Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on May 25, 2010, 10:32 PM
The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.

Fucking weird movie, but I liked it a lot. Nicholas Cage rocked.

8/10.

i loved it, put it my top 5 of 2009, and thought it was Cage's best movie in over a decade.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

fireflyry

Capitalism: A Love Story

Great doco.Big fan of Michael Moore, although I will say he presents his side of the story with no rebuttal, and it's made me look into more American political history, something I otherwise wouldn't have given two hoots about tbh.

Also Kick Ass.The name says it all.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

bright lights, big city

The Road - 9/10 - slow pacing but loved every minute of it
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

The Book of Eli.

Pretty good. Too much religious stuff for my taste, but it didn't ruin the movie for me. Denzel, Oldman and Waits in the same movie cannot fail.

7.5/10.

Jacob

The Men Who Stare At Goats

kinda disappointing, although entertaining. just not sure what the point of the movie was.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

chick de la lynch

I watched Red Eye last night. I did enjoy the film, but there were certain parts where it got annoying. The conversation between Lisa and Jackson is just too obvious (When Jackson says he doesn't go by "Jack" because his last name resembles too much of Jack the Ripper) and it also got a little cheesy. I forgave the latter part because I have had conversations like that with men I barely knew (I'm horrible at flirting). Rachel McAdams is not that great of an actress, and she made the movie unbearable to watch during certain moments. Cillian Murphy knows how to act though. I felt his creepiness through the screen and that was scary. I don't think Cillian Murphy can do a bad job even if he tried.

bebo

Deadgirl.

Fucked up but a good watch

theis

The Wolfman '09 - 8.5/10

Deadgirl - 8/10

sing blue silver

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus - 6 out of 10. just kinda "meh" imo. tom waits stole the show for me though.

Sushi-X

The Road. It was ok. Could have used a bit more color styles other the monochromatic shades. Would recommend the book over the movie.

Rocket Skates '94

bright lights, big city

Quote from: MxKnife on May 30, 2010, 01:34 PM
The Road. It was ok. Could have used a bit more color styles other the monochromatic shades. Would recommend the book over the movie.
sorry i loved pretty much everything about the flick, especially the color filters.

O Brother Where Art Thou - 9/10
DERP

Sushi-X

Repo! The Genetic Opera. It was definitely a very interesting movie. It's one of those rare films that has a style  and world it can really claim as it's own.

Rocket Skates '94

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Changeling

Jolie's best performance right there. No posing, no showing her lips or body, not trying to be a femme fatale or any shit like that.
Awesome drama movie.

theis

Friday the 13th (2009) - 7/10 (tits - 11/10)

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on May 26, 2010, 11:24 PM
Cillian Murphy knows how to act though. I felt his creepiness through the screen and that was scary. I don't think Cillian Murphy can do a bad job even if he tried.

i clicked my fingers and pretended i was a black girl after i read this. his acting is absolutely perfect. i loved him in red eye. i was a little surprised that he did red eye but man, everytime i sit on a plane i want someone like him sitting next to me. maybe i should get into hotel management...

tarkil

Anyone saw that Prince of Persia bullshit ? I'm wondering how it is...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

Quote from: tarkil on Jun 03, 2010, 03:20 PM
Anyone saw that Prince of Persia bullshit ? I'm wondering how it is...

I wouldn't see that if my life depended on it.

djsoulglo

Ironman 2. It was alright.

lostpilot

The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

EXCELLENT.

theis

Quote from: lostpilot on Jun 03, 2010, 08:42 PM
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.

EXCELLENT.

Fuck yeah!

[Rec] 2 - 8/10

Excellent ending.