol' slasher formula. Some pretty entertaining kills though. 4/10.

theis

The Collector - 5/10

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

I was dragged to see it with my gf and since I've never seen the original, I would say is pretty entertaining. The animation and effects are superb.

chick de la lynch

I watched Boy A last night. Great film. It was painfully heartbreaking because you actually liked this kid even though you knew what he did when he was a youngster. This movie is a reminder about humanity and that sometimes no matter how bad of a mistake we have made we can never be forgiven for it.

defskull

I had seen parts of Monsters Inc a few years back but today I finally saw it from beginning to end.  That movie is amazing.  It's certainly top 3 material in terms of Pixar movies.  It had me crying at the end.  Damn you Pixar and your amazing storytelling abilities!

Also saw Men Who Stare At Goats.  Don't bother.

chick de la lynch

If memory serves me correctly, I think I told you Men Who Stare At Goats wasn't worth the watch.

Jacob

Kick-Ass. oh. my. god. 10/10.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

oldgentlovecraft

Four Flies on Grey Velvet
Do You Like Hitchcock?

It's Argento time...

Sushi-X

Avatar. Way to fucking hypd. Just a run of the mil sci fi movie

Rocket Skates '94

theis

The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

Fucking weird movie, but I liked it a lot. Nicholas Cage rocked.

8/10.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Gran Torino

10/10

Is one of those movies that leaves you teary eyes. Amazing movie

bebo

Watched [REC] and [REC] 2

Good stuff

Need more horror