Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

i watched tell no one tonight. so very good. the plot was seriously twisted and amazingly laid out.

defskull

The Secret of Kells and Dead Alive were my last two victims. Dead Alive was just amazing and right up my alley. Secret of Kells had some ridiculously pretty animation. I honestly don't know why everyone insists on CGI today to make animated features.

shine down unshy

HANNAH.  Fucking awesome movie...about a girl who is trained by her father to kill.  Really good movie, there isn't a shitload of dialogue, and when there is, it's pretty informational and it doesn't saturate the film.  Pretty tight soundtrack too, all electro-y.  Really liked it.

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jun 12, 2011, 04:31 AM
Dead Alive was just amazing and right up my alley.

Are you talking about Dead Alive AKA Braindead?

defskull

AKA yes. Over the top gory movies with a slapstick sense of humor are so much fun. The gore effects in the movie were amazing.

bright lights, big city

is Dead Alive the one with the awesome lawnmower scene near the end?
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jun 12, 2011, 05:12 PM
AKA yes. Over the top gory movies with a slapstick sense of humor are so much fun. The gore effects in the movie were amazing.

"I KICK ARSE FOR THE LORD!"

Yes, awesome flick. First time you saw it?

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 12, 2011, 05:25 PM
is Dead Alive the one with the awesome lawnmower scene near the end?

Yessir.

defskull

Yeah it was my first time. Just one of many movies I've been meaning to see for years.

blixa

watched the resident. crappppp. the worst movie. no one watch it. jeffrey dean morgan's face was the only thing that was decent about it.

bright lights, big city

Source Code. Really enjoyed it surprisingly, since I went in with low expectations. Way better sci-fi than say, the Adjustment Bureau (adjusts crotch)
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Clash Of The Titans (8/10)

Very enjoyable movie considering that I used to worship Greek history back in my High school years.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 21, 2011, 06:50 PM
^ Original or remake?

I focking love the original.
classic. Ray Harryhausen's the goddamn king of special fx
DERP

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

blixa

rocket science. this was such a good movie. i've decided that movies about stutterers have become favourites.

also i've heard it being compared a lot to rushmore, but i thought rocket science was more enjoyable than rushmore.

lukas989

I went on a comedy binge there (not deliberately mind you - just dictated by the lovefilm list) - The Other Guys (Ferrell, Wahlberg), which I thought was fucking funny - good honest off the wall random Will Ferrell fueled improvisation type stuff.  And then Grown Ups (Adam Sandler and cronies), which I was less enthused by - Sandler seems to have gone into super safe mode - a few funny lines, but generally a letdown, much like Funny People was.  Kinda like hes looking for the wider audience vibe and letting himself down with it.  Reminded me of the deflation I experienced after watching Couples Retreat - I felt sure of quality what with Vaughn, Bateman and Favreau being in there, but it was in fact bollocks.

blixa

i watched paper heart. beautiful beautiful beautiful. so hilarious. i know see the charm of michael cera.

lukas989

Yeah tis good - went on a Cera binge a while back - my faves were that and Youth in Revolt, which I highly recommend if you havent taken it in already.  Was pretty diappointed with Nick n Norah though.

blixa

i hated nick and norah so much. pretentious piece of garbage. i usually really dislike all of cera's movies, except for superbad, but he was very charming in paper heart. everyone in that movie was so likeable. and the stories. the one with the guy who's talking about his boyfriend being in a box (his boyfriend died)...it made me cry.