Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

i'll look for it at the video store next time i'm in.

i watched gasland. i'm depressed.

Penicks

Insidious

Great, great horror. Reminded me of a modern age Nightmare on Elm Street. Not perfect,but it is really really great.

Corleone

Dark City: 9/10, great acting, crazy story and jennifer connelly is hot, it's like the matrix but more serious

Striking Distance: 6/10, was good, cheesy music and ok acting, sarah jessica parker is ugly

Stir of Echoes 6/10, worth watching, kind of creepy but story is wack, good ending though

Rendition: 4/10 fucking boring, ok story but just drags on, jake gyllinhall's acting sucks in this one

the life of david gale: 7/10, the main girl is kinda annoying but spacey makes up for it

lithium

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 28, 2011, 06:24 PM
Insidious

Great, great horror. Reminded me of a modern age Nightmare on Elm Street. Not perfect,but it is really really great.
Hell yes. Best watched in theaters.
💩

Jerry_Curls

^I agree. I didn't go to the theatre for like 2 years and a half and I HAD to watch this movie on the big screen. Glad I did.

Just saw Inception two nights ago (a couple of months ago I saw half of it then fell asleep)....kind of dumb. That short girl has the most annoying voice. The best part of the movie was the french girl.

Someone enlighten me on it's amazingness.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

theis

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jul 05, 2011, 08:51 PM
Someone enlighten me on it's amazingness.

It's just a fantastic sci-fi flick. Epic scope, complex story, breathtaking action and visuals, goosebump-inducing soundtrack, etc...basically everything I could wish for in this kind of movie.

Jerry_Curls

Ok. I agree with what you've said. I loved the visuals, action, soundtrack, yet the ending left a bad taste in my brain. Like...there was no revelation . I know the whole idea of inception and his wife's death is the revelation, yet it kind of felt like it was an afterthought when compared to the visuals.

Another problem for me was the dialogue. Conversations were like rapid fire and I couldn't really stay attentive due to the never ending, overwhelming soundtrack. Hmmmmmm...

I'll give it one more chance just because I do love the ideas presented and Leonardo :)
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

bright lights, big city

I still want to know how his wife jumps from a completely separate ledge from him.

And I loved the ending. Leaves it up for so much discussion, but the main point of that final scene is that the totem doesn't mean anything now because all that matters is him finally being with his kids.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

bright lights, big city

DERP

theis

blixa

i wasn't planing to watch it. maybe just to see cillian murphy though.

Jerry_Curls

..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Transformers 3

What a fucking deception
The main villain was suppose to be Shockwave right?With only like 5 minutes total on screen?Yeah right
Fuck this movie Im no longer a fan of Bay after this.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 06, 2011, 10:18 PM
haha your problem was being a fan of his in the first place.
DERP

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 06, 2011, 10:19 PM
haha your problem was being a fan of his in the first place.

Well part 2 sucked too dude but The Rock was a solid film :P Besides is not like Im a fan of bay.I was fan of Transformers animated series back when I was kid so I decided to go and watch part 3.Such bad money spending.

defskull

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Jul 06, 2011, 10:22 PM
Besides is not like Im a fan of bay

I am very confused...

Anyway, what did you expect? The TV show was really nothing more than just a long toy commercial anyway.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Inglorious Bastards

1/10

What's with the high ratings on this movie?I got fucking bored after 2 hours.I like WWII movies but come on this is bullshit.I would rather see Valkyrie again than this crap.

theis