Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 03, 2010, 05:03 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember
man i wish my mustache was as wicked as sam elliott's. and my voice as gravelly.

aww, you've already got my heart, darl.

chick de la lynch

I saw A Single Man tonight, which was such a beautifully shot film. Colin Firth really did an excellent acting job. I could feel his heartache throughout the whole film, which at times made me cry. I'm not too familiar with Tom Ford's fashion designs, but he should definitely direct more films because this guy has a knack for it.

lithium

💩

bright lights, big city

Quote from: lithium on Nov 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
Due date was awesome. Everyone needs to watch it.
i've heard it's A LOT like Plains, Trains, and Automobiles. not that there's anything wrong with that.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Nov 12, 2010, 04:49 AM
I saw A Single Man tonight, which was such a beautifully shot film. Colin Firth really did an excellent acting job. I could feel his heartache throughout the whole film, which at times made me cry. I'm not too familiar with Tom Ford's fashion designs, but he should definitely direct more films because this guy has a knack for it.

i'm scared of watching this and finding a beautiful film with not much of a context.

lithium

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 13, 2010, 06:10 AM
Quote from: lithium on Nov 12, 2010, 07:40 PM
Due date was awesome. Everyone needs to watch it.
i've heard it's A LOT like Plains, Trains, and Automobiles. not that there's anything wrong with that.
I've never seen plains,trains, and automobiles. I wouldn't know.
💩

blixa

chick de la lynch

Quote from: blixa on Nov 14, 2010, 11:52 AM
Quote from: chick de la lynch on Nov 12, 2010, 04:49 AM

i'm scared of watching this and finding a beautiful film with not much of a context.

I didn't gain much of an insight when watching this film, but it was forgivable. This film was lush and beautiful, and with Colin Firth's amazingly honest acting, it didn't really matter that it just abruptly ended because you felt something throughout the whole thing. I'm not fond of a film with little to no context, but A Single Man is the exception to the rule.

blixa

watched a common thread. it was a very good film. i like that it didn't try too hard. it just flowed. and that's a lot coming from me seeing that this was a french film.

defskull

I saw Croupier the other night and found out that Clive Owen looks surprisingly good with bleach blond hair. Other than that tidbit it was an okay movie made better by the fact that Clive Owen starred in it.  He really has this way of just making anything more interesting.

blixa

I WANT TO BREAK NECKS! THIS WAS SO FUCKIN' BRILLIANT.

bright lights, big city

honestly never even heard of it, but upon learning Sean Bean was in them, i am intrigued.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

Quote from: defskull on Nov 17, 2010, 10:32 PM
I saw Croupier the other night and found out that Clive Owen looks surprisingly good with bleach blond hair. Other than that tidbit it was an okay movie made better by the fact that Clive Owen starred in it.  He really has this way of just making anything more interesting.

I think you're a little biased on that front because you bare a strong resemblance to him, but Clive Owen really does make movies better, so I can't argue with that statement.

The bleached hair scared me at first, but once I got used to seeing him blond I found myself quite liking it. I still prefer him with dark hair, though. I think this was his sexiest role to date, followed by Dwight in Sin City.

defskull

So because you think I look like Clive that means I'm biased in thinking that he looks good with blond hair? That doesn't make sense. 

chick de la lynch

Either I wrote that wrong or you read it wrong or both. I meant to say that you think he makes films more interesting because you look like him. It was a comment/slightly sarcastic statement that went wrong.

I saw An Education yesterday, which I enjoyed a lot. Carey Mulligan was cute and charming, and I found myself giddy with excitement whenever Peter Sarsgaard came on the screen. This movie definitely reminded me of my last year in high school, and when an older man started showing interest in me. It goes to show you can be smart and clever, and still manage to act stupid around a really attractive and charming man.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Nov 21, 2010, 12:28 AM
It goes to show you can be smart and clever, and still manage to act stupid around a really attractive and charming man.

never really happened to me. really attractive and charming men seem to act very stupidely around me. i always held the belief that it was simply because they wanted me to go away or something.

theis

Watched "Going the Distance".

Enjoyed it a lot. Not your typical "rom-com". Surprisingly raunchy.

Plus, really great cast. Justin Long, Jason Sudeikis, Ron Livingston and Charlie Day (from It's Always Sunny). Charlie ("Dan") was definitely my favorite character.

ben

Watched Recently:

Tokyo Story- 9/10
Suspiria- 8/10
Late Spring- 8/10
Kagemusha- 10/10
Black Sunday- 6/10

chick de la lynch

Quote from: blixa on Nov 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
It goes to show you can be smart and clever, and still manage to act stupid around a really attractive and charming man.

never really happened to me. really attractive and charming men seem to act very stupidely around me. i always held the belief that it was simply because they wanted me to go away or something.

Usually when men act dumb around me it's because they like me. They probably liked you, or were intimidated by your intelligence and beauty or a mix of the two.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Nov 22, 2010, 05:18 AM
Quote from: blixa on Nov 21, 2010, 11:59 AM

Usually when men act dumb around me it's because they like me. They probably liked you, or were intimidated by your intelligence and beauty or a mix of the two.

yes, i think that too hahaha or there's the borderline chance that i'm shit as fuck boring.