Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

What is the true epic fail, thinking a movie is shit or thinking your opinion is superior to someone else's opinion?

JUST A THOUGHT

Penicks

i think you guys mean 'epic failure'

i know this and english isn't even my second language

bright lights, big city

well when it comes to a fantastic flick like Inglourious Basterds, opinions like mine and theis' are superior. Movie's fucking amazing.

On the subject of Tarantino, who's ready for Django Unchained starring Christoph Waltz, Jamie Foxx, Leo, and Samuel L.? Sounds like if you don't like Basterds, you ain't gonna like this.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lukas989

I accept it may not be for some, I never thought there would be a 1/10.  Are you sure you watched Inglorious Basterds?  Each to their own an' all, but Im as surprised as a homophobe with a dick in his mouth.

rock_n_frost

it was one of the best movie of the year..

the problem is probably about what you expected from that movie before you watch.. 
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

poofing acid

I watched Throw Momma From The Train last night.  I lolled. Old Devito.  Classic

black coffee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 08, 2011, 01:42 PM
well when it comes to a fantastic flick like Inglourious Basterds, opinions like mine and theis' are superior.

Well deserved

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lukas989

Im sure someone said they saw it, but no matter - a timely reminder for all those that havent...Blue Valentine - fucking absolutely fantastic.  Michelle Williams and Ryan Gosling are stupendous.

defskull

I saw Horrible Bosses this weekend. The movie was kind of run of the mill but the cast elevates it to being a much better movie.

theis

Watched Sucker Punch.

Not as bad as I was expecting, but definitely not something I'd ever watch again.

Felt like I was watching a videogame in most of the fight scenes. The steam zombies were pretty cool.

Oh, and Emily Browning is one hot little piece of ass.

Above average entertainment.

6/10.

defskull

That's pretty much what I thought. It got shit on quite a lot and I don't know why.

bright lights, big city

I felt the same way about Bridesmaids. I'm a big Kristen Wiig fan, so I was happy with her carrying the film. Definitely worth seeing once, even though it's been labeled as a women's comedy. Just probably don't really need to see it again.
DERP

theis

Insidious.

Great first half. Creepy atmosphere, harrowing soundtrack, subtle scares...then enter Darth Maul and "The Further" and the movie takes a complete 180 to shitsville.

What a waste.

4/10.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

defskull

Rubber was a terrible movie. To quote a review of the movie: "The film is intellectual wankery of the highest order in the sheepskin of a B-film of the lowest order". I agree with this 100%.

bright lights, big city

I actually think 2 Marvel movies might be my favorite films of this year. X-Men and Thor. Loved just about everything that X-Men movie.

As far as Insidious goes, that's really disappointing. I've been recommended that, and have some hopes for it. Actually plan on watching it probably this weekend, along with I Saw The Devil.
DERP

theis

downtownpony

fucked up.

I guess I should see the Devil yall seem to think it's pretty badass.
I haven't been keeping up with movies lately so the only thing I'm looking forward to is Captain America.

blixa