Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Crank - awesomeness/10

Crank: High Voltage - awesomenessx1000/10

Jacob

watched Pandorum last night. great movie. sure, not very original, but I think it had a lot more intelligent writing than most similar movies. acting was so-so, but holy shit is Antje Traue hot!
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

oldgentlovecraft

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 20, 2010, 11:15 AM
watched Pandorum last night. great movie. sure, not very original, but I think it had a lot more intelligent writing than most similar movies. acting was so-so, but holy shit is Antje Traue hot!

I ended up buying it and was actually impressed.

bright lights, big city

holy shit, i second the Antje Traue hotness comment. and as a whole Pandorum was a pleasant surprise for me too. Then again I watched it right after seeing Legion, which I absolutely despised. I mean after Legion's awfulness, I was making comparisons of Pandorum to Aliens.

and speaking of films with Ben Foster, last movie i saw was The Messenger with Foster and Woody Harrelson. nothing really spectacular, but the story was pretty good and Harrelson was good for a dramatic role.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Jacob

I have a thing for dirty and badass chicks. I wish more girls would walk around like this in real life.

and there's just something about those eyes that get me.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

ben

devilinside

despicable me...lol. I thought it was cute.

sing blue silver

black dynamite, just as funny as ever.

Sinatra

Watched Repo Men for the third time, fucking fantastic!

Penicks

theis

Kick-Ass - 10/10 (Seen it 6 times now and I could easily watch it again right away. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. Awesomeness.)

Batman: Under the Red Hood - 8.5/10

theis

bright lights, big city

Kick Ass - 9.5/10
Smokin Aces - 7/10
Green Zone - 7.5/10

i think so far Kick Ass is in my top 3 of 2010
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 16, 2010, 05:00 AM
i think so far Kick Ass is in my top 3 of 2010

Same here.

My top 5 of 2010, so far:

1. Inception
2. Shutter Island
3. Kick-Ass
4. Hot Tub Time Machine
5. Youth In Revolt

theis

Universal Soldier: Regeneration - 8.5/10

Surprisingly awesome.

defskull

Scott Pilgrim was pretty damn good.  Some of the fight sequences grew long but honestly I really loved this movie.  Edgar Wright never fails to impress.

4th Eye

Recent movies:

Terminator Salvation 7.5/10 -  the greatness of first and second Terminator added too high expectations but it was okay. Fun action but it lacked something to get to a next level.

Gran Torino 9/10 - one of Clint's best in front and back of camera.

Valkyrie 8.5/10 - interesting and well-flowing movie. Never knew how close the history was about to be re-written and at one point I thought "wow, did they succeed?............oh, right....not!"

Prison 7/10 - ok. Viggo's a badass.

Semi-pro 6/10 - something funny here and there but that's it.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Aug 17, 2010, 05:31 AM
Scott Pilgrim was pretty damn good.  Some of the fight sequences grew long but honestly I really loved this movie.  Edgar Wright never fails to impress.
from what I've read, Edgar Wright's directing is what makes it a very good movie. His track record has been great, so I guess I should go see this soon, even though I have no background on the comics.
DERP

oldgentlovecraft

Clash of the Titans - visually fun, but nothing beats the classic

Fourth Kind - very eerie film, and it didn't matter if it was fake or not, the movie still was unsettling

The Box - Richard Matheson is a genius, and this was a throwback to old sci-fi stories ala Twilight Zone

bright lights, big city

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - 10/10 - absolutely brilliant storytelling that needs to be seen by everyone. The first of a trilogy, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I could see why David Fincher is remaking this for the U.S., hopefully he'll be involved with the whole series.
DERP