Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Movie Topic (films recently watched, general discussion, etc)

Started by 4th Eye, Mar 02, 2005, 10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

chick de la lynch

I may not be the biggest fan of Mr. Bean but I wouldn't subject him to sucking a dick.

I recently saw Autumn Sonata which was pretty captivating. I never realized how much Isabella Rossellini looked and sounded like her mother, Ingrid Bergman. I loved the color of the movie, too. It was muted, yet bright at the same time. I might consider this one of Ingmar Bergman's most depressing films just because of the content alone.

lukas989

Went and seen Tyrannosaur tonight - Paddy Considines directorial debut - and boy oh boy he didnt fuck about when it came to tackling the taboo subjects (domestic violence, alcoholism, rape).  Pretty much every scene was preluded with audible intakes of breath around about me at apparent preperation for the bombshells that would greet us over the following moments.  Pat Mullan is born to play the type of role he has in this one - a damaged brash troubled guy, who under it all has a sense of decency about him that has you almost forgiving the weaknesses in him - helped a lot by his frankness.  Theres plenty of discussing to be had after watching it, but yeah - prepare yourself.  Obviously with it being Paddy, theres leanings in tone towards his hombre Shane Meadows (the feel of it reminded me a lot of This is England especially) and that aint no bad thing.

shine down unshy

Probably one of the best movies I've seen all year.  Gotta give it up to Ryan Gosling for this one.  Oh and the soundtrack is pretty rad too.

bright lights, big city

yeah dude. gotta be my favorite movie of the year so far. don't forget about how awesome his scorpion jacket is.

you might appreciate this article: http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/10/woman-sues-drive-for-not-being-enough-like-fast-and-furious
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

shine down unshy

Dude, yes..that bad ass scorpion jacket. 

And lol @ the article.

theis

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I watched The Thing (2011) pretty solid movie 8 out 10. Winstead reminded me of a young Sigourey Weaver kicking aliens' ass

chick de la lynch

I watched Date Night a few nights back. I thought it had its funny moments and Tina Fey and Steve Carrell had great chemistry. The film lagged at certain points, but otherwise it was an enjoyable movie. Not my favorite, but it was worth the watch.

I just finished watching Cries and Whispers. There was one scene that gave me the heebie jeebies but otherwise I couldn't stop looking at the screen. Beautifully made as usual, but this film was the least experimental out of all of Bergman's films which makes it easier to watch. Sometimes watching a Bergman film can be tedious and emotionally exhausting. While this film was an emotional roller coaster, it wasn't hard to watch.

snw9

Quote from: RoyalDeftonicBoy on Oct 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
I watched The Thing (2011) pretty solid movie 8 out 10. Winstead reminded me of a young Sigourey Weaver kicking aliens' ass

Im a huge john carpenter fan and loved the Thing 1982. Hows does the suspense compare?
Code: [Select]

defskull

I heard that the new Thing is basically the John Carpenter Thing + Aliens - originality.

chick de la lynch

I saw quite a few films this weekend.

Bridesmaids - I think it's great that there's a movie out there where women are funny and raunchy without being sexualized or dumbed down. It's been a long time coming, and I think it stole some of the usual Apatow gang's thunder. It was well paced and very sweet at certain points. Jon Hamm plays a great douchebag and Melissa McCarthy is hilarious. I was always excited whenever she came onto the screen because I knew something funny was in store. Overall, I enjoyed the film.

Profondo Rosso (Deep Red) - My first Argento film, and I have to say I actually liked it. I remember crying when I heard a woman getting slashed to death in Tenebrae when I was fourteen years old. Seems as if I have grown up, matured and seen worse films since then. The murdering scenes didn't bother me so much. They were cringe-worthy though. Unfortunately I watched the edited down version made for America, so the editing was pretty bad which is something I can't blame Argento for. It was beautifully shot, too which I really wasn't expecting from a horror film, especially Argento. I can't say if this movie has turned me on to horror films, but I am interested in seeing more of Argento's work.

Uncertainty - I loved Joseph Gordon-Levitt in this but I felt as if the writers who made this movie were trying to come off as smart when it kind of fizzled out towards the end. There is a great, nerve wracking chase scene that happens, but when we get to the climax there is no climax. It's just blah. I wasn't fond of Lynn Collins in this role either. JGL definitely outshined her, instead of keeping it balanced performances. There was a lot of potential for this movie and it seemed as if the idea wasn't as fully developed as it should have been.

Kramer v. Kramer - I had to watch this for one of my cinema classes. Plot wise, not my cup of tea. The acting performances were amazing though. You really can't go wrong with Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman though. They always deliver amazing performances and it's always great to see these actors when they were young. Surprisingly this movie did not make me cry, so the description on Netflix lied to me. 

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I saw Paranormal Activity 3 and I was pretty bored = /
6/10
I think is time to stop already.

blixa

paranormal activity 2 - i thought it was kind of sucky.

passengers - it was okay. patrick wilson is va-va-voom.

the dead girl - loved it a lot. the performances were superb. i kind of liked that james franco was in it and it wasn't like, "oh, that's james franco". i still find him incredibly annoying though. i sympathised with most of the characters. toni collette was very good in this.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: blixa on Nov 20, 2011, 12:52 PM
passengers - it was okay. patrick wilson is va-va-voom.

replace patrick wilson with anne hathaway and I felt the same about that.
DERP

blixa

blixa

i watched welcome last night. so restrained and so fucking beautiful.

defskull

I've seen some movies recently. They ranged from being good and bad. The end.

theis

50/50.

Amazing little flick. Loved, loved, loved it.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Nov 30, 2011, 12:19 AM
50/50.

Amazing little flick. Loved, loved, loved it.
I'll come clean. I shed quite a few tears during it.
DERP