Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chick de la lynch

You're hardly shit fuck boring!

I saw a couple of films this weekend. The first movie I saw was Dive, a TV movie from the UK. The main reason why I watched this was because of Jack O'Connell. He's a great actor, yet he is so young. At times, the movie got really melodramatic with the acting and music, but I actually kind of enjoyed watching it. I especially liked the fact that they just didn't focus on the pregnant girl's story, but also on the boyfriend, showing that it takes two people to get pregnant. Very interesting since you don't see that a lot in movies about teenage pregnancy.

I also saw This is England, another movie I enjoyed watching. I'm not too familiar with the skinhead culture, especially in England, so I learned a little something. However, parts of movie disturbed me quite a bit, which was okay since this film was exploring the ugly side of England. I thought the film was well put together and the actor's pulled off some rather difficult performances.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Nov 23, 2010, 04:21 AM

I saw a couple of films this weekend. The first movie I saw was Dive, a TV movie from the UK. The main reason why I watched this was because of Jack O'Connell. He's a great actor, yet he is so young. At times, the movie got really melodramatic with the acting and music, but I actually kind of enjoyed watching it. I especially liked the fact that they just didn't focus on the pregnant girl's story, but also on the boyfriend, showing that it takes two people to get pregnant. Very interesting since you don't see that a lot in movies about teenage pregnancy.

I also saw This is England, another movie I enjoyed watching. I'm not too familiar with the skinhead culture, especially in England, so I learned a little something. However, parts of movie disturbed me quite a bit, which was okay since this film was exploring the ugly side of England. I thought the film was well put together and the

actor's pulled off some rather difficult performances.

shane meadows is my favourite director. big call, but i just made it.

wheresmysnare

Quote from: blixa on Nov 23, 2010, 12:24 PM

I also saw This is England, another movie I enjoyed watching. I'm not too familiar with the skinhead culture, especially in England, so I learned a little something. However, parts of movie disturbed me quite a bit, which was okay since this film was exploring the ugly side of England. I thought the film was well put together and the

this is england is alright, theres also a TV series of it of like hour long specials going through different decades in the UK, i'd recommend train spotting if you haven't seen it, a bit more light hearted

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

bright lights, big city

Boardwalk Empire. The best new show this year (just edging out Walking Dead).
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

bright lights, big city

I think you would really enjoy it. Plus it stars Steve Buscemi! haha
DERP

blixa

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Nov 23, 2010, 06:34 PM
Quote from: blixa on Nov 23, 2010, 12:24 PM

this is england is alright, theres also a TV series of it of like hour long specials going through different decades in the UK, i'd recommend train spotting if you haven't seen it, a bit more light hearted

a bit more lighthearted hahaha i don't think so!

tarkil

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 24, 2010, 01:37 AM

Fucking awesome show indeed...
Theis, Scorcese also participates in directing this show so...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

theis

Quote from: tarkil on Nov 24, 2010, 08:33 AM

Yeah, I know. Just too many shows lately, haha.

I'll be up to speed soon.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Nov 24, 2010, 10:47 PM
Quote from: tarkil on Nov 24, 2010, 08:33 AM

Yeah, I know. Just too many shows lately, haha.

I'll be up to speed soon.
you damn well better! another good new show that's on HBO is Treme. all-star cast, set in New Orleans, featuring LOTS of music.
DERP

blixa

chick de la lynch

The past couple of days I guess I've been on a bit of a Clive Owen bender, and because of that I'm now in love with the man. Seriously. In LOVE!

So the first Clive film I saw was Beyond Borders. Yeah, if the film had anyone else as the main lead I probably would have shut it off within the first ten minutes. However, Clive just makes films watchable no matter how horrible they may be, and I think he actually saved this film. Well, for me. This wasn't Jolie's best acting work, and I felt she kind of just coasted through this film. Luckily she's done some great films over the past ten years you kind of just forget about her in this train wreck. If it wasn't such a cheesy love story, this film might have actually had a chance of being good. Alas, though, we cannot change the past.

The second film I saw of Clive was an old one, and I actually found it on Google videos called Close My Eyes. I've seen a few films about incest in the past, and what I find to be weird is that it doesn't feel like they're committing an act of incest until it is reminded to the audience that these people are blood related. It worked this way with this film, too. I guess it's a way to touch on a controversial issue without making it really creepy. Either way, it was great. I liked the push and pull relationship between Nathalie and Richard, and I think it kept the audience interested until the very end. Oh, and Alan Rickman is awesome, like always. And, of course, seeing Clive Owen naked was a massive plus.

blixa

just watched the last exorcism. the peeps i was with hated it. i didn't mind it.

downtownpony

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Nov 23, 2010, 11:45 PM
Boardwalk Empire. The best new show this year (just edging out Walking Dead).

I liked that dude in The Wire, I'll have to check it out.
Just saw Harry Brown the other night. It's a played out story, but the flick is still enjoyable.

deftjess

Saw Donnie Darko for the first time

WOW crazy ass movie,but i really liked it

blixa

i watched the band's visit with my dad. it was absolutely wonderful. i loved it. i'm going to try to track down some more arab and israeli films. some persian ones too. i remember watching one a few years ago about prostitutes working in iran.

i also watched brides. i was so upset at the end of it that i had to stay up til 3am listening to happy music because i couldn't sleep. it broke my heart. it seriously broke it in half.